What's new

Mitch's drift ride

M

mitch

It went back on straight after. Couple of cracks and scuffs but not too bad, and I have a new spare for best :D

Topper

Flying Scotsman
Reaction score
Website
www.s15oc.com
Country
Those be some good picture mate :thumbs:

How did it fall off? Mounts break?

You thinking of selling her?

M

mitch

No, the mounts didn't break as I used cable ties specifically for this reason. I use one at each wing and one at each light mount, and it holds the bumper on fine.

I clipped a barrier and the ties broke, releasing the bumper. There are a couple of cracks on the bumper, but nothing that can't easily be repaired.

I've been thinking of selling it for a while, as it's a lot of money to have invested in a hobby when I have a new mortgage to pay. It's advertised on SXOC and Driftworks, but not on here as yet.

S

superbike81

Ok, old thread, but hoping to get some info.

Was your motor a redtop S13 motor? Or a S14 blacktop?

What was involved with custom wiring the harness?

M

mitch

It was an S14 blacktop with VVT. I used the S14 loom and ECU, coupled with bags of help from the superb John Bennett on SXOC and lots of head scratching. I lost the ABS and speedo functions, and would probably try adapting the S15 loom if I was to do it again.

Apologies for the late replies to the guys that asked for info on the swap, but this is the first time I've been on since March.

S

superbike81

You didn't go into too much detail on the tranmission swap. I am going to do it at the same time as my motor swap and am trying to put together a parts list.

S14 5-spd mission
S14 Clutch Pedal
S14 Brake Pedal
Clutch Lines (can these be from a 14?)
Master Cylinder (what cars can this come from?)
Slave Cylinder (same question)
Clutch
Flywheel
Pilot Bearing

Any other parts you can think of?

Also, I'm going to be using an S15 turbo motor and ECU, so I shouldn't need to bother with any issues with the speed sensor right?

M

mitch

S14 propshaft and S14 cylinders. Not sure on the speedo thing, but sounds as though it should work if you keep the ABS

Sorry for the slow reply, I haven't been on here for 2 months.

Reaction score
Country
Interesting to revisit my first S15. Brought back a lot of memories :)