What's new

12 point roll cage installation

N

neosilvia

i'm liking your cage.

do you have any pics of the structure beneath the drivers seat?
- especially the beam that the front of the drivers seat is mounted to?
Will post more pictures as the job progresses. Sorry but the car is sitting about 4 hours away from me so it is not easy to get pictures. Once I get it back, I can post pictures of the area you are looking for.

N

neosilvia

Finally got back down to see it today. Estimated completion is next weekend, and I am back on the track finally first week of October. Pics of progress:

Topper

Flying Scotsman
Reaction score
Website
www.s15oc.com
Country
Cage connects through to the top of the strut... is that normal? DOnt think i've seen that before, good work :thumbs:

Car is looking good mate :)

N

neosilvia

Cage connects through to the top of the strut... is that normal? DOnt think i've seen that before, good work :thumbs:

Car is looking good mate :)
Thank you. Sorry I am so slow at posting, things have been very busy for me here.
The idea with the roll cage to the top of the strut is chassis rigidity and, if I smack into a wall, or other car, and get front end damage, it's easier to fix. That is, as long as it's not a head on collision with the wall. The car is amazingly rigid now between the roll cage and the JIC suspension goodies. New wheels, Enkei RPF1 are coming in this week. 18x8.5+30 front 18x9.5+38 rear. I am fitting them with Hankook Ventus Z214, 245 35 up front, 275 35 rear. I also am replacing the stock steering column now with a longer, collapsible one so I can move the seat position back a little more, and installing a Tilton pedal set, with separate reservoirs for front and back and a bias adjuster that allows you to adjust front/rear braking bias on the fly. After all this, I finally get the car back on the track this weekend at Buttonwillow. Can't wait.