What's new

Ansch's ADM 2001 Spec R =Update 20/06/06=

A

Ansch

Ansch's ADM 2001 Spec R

Hi guys, :wave: Great forum!

I posted some images on the old forum but here are a couple of new ones from the first dyno run the car did over the weekend. Gotta love how easy it is for the s15's to pump out more power with minor mods! All I have is a k&n pod and the fbu. :eek: And I thought I'd be pretty happy if the car ran around 120rwkw. Happy for a 149rwkw at the end for a relative standard car at this time.

-==Updates Section ==-
19/9/2007
Just over two years since I got the car and still loving it. Quite a few things have happened with the car in the two years as well. Thought I'd do a "stock take" on the things I've done so far.

SPEC
2001 S15 Spec R (Australian)

Engine Parts:
- CES twin dump pipe + 3" exhaust
- K&N pod filter
- Bosch 040 fuel pump
- Greddy Profec B II boost controller set @12psi
- Greddy catch can
- Stock turbo (preload actuator with washers)
- Stock WMIC with water spray
- Modified standard BOV to remove the "built in leak"
- Remap standard ECU.

Wheels, Brakes & Suspension:
- Front strut brace
- Cusco rear strut brace
- Whiteline subframe align kit (pineapples), currently set to 'traction'
- Whiteline Sway bars
- Rear camber adjustment bushes
- Tuneagent caster tension rod
- Cusco master cylinder brace
- DBA 4000 slotted rotors
- Ferodos Formula brake pads
- Falken FK452 on stock rims (205/55 R16)
- Buddy Club P1 Racing
17x8 +32 Front
17x9 +37 Rear
Falken FK452 215/45 front and 245/40 rear

Interior:
- C's short shift kit
- Nismo GT shift knob in titanium
- Pivot gekko boost & oil pressure guage in Greddy A-pillar twin pod
- Pivot turbo timer

Exterior:
- Nismo smoked side indicator
- Added extra tail light bulb (For some reason, ADM only has the outside bulb in the tail light whereas the JDM's has two on each side.)
- Stock ADM spec R bodykit

Future Plans:
- HKS wastegate actuator
- FMIC
- Tein superstreet coilovers (aussie spec for aussie crap roads)

Last edited:

Topper

Flying Scotsman
Reaction score
Website
www.s15oc.com
Country
Hi mate, nice car. :thumbs: :nod:

Just noticed the twin pod on the A-piller, you got a bunch of gauges in there?? any interior shots??

A

Ansch

Hi Topper,

I got two pivot gekko gauges on the a pillar (boost and oil pressure). The pod is actually the Greddy pillar pod. It's meant for the R34 skylines but will fit on the S15 with minor triming. It's weird that Greddy don't make the pod for the S15 (only s13/ s14), but everyone I spoke to say that the R34 will fit and it did :)

I'll post some pics up later.

A

Ansch

Haven't been here for a while.. thought I'll post an update :D

Since the first dyno run, I discovered that the car had a stuffed wastegate. It was stuck open and hence boost really slowly and late. Got that fixed under warranty thank goodness and they replaced the exhaust housing.

Latest mod done are a CES turbo back exhaust and a boost controller. Running 12psi. The result is phenominal!

Looking for a fuel pump and a tune next. Still running stock IC at tha moment.

A

Ansch

Got a new toy for my car over the weekend. One of these :D

It was so simple to install only took me a hour or so to get it fitted. Setting it up was pretty easy too once I read the manual a couple of times. Boost comes on even faster than the ball and spring type mbc and holds boost very well. It's also good to have two modes, hi and lo, for different driving conditions. (three modes if you count turning it off and running off the actuator, aka. grandma mode, good for those rainy days when I don't want to be "drifting" everywhere :D)

much recommended ebc for the s15 :thumbs:

A

Ansch

What happened to the solenoid? Appearently the solenoid on these units are better than the one from avcr

Nicely

Moving on...
Founder of S15OC
Reaction score
Website
www.jull.net
Country
I think it couldn't decide if it was open or shut. A replacment solenoid is nearly as much as the entire EBC... :eek:

Topper

Flying Scotsman
Reaction score
Website
www.s15oc.com
Country
Make sure you get it setup correctly, i think part of the reason mine is nackered was because i didnt, and once i did the valve started clicking open and shut, which is the 1st signs that i needs replacing :rolleyes:
The best quote i have had so far for a replacment is ?140 :eek: a new complete unit from Greenline is ?160 :rolleyes:

They are meant to be better than AVCR :nod: but they can still be broken :p

A

Ansch

interesting... welll so far so good on mine. *fingers crossed* :indiff:

When you say setup correctly, you mean install correctly or the actual settings on the unit? It got me when I was installing the solenoid because there are three ports NC, NO, and COM. COM goes to the actuator and NO and NC is the input depending on whether you have internal gate or external. And I wasn't sure but the manual said to remove ALL the plastic caps so I did.