LuPix's Track & Drift Project

LuPix_S15

Banned Toyota Lover
Reaction score
Website
www.lupix.co.uk
Country
Hi everyone :wave:

Decided to wash the car again today. Since it was dry for a few hours, I took the chance to take some more photos. I'm still learning as I only got my Nikon Digital SLR last December. I've noticed car pics seem to come out better at wider angles - was using too much zoom on previous pics taken.

Anyways, car wise nothing dramatic so far. The Kakimoto exhaust got taken off because it was too loud (especially on motorway journeys) and I decided to go for the HKS Silent Hi-Power. Can actually hear myself think now :D. Also good to hear some music/radio in the car.

Got a matt, black sun visor fitted as well. Koni shock absorbers have replaced OEM items so ride quality and handling has much improved - old ones were well worn out.

And just for Topper, I lowered the side sections where the Trust front lip mounts the original front bumper so it looks more flush ;)

James :)

G

gunner93

Did you maintain stock springs? So ride height no change? What Koni shocks are you using?

LuPix_S15

Banned Toyota Lover
Reaction score
Website
www.lupix.co.uk
Country
Did you maintain stock springs? So ride height no change? What Koni shocks are you using?
Yes mate - kept the stock springs cos they were ok (condition wise). I'm trying to look for lowering coils which only lower the car slightly but so far no joy. Eibach do lowering coils for the Silvia but looking at anything up to -40mm which is way too low.

Chris (my mechanic) gets Bilstein to make custom sets for the Supra but because they are popular, the prices aren't so bad. He said if I wanted custom coils for the Silvia then I'm probably looking at ?600+ for a one-off special order!! :rolleyes:

What he's suggesting now is to keep the stock coils and maybe lower the spring seat by re-welding etc. Sounds like a good plan but I might leave this until next year.

Don't know what exact Koni items they are but I can find out.

LuPix_S15

Banned Toyota Lover
Reaction score
Website
www.lupix.co.uk
Country
Needs HIDs :p
My sentiments exactly - hate the yellow glow from standard bulbs!

However, I don't want to get the cheaper HID kits because of the all the messing round with ballast potentially blowing etc.

Bellof HID's look sweet (and of good quality) but starting at ?300+ from Nengun, I want to invest in other mods at the mo.

So it looks like Phillips Blue Vision (cheap imitations :D) will have to suffice...

Nicely

Moving on...
Founder of S15OC
Reaction score
Website
www.jull.net
Country
The problems people have are related directly to them using the supplied blade connectors. If you solder connections, there are not problems :) Never had a problem with my McCulloch HIDs since I did this. You also need to make sure the kit comes with an uprated loom, or you'll be asking for trouble. Vision Bulbs' kits all have these.

Reaction score
Country
I had blue vision before they blown like about every month and there not exactly cheap for a bulb. Money is better spent on HID kit has not blown with one years use.

Topper

Flying Scotsman
Reaction score
Website
www.s15oc.com
Country
Some good picture mate :thumbs:

Need to get my HID's fitted, just not very confident in wiring it all up.

LuPix_S15

Banned Toyota Lover
Reaction score
Website
www.lupix.co.uk
Country
The problems people have are related directly to them using the supplied blade connectors. If you solder connections, there are not problems :) Never had a problem with my McCulloch HIDs since I did this. You also need to make sure the kit comes with an uprated loom, or you'll be asking for trouble. Vision Bulbs' kits all have these.
Thanks for the advice buddy :thumbs:

LuPix_S15

Banned Toyota Lover
Reaction score
Website
www.lupix.co.uk
Country
Thanks for all the pos feeback and messages of advice.

This is such a great site with a wealth of knowledge on offer - long live S15OC!! :notworthy:

BTW - full spec list (although not very much of it at the moment) has been updated on the first post of this thread.

Just to give you an idea of what's being planned for this little baby of mine:

2007/2008 - general dress up mods + bits and pieces here and there. This will include oil cap, rad cap, better light bulbs, PIAA wiper blades and maybe window tints. Nismo GT gear knob has arrived today so getting that on the car as soon as.

Just ordered a load of Zymol cleaning products so looking forward to some good weather and getting that Titanium wax onto the car.

May also consider getting the car lowered by asking Chris to lower the spring seats on the suspension.

Late 2008 - new set of Jap wheels. Out in the lead so far is the WedsSport SA-70 (bronze). Also temped by 5Zigen Pro Racer GN+ (bronze).

Might try to fit in my first trip to the Nurburgring. Hopefully my mate who has just sold his Supra is going to have his planned import RX-7 ready to come along as well. Anyone else on S15OC interested?

2010 - I know this is a long, long way off but my intention has always been to do the big jobs last and try to do it all in one go. Chris is quite enthusiastic about getting more power out of the car.

Looking at new turbo (HKS GT-RS looks tasty and ripping idea off Mr Tsang :D), V-mount, Z32, fuel-pump, 740cc injectors, catch-tank, APEXi PFC + Boost Controller, Trust exhaust mani, turbo elbow, front pipe, decat and various other bits and pieces I have missed off. Looking to get the car to ~350bhp @ fly.

I can hear my wallet crying already... :wack:

Yakozan

Sweedish Chef
🔥 Contributing Member 🔥
Reaction score
Website
www.s15oc.com
Country
Once you pop, you can't stop.

I was aiming for just light engine mods the first couple of years.
Just happened to buy all that stuff by accident :wack:

I just hope that I don't start doing it to the Skyline too.
Just bought Nismo carbon pillar garnish for it. That will have to do. Maybe an apexi filter too. While I'm at it, might get an FMIC and the rest of the exhaust. Then a boost controller to make use of the new mods. Needs a new turbo to be able to boost higher too. A new turbo means new injectors and a new ECU. So I better get these too etc etc etc.

And so it keep on going untill you're dead, or forced to sell the car :D

Edit: and it's usually in a pretty short timeframe too. :)

LuPix_S15

Banned Toyota Lover
Reaction score
Website
www.lupix.co.uk
Country
Wow, that's pacing yourself! Most people would be looking to do that within the first six months... :p
I know... getting the car has been a dream come true. Getting it to 350bhp+ would be a dream within a dream come true??!! :wack:

Got two little boys who keep me, my missus and the wallet busy. If I do all the engine mods now, there'll be no food on the table... :D

Anyway, with all the other various interests I have (photography, sport etc) I have to balance things a bit although I must say the car and planned mods are gonna take 99.99% of my income.

Also, the missus wants a BMW 5 series again 'since I have my totally impractical, little sports car to try and pull the laydeees...' so that comes into play next year.

Modding is ADDICTIVE and way more expensive than a cocaine habit (just a joke - I'm not into those kinda things).

And so it keep on going untill you're dead, or forced to sell the car :D
This is the first car I've owned which I'm actually vowing to keep indefinitely. Can't think of any other car I'd rather own within the same price range.

So instead of changing my car after 3/4 years, I'm looking to keep this for a long, long time. The money that I would spend on the next car is going into mods hence the pacing out and the 'all in one go' approach.

Also, I should save on ECU re-map costs if I get the whole lot done at the same time!

LuPix_S15

Banned Toyota Lover
Reaction score
Website
www.lupix.co.uk
Country
Ok - just a couple of small things...

First is the little personalisation of my S15:

Second is that the Nismo GT shift knob arrived this morning. With a bit of sound advice from Nicely and Yako, I managed to work out how to remove the original item and put on the replacement knob:

As usual with these Jap aftermarket stuff, there's a nice little surprise - a cool looking sticker with the added Nismo touch:

The modding fun has really started!

:D

sushiming

🔥 Contributing Member 🔥
Reaction score
Website
www.s15oc.com
Country
i got the same HID as nicely works a treat no probs at all...
well its true once u start u cant stop its just too hard iam poor because i have the car but i wont let it go either......:D