What's new

Bringing another one back from the dead ....

C

Chris@LK

Hi All,

My first post here but I've been lurking for a while :)

My lil brother Martin already has a pair of Spec R's One for road & one for drift so when my business partner Tom & myself were given the opportunity to buy a damaged S15, we thought it was about time for a new project so with our S14 drifter now sold I thought I'd post up a thread with our new waste of time ....

This is the car before we got to see it (I'm sure someone will recognise it ;) )

Then following a fateful encounter with something that doesn't move ....

Then it arrived at our workshop ...

Time to inspect the damage a little further ....

As you can see above the o/s/f chassis leg & flitch are waaaay back (approx 8 inches) so it was onto the dozer to pull it foward as far as possible

Once pulled as far as poss Tom set about removing the section that's beyond repair

(you can tell he loves playing with the toys)

C

Chris@LK

That man Tom then set off to Mitch's to cut off a leg & flitch from an S14 he conveniently had lying around

Once shot blasted it's ready for the car, then it's lots of measuring, remeasuring & some more measuring to check everythings straight

Thanks to Mick at Autocross for his awesome welding skills :worthy:

After a little prep & sealer

On with the front panel

And a trial fit of the wings, headlamps & bonnet (which line up lovely :) )

C

Chris@LK

Obviously it's going to be a drifter so it's out with the sound deadening ...

The S15 is an absolute bugger to get the sound deadening out of .... so we called for back up the shape of Christian from our Harefield workshop (thanks mate ;) )

And finally with the rear parcel shelf removed this morning it went next door to Autocross for the cage to be fitted ...

So that's how far we are to date & now finally we'll be on to the good stuff soon :)

Reaction score
Country
What a shame it got busted up like that, looked like a real minter before the accident :(

Wasnt that car owned by someone on here ? Im sure i saw it advertised on Piston Heads a few months ago ?

Looks like a good job done on the repair though, hat off to you!

Reaction score
i know that it was originally sold by Charlie at pro-drift.

That was one that was in stock when i got mine! less than 12months in the country in one piece... gutting. Nice to see it's not been slayed to complete salvage though!

I know you say it's going to be a drifter, but, would you be able to have it put back on the road if you wanted to? as in, getting it reg'd after insurance write off etc. Cause that damage looks fairly substancial, but i guess it's non-structual???

Awesome either way! :)

J

j0nbubz

nice man..!!

Noticed you previously had aero front + fogs + fmic.. how did u do it? and which fmic?

C

Chris@LK

What a shame it got busted up like that, looked like a real minter before the accident :(

Wasnt that car owned by someone on here ? Im sure i saw it advertised on Piston Heads a few months ago ?
Yes that's the same one, it was such a lovely car we couldn't let it go of to that great car park in the sky just yet :)

I know you say it's going to be a drifter, but, would you be able to have it put back on the road if you wanted to? as in, getting it reg'd after insurance write off etc. Cause that damage looks fairly substancial, but i guess it's non-structual???
It'll be road legal again, we'll have a VIC test done to prove it's roadworthyness & we've carried out the work to a standard that would've been done if it had happened to a new car. Yes the damage was structural but anything can be repaired, it's normally just cost that dictates whether is viable or not.

sushiming

🔥 Contributing Member 🔥
Reaction score
Website
www.s15oc.com
Country
well done chris u guys have once again saved and lovely S15 :thumbs:
keep us updated with ur work

LuPix_S15

Banned Toyota Lover
Reaction score
Website
www.lupix.co.uk
Country
Wasn't that the car owned by Paul Tsang?

Once you've fixed it, you might want to look into det/fuelling issues with the engine lol... ;):D

Seem to remember Paul taking it to Abbey and having a tiff with some people on here about the advice he was given. Claimed to have fixed all the problems but then wanted to sell the car a few weeks later??

Good job BTW :thumbs:

C

Chris@LK

That's the car :)

& yes it'll be set up properly before it's used as it'll have a few new bits on by then

Yakozan

Sweedish Chef
🔥 Contributing Member 🔥
Reaction score
Website
www.s15oc.com
Country
nice work :thumbs:
How nice of you to keep all those S15 from the grave.

Have Littleknocks ever considered importing crashed S15s from Japan, fix them and then sell them?

I think crashed S15s are cheap in Japan and I'm not sure but I think that the taxes are lower if you import it as scrap or something.

Would be a bit of a gamble though as it's hard to see how much damage the car has unless going to Japan and look for yourself.

Reaction score
Wasn't that the car owned by Paul Tsang?

Once you've fixed it, you might want to look into det/fuelling issues with the engine lol... ;):D

Seem to remember Paul taking it to Abbey and having a tiff with some people on here about the advice he was given. Claimed to have fixed all the problems but then wanted to sell the car a few weeks later??

Good job BTW :thumbs:

Think ur right initial D did it not have an aftermarket ecu in it or something from japan!