What's new

Ryan's 2001 S15 ADM

R

RyanNK

I bought my first S15 in January '05. Its a 2001 S15 ADM Spec S, pewter in colour.

Mods:

- Blitz POD filter
- 3" xforce turbo back exhaust with dump pipe
- Autometer boost gauge with A pillar mount
- Blitz full automatic turbo timer
- 18" Advanti Stalkers with Goodyear Eagle F1 235/40 rubber

Update 1: 18" rims

Last edited:
R

RyanNK

Yakozan said:
Looks brand new :thumbs:
You seem to have alot of work ahead of you fitting all those parts :)
Indeed, although im loosing my job in 2 weeks time and instead of shopping for a new one im going to take an extended christmas break and will spend it getting the car fixed up and mods installed.

:wave: << Love that emoticon..the hand is bigger than its head :thumbs:

R

RyanNK

Well well its been a good year or two since my last update (18" rims) but I finally bit the bullet and spent a few $$$ on the S15 before the mortgage begins on a recently purchased block of land!

Greddy M-Spec FMIC with slight front bar modifications

Battery shifted to make way for the new bling pipes

She now handles like she running on rails thanks to some new Tein Super Street coilovers (AUS Spec)

And sits around 15mm lower

:):):):)

D

david

How come ur steering wheel is not leather or does the adm model not have one in leather? nice clean car tho!

meddler

It's not easy being a green text speak nazi
Staff member
Reaction score
Country
ADM's didn't come with a leather steering wheel.

Darren_S15

Club Event Orgainser
Reaction score
Country
Looks to be in awesome condition :thumbs:

Looks so strange to see a 200SX badge on the back on an S15 though :rotfl:

R

RyanNK

End of an era.

Well it has been 4 years and 7 months since I purchased my first S15. I have loved every moment owning and driving it as my daily driver. But as the saying goes, all good things must come to an end. Or do they? For a few months I have been trolling car advertisements for my next "whip" and on the weekend I finally found it. It all happened so fast as I found the car on Friday, took it for a test drive on Saturday, signed on the dotted line and drove it home on Tuesday.

Here it is, a black 2007 Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution IX with the performance pack.

I still have the Silvia as I have a mate who is in to photography who is going to take some photos of both cars before I try and sell it.

Darren_S15

Club Event Orgainser
Reaction score
Country
I guess we all have to get a sensible family car one day :p

Nice choice though :thumbs:

meddler

Staff member
Reaction score
Country
It would be interesting to see what your impressions are on the difference between the two. I did look at an EVO before I bought mine.

R

RyanNK

The performance of the bog stock EVO IX blows the 200 out of the water (not forgetting that my S15 is ADM which means it comes with a slightly different tune putting out only 147kw stock where the EVO is just over 200kw).

Handling - I spent $2000 on coils to make the S15 sit and handle well and it still doesn't come close to the EVO IX. Obviously the AWD plays a big part in this but I will certainly miss getting the S15 sideways around corners with ease.

Interior - Other than the Recaros the S15 ****s all over the EVO. They certainly know how to make performance cars but their dashes look and feel like cheap nasty ****.

Overall - I would buy both cars again. Both look sexy, both drive well and perform completely different so you can't compare them. The EVO is definitely an upgrade with a price tag to match.

meddler

Staff member
Reaction score
Country
I still think an evo could be a logical upgrade for me in the future. That is unless Nissan decide to do the S16.