What's new

Paul2x Spec-R Project

A

Ansch

Awesome car. Clean and no fuss but looks the good. I like the detail in the engine bay. What's the finish on the engine cover and cooler pipes? It's not just matt black with with a grain to it.

S

sillbeers15

Paul2x,

Great to see that U have discarted yr rear seats.

I folded my rear seat down and used a pair of red larguage stripe to hold the rear seat back piece down for good, I choose red stripe as I have installed a pair of red Recaros for the front.

I would have love to discart the rear seats if not for fear that our local authorities might give me problems for not installing them if and when I do get pull over on the road.

P

Paul2x

Thanks for all the comments guys

Latest UpDAte:

New Track wheels and Aero front Bar... Take a look :cool:

:thumbs:

Stay Tuned

Last edited:
S

S1Five

damn that looks hot RE30!!!

thats a very aggreesive offset on the fronts but looks good

thinkg i hav to get them too for track now! wot size are the wheels?

P

Paul2x

damn that looks hot RE30!!!

thats a very aggreesive offset on the fronts but looks good

thinkg i hav to get them too for track now! wot size are the wheels?
Thanks for the comments Guys,

Not the Volks , they are Enkei RPF1's

Front: 17x9
Rear : 17x9.5

right now in street trim (street tires) , b/c I have my R-comp' tires on another set of wheels and the R-comps won't clear until my new front fenders come in.

Had to rock the aggressive offset up front to get the "concave" face up front, but it's only way to run them IMO. =)

Running 255/35/17 Nitto NT01's Front and Rear, mabye 265 in the Rear if I can.

I wanted the same set-up "MCR" uses on their shop S15.

I contacted them , then made a few changes to their set-up and their you have it. =). :thumbs:

P

Paul2x

Thanks guys,

Like mentioned, these will be my track wheels mainly b/c their really light for the price.
I threw them on the scales too before i mounted them.

Front : 16.2 lbs
Rear : 16.5 lbs

Thanks again for the kind words.

Stay Tuned, More to Come :)

:thumbs:

-P

Topper

Flying Scotsman
Reaction score
Website
www.s15oc.com
Country
Do you know the sizes and offsets of the MCR wheels?

They sit perfect IMO - Although are running a fair bit of camber i imagine.

P

Paul2x

Yes i do.

They run 17x9.5 +38 front and rear

with a 20mm front spacer and 25mm over fender up front

with 255's on all 4 corners.

This is the exact set-up I did but, I'm not a big fan of running such a large spacer. Also MCR uses Tein racing damper w/ remote resovior so the damper body itself is narrower than a conventional style damper thus giving them more inner clearance.
I tried the 9.5 +38 up front with an even larger 25mm spacer (20mm won't work w/ regular damper) with my Ohlins dampers and had only 1-2mm of clearance from the wheel to the damper...which i didn't like

Thats why I did the 9 up front b/c a 17x9 +22 still gives you the Nice looking "Concave" face up front and with a 15mm spacer comes out only 1mm less than the 9.5 and gives me much more clearance on the inside by the damper. A better fit IMO. and a lighter wheel

And with my 20mm fenders it fits perfectly flush just like the MCR car and u can still run 255's on all 4 tires

Only down side, is MCR's set-up u can rotate wheels front to back if needed....but i got 2 sets so i'm good :thumbs:

Hope that helps ya out...

I'll post some new pic's as soon as i get my fenders and new rubber on

-Paul :D

Paul2x
Front : 17x9 +22 w/ 15mm spacer and 20mm over fender
Rear : 17x9.5 +38
Tires: 255/35/17 front and rear

MCR
Front : 17x9.5 +38 w/ 20mm spacer and 25mm over fender
Rear : 17x9.5 +38
Tires : 255/35/17

Do you know the sizes and offsets of the MCR wheels?

They sit perfect IMO - Although are running a fair bit of camber i imagine.

Last edited:
P

Paul2x

With the cooler piping, is this just powder coated?
Yeah, Wrinkle Black coating on Both pipes and valve cover

I believe actuall color name is Harley Davidson "Night Train Black"

Last edited:
N

neosilvia

Paul,

Beautiful car. Very nicely done. You are right, these do make a wonderful track car, but I have to ask, seeing as how you are in California, how did you pull it off to make a street car of it. I debated doing this, but did not see a way, unless I called it a 98 200SX to get in registered on the road here. Too late for me to do it now with what has been done to my car but I was just curious. If there is a way, I am going to be looking for another one to drive on the street and selling the Land Cruiser.
What do you think of the Ohlins coilovers. I am about 90% towards doing a full JIC setup next week. The Tein Flex I have installed now along with the stock suspension components are giving me too much roll.

P

Paul2x

Neo' ,

Thanks for the complement as far as the dampers go, I love the Ohlins, Mine were actually set-up by Garage Saurus Japan w/ their own spring rates and valving.
JIC's are nice too, while they last. My last set of JIC's lasted 6 months before the seals blew on 3 of the 4 dampers on one of my other cars, and I know others who have had this same problem so until they work that out i'd stay away. But for the 6 months that they did last they were GREAT. Also depends on what your doing w/ the car and how u drive.

I have my Ohlins set-up quite soft in terms of high performace dampers but for what i do w/ the car it's perfect, so mainly comes down to what's your budget, what your plans are for the car , and what kind of ride u like.

All good brands, but i'm a strong belever that u get what u pay for.

In terms of a another 15' for your street car, that's really up to u. Their are a handfull of people now that i've heard are bringing cars in but might be more of a headach than it's worth w/ CA emissions and what not, your call really.

Good luck

Looks really hot, damnit I need to find someone down here in Melbourne to do it for me.
I'm sure u can, Most powder coating places have "Wrinkel black" and "Texture black" Mine is more like "Texture black"

I even had some places tell me they wouldn't do the "Texture" only the "wrinkel" b/c it's a harder process.

look around i'm sure you'll find someone. :thumbs:

Topper! :wave: u going to join the Enkei club..LOL

sure sound's like it

Last edited:

SR2O

Reaction score
How durable is the powder coating considering the heat produced? I don't want to do it if it will be something that will look crap after a couple months.