What's new

Ansch's ADM 2001 Spec R =Update 20/06/06=

Topper

Flying Scotsman
Reaction score
Website
www.s15oc.com
Country
The installation is fine, you cant really mess it up as its pretty straight forward. the actual setup of the unit is not so easy, once you see how its done its fairly easy to follow, but i would get someone who knows what there doing to set it up :nod:

Topper

Flying Scotsman
Reaction score
Website
www.s15oc.com
Country
I tried to read that but got lost/bored half way through, so looked for settings others had used as a guide....... seems they may have been wrong too :rolleyes:

A

Ansch

Went for a drive up a twisty hill run last weekend and the brakes are really letting me down. Shaking steering wheel when going into a corner under brakes is not much fun :mad:

So tomorrow, I'll be fitting these on the front

:D and a set of ferodo formula TS2000.

A

Ansch

yes.. never paid the brakes any attention except for a fluid change since I bought the car. No idea what pads it's running but the rotor has a slight lip at the edge. So I was only going to get the pads but then thought what the hell since I'll need to get the rotor machined anyway and I'd need new ones soon eventually... how is my excuse-itus logic going so far? :D

P

paulphot

Ansch, those are nice pads, I've been running them for about 20,000km now and haven't had a problem although they get a bit squeely, I need to give the car a good strong brake application to de'glaze them, slotted rotor would definately help. I also put Motul dot5 fluid in which reduced fade as well. :thumbs:

A

Ansch

thanks... yes they're great! Much improvement to the standard nissan pads. I'm still running the rotor in gently but it already pull up the car nicely with much more pedal feel. The pads are great, no noise yet but I think most performance pads will squeel if they're not pushed hard once in a while. It's also very dusty but that again is expected. Also changed the fluid to Motul RBF600. Now I can think about hitting the track sometime :D

Topper

Flying Scotsman
Reaction score
Website
www.s15oc.com
Country
Notice any increased noise from the rotors :confused: heard with slotted disks you get more noise when braking.

A

Ansch

no, don't notice any more noise from the new rotors. They're quiet compare to the old ones but then they were rooted. I'll post an update if it changes after a bit of running in. Haven't really pushed them hard yet.

A

Ansch

grrrr... :rant:

I drove a s15 with the R33 GTR brembos + rotor and it was awesome.. normal driving would only require a brush of the brakes to pull up :D

Nicely

Moving on...
Founder of S15OC
Reaction score
Website
www.jull.net
Country
I remember the first time I fitted mine, along with braided lines and DOT5 fluid. Hit ABS using normal braking pressure :p The rest of the parts for my Z32 rear conversion arrived yesterday. Coupled with Z32 BMC, that's going to be mental...

Y

yewei

Make sure you get it setup correctly, i think part of the reason mine is nackered was because i didnt, and once i did the valve started clicking open and shut, which is the 1st signs that i needs replacing :rolleyes:
The best quote i have had so far for a replacment is ?140 :eek: a new complete unit from Greenline is ?160 :rolleyes:

They are meant to be better than AVCR :nod: but they can still be broken :p
topper, when u said clicking. did u mean tat it makes fast clicking noise? n how does the boost feel like when the clicking noise comes in? bcos mine make a clicking noise too, machenic says it due to the absence of the rubber support for the valve to which it's screw onto between the chassis n valve. or is mine jus simply broken?