What's new

2jz-s15

Reaction score
Country
Hi everyone, few mods and photos of my 2JZ S15 thats been built over the last few years.
Currently a street machine and recently engineered, maybe in the future it'll see a track day.

2jzgte vvti JZS161
Precision 6062 gen 2 .82
Turbo smart 50mm progate
1600cc ID injectors
Kelford b series cams, springs and TI retainers
BC shim less buckets on the exhaust side
Fidanza Adjustable exhaust cam gear
6 boost manifold
All the hot side ceramic coated
Haltech custom s-chassis JZ loom
Haltec flex fuel
Haltech elite 2000
Haltech can hub
Haltech wide band
Haltech iq3 street dash
Haltech boost and display selector
All Haltech sensors throughout the build
Oil cooler
Power steering cooler
New gates timing kit
Turbo smart 1200 fpr
Cd009 box
Supra store billet adapter suited to run 2jz bell housing
Custom direct clutches 2 plate 5Puk unsprung clutch
Tilton concentric slave
Gktech relocated shifter
GTR driveshafts
Tomei traxx 1.5 way diff 4.1
Twin Walbro 450 in tank staged pumps
Plazman clamps all intercooler piping
K&N filters throughout
All aeroflow fittings and braided lines for basically every line
Golebys baffled sump kit
Complete custom mounts throughout

Tuned on flex U98-E85
Boost 13-24
Power settings vary from 300 to 470 rwkw

future mods
brakes, wheels & tyres (traction issues), new kit, color change, carbon bits

Joeh

Staff member
Reaction score
Website
www.silivaoc.com
Country
Instagram
@silviaownersclub
It looks amazing and sounds amazing too.

That’s over 600bhp in our terms!

Wheel wise, I would recommend some Volk Rays from their Forged range so you loose some unsprung weight, it would be good to measure the inner fender etc so you can potentially get a good wide setup on there and run a decent size tires without poking out, R888R are very good for holding that kind of power but I don’t know their availability in AU, also they do not provide much wet grip and are slightly noisy.

Looking forward to see what your next mods are :) maybe a sequential? :tape:

Reaction score
Country
Last week ordered a set of Enkei RS05RR wheels in the Gunmetal
18x9 +25 Front
18x10 +30 Rear
I know they are a conservative wheel but i'm hoping that I can get some sticky street tyres R888R's or Advan AD08R.
Haven't run into any heating issues since the change in Thermo fan setup but I'm predicting that summer may prove difficult so searching the forums now for what sort of cooling efficiency a carbon vented bonnet will offer.
The CD009 box setup is proving strong for the moment, hindsight I think I should of built it with a sequential but that's always the way

Joeh

Staff member
Reaction score
Website
www.silivaoc.com
Country
Instagram
@silviaownersclub
Last week ordered a set of Enkei RS05RR wheels in the Gunmetal
18x9 +25 Front
18x10 +30 Rear
I know they are a conservative wheel but i'm hoping that I can get some sticky street tyres R888R's or Advan AD08R.
Haven't run into any heating issues since the change in Thermo fan setup but I'm predicting that summer may prove difficult so searching the forums now for what sort of cooling efficiency a carbon vented bonnet will offer.
The CD009 box setup is proving strong for the moment, hindsight I think I should of built it with a sequential but that's always the way
Very interesting choice of wheels, had a friend running them on a wide body car. Are you sourcing them new from abroad? will you be running the R888 in stretch?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reaction score
Country
Rims are in, not super happy with the fitment in the rear so far. The car had a small crack in the subframe when I bought it, I had it stretched and welded but it's never been the same.
As you can see here the rear drivers side sits awfully close the the LCA.

Attachments

Joeh

Staff member
Reaction score
Website
www.silivaoc.com
Country
Instagram
@silviaownersclub
I've helped a friend with this kind of issue before, in the end it was solved by loosening all bolts for wishbones hub etc and then we pulled it as far out as we could and tightened it all up

Once that's done then the car will need another alignment. His car wouldn't align to correct spec before doing this but once we done this it actually aligned fine after.

You could also consider re-aligning the subframe if you think that it's not sitting in the correct position, or sitting more on one side than the other. I'm not sure if they make subframe collars for S15's but I know they exist for S2000's and other cars.

The only thing to mention here is that if you feel any wishbones are bent, then it would be worth doing a point to point measurement to see if you can see anything obvious.

Reaction score
Country
Yeah I might try that trick, it's going for an alignment in a week's time. The company only do alignments so might just have them do it all whilst it's up on the hoist and take some measurements as well.
Photos with wheels on with be coming in a week 👌