What's new

Mitch's drift ride

M

mitch

Will do, once there are some decent pics with wheels fitted. The advans are off tomorrow.

M

mitch

Well, I doubt they'll be fitted, but I'm getting on to them next. Rear coilovers are now on, and the car is sitting a lot better. I'll get some pics over the weekend.

Does anyone have the wiring info to put an S14 SR20DET and loom and ECU in? Can't be that much to get it going...:D

Last edited:
M

mitch

Spot of arch rolling...

The cuscos prior to fitting

New shiny Kaaz 2 way diff

Martin (LK Drifter) painting the wings and bumper. Cheers mate...

And front bumper fitted. Excuse rear wheels, I'm off drifting tomorrow:D

P

Paddy mack

New shiny Kaaz 2 way diff

did you have set up back lash etc or was it a case or remove open and drop in kazz? is this a job for a pro or could a dummy like me do it

M

mitch

No, kept all the original shims and it dropped straight in. No dramas at all, this one...

Went drifting yesterday, and was very disappointed. No power, no handbrake, lots of understeer. It got a bit better as I tried to drive round the problems, and they are all things to be addressed soon enough.

One of the first jobs I need to do is free of charge but I'm dreading the most. The amount of dynamat sound deadening in this car is unreal, and the gooey ****e backing the metal foil all needs to come off. It's in the boot floor up to the shelf, rear quarters, doors, parcel shelf....I'm not looking forward to lifting any piece of carpet as I'm bound to find more. Then once that's all off, I have to strip out the original sound deadening that Nissan put there :D

M

mitch

Cheers mate. Here it is with the ultralites fitted. The fronts needed a small spacer to clear the coilovers, but I'm thinking of putting the other dished pair on the front to match the rears, and get the centres painted gold. As a daily drive I wanted it to look tidy, so engine hasn't been started yet.​

J

j@garagemac

cars looking pimp mitch i gotta say a little sex wee dribled out :smitten:

Nicely

Moving on...
Founder of S15OC
Reaction score
Website
www.jull.net
Country
Mitch, did you have money you needed to get rid of quick before the IR caught up with you or something...? :p

M

mitch

Nah, just sold the 180 so had to use the money before the house purchase swallowed up the rest:D You'll get used to the difference in speed...I'm just not a huge fan of those long drawn out projects that don't get used.

Cheers J, I'll be over to see you with it for your setup skills soon :)

Topper

Flying Scotsman
Reaction score
Website
www.s15oc.com
Country
Looking good mate, did you not have wider front wings for it?

What sizes and offset are the wheels?

M

mitch

I do, mate. I just didn't have time to put them on yet, as I was in a rush to go drifting.

I have 9.5X18ET35 and 8.5X18ET30, but I have another pair of 9.5's which I may put on the front with the wide wings.

Went to enquire about a cage today. If the people that say they want them come through, it'll be going in on the 29th :)

M

mitch

Anyway, update time. I've been pootling around in the car and starting to sort the SR20DET conversion out, but have been held up as the main bearings are bollocksed...oh well.

Oooh, spaghetti....

Been removing some of this...

M

mitch

Massive thanks to Max (V-Max) for driving over today to lend me the security torx tool for the passenger's airbag. I had got some of them off but a couple of recessed ones were being a right royal pain.

Cheers mate, you saved me a lot of work :)

M

mitch

I had a result yesterday, as a mate had some new main bearings for his upcoming engine build and he let me buy them, so the engine is now built. I just need to fit the manifolds and ancillaries now, but the car was dropped off for a cage this morning so I have two weeks without it anyway. Just in time for the house move, so that ties in nicely.

Also yesterday, I removed about half of the interior sound deadening material, which is a bit of a mission in itself:D

No new pics, as I was a bit busy...

M

mitch

Here are the cage pics at last. Basic enough that I can fit the spare rims in the back, but sturdy enough to make the regs :)

Consoled myself having no car by getting Pyro Pete to sort my race suit out while it was unemployed...​

Top job​

However, the engine is nearly ready for installation now, I just need a couple more bits fitting to it and then drop it in this week. This is the slowest project ever :(

Salvaged a part off the DE engine to replace this...

That's better....