What's new

Gunner93's Lightning Bolt

K

kazama

There's a track day on that date. :D

but I don't think my car can make it in time. sigh.

G

gunner93

There's a track day on that date. :D

but I don't think my car can make it in time. sigh.
I'm keen to track my car to probe where the weak links are...:nod: I'm sure it will be somewhere around the handling area... suspensions, tyres, brakes...

Lets organise a track day at Sepang once your ride is ready shall we? You know the saying goes... "Its better to wear out than to rust out..." :D

K

kazama

Track days are the best man !

I'll be organizing a small get together/cruise/tt for S15 owners somewhere in March. Will keep you informed.

G

gunner93

Update :

Its been a while, some more DIY and add ons I've picked up...

Painted the centre panel in metallic silver...

An impulse buy I just cant resist... hand brake knob & deep dish drift steering.

G

gunner93

Picked up this magnetic sump nut...

Sticks like a dog on a bitch...

Will take some pics during next oil change and see how much crap this will attract...

S

sillbeers15

Gunner93,

Welcome to the noisy, noisy....tire tread club. I'm certain your NVH is up again!

See, you gain some but you loose some others!

G

gunner93

Hi CP, long time no hear form you? Any more new mods to your car? :D

As for NVH, I have long given up on it. :( My zorst alone will drown out all stray sounds. I'll just let it be a raw performance car as it was built as.

S

sillbeers15

Only installed a new differential unit onto my ride as all the aftermarket reinforced suspension arms and rose joints transmit noise readily into my cabin. The new unit makes very negligible whine at 70 to 90km/h speed on
6th gear now.

I'm certain my old differential gear isn't worn (only 30,000km on it since new) just that the replacement unit now is better:D

I'll be installing HKS Camp II soon after getting a fresh coat of pearl white + double lacquer coats on my ride (it took 2 months wait time + 2 months paint/prep time to get my car through painting).

G

gunner93

Hi Chin,

My present tyres are old and thread depth left about 5% to 10% so what better time to change it than just before HPC. Will get it alligned with proper camber and toe settings and finally filled with nitrogen gas. :thumbs:

Reaction score
Hi Chin,

My present tyres are old and thread depth left about 5% to 10% so what better time to change it than just before HPC. Will get it alligned with proper camber and toe settings and finally filled with nitrogen gas. :thumbs:
LOL .... NITROGEN GAS somemore .....! :eek::eek::eek: :notworthy::notworthy::notworthy:

K

kazama

wow ... do we really need this type of tires to run in Sepang ah?

you'd want to use this type of tires to fully bring out the best of our beast.
In fact, some of the boys use semi slicks on the road as well. Good stuff man, So much grip.
Just take it easy during the rain and on wet/damp roads and you should be fine.

colin, *yummy!* These are going in the fronts right ..?

G

gunner93

Update :

Prepping for another track day tomorrow. Fresh synthetics from sponsor selected hard centistrokes 15w50

Tilting my car to drain out another cupful

All the trouble for another cupful of oil

Flush out my old DOT4 while I'm at it

Here's one I'm keen to see. My magnetic sum nut after 3,500km. What did it attract?

Very fine metal particles you can see here half cleaned.

All cleaned up and a comparison with the original nut.

Checking if the magnet still works

Yeah... still stickin' strong... Not bad for S$11

Last edited:
G

gunner93

Its been 4 years since... thought I'd do a little update on my ride here which is seeing more track days ...

Exiting out of Sepang Pit

Approaching Turn 9 Chicane

Exiting Turn 6

Issac's S15 Red and mine on the left

(L) Mine 270hp, Issac 270hp & (R) Jason 380hp