What's new

Jay's Nissan Silvia S15 Spec-R

Reaction score
So, already made a welcome post but now going to start a build thread. Not much has happened since ownership and this won't be a quickly updated thread. I will include some pictures of before ownership and also after a good cleaning session.

I first wanted an S15 about 6 years ago and I got to test drive one at SVA imports in Dover around 3 years ago. Since then I have debating getting one. Saw a post last year with one that might be up for sale and in April this year I thought oh let's do it. Made the plans to go and collect (mothers day of all days!) A friend helped me out by driving me from Ramsgate to Preston starting our journey at 4am.

I remember the feeling going out in the car as a passenger and the drive home felt amazing. My heart was beating so fast with excitement! I will include the modifications list (sale ad) so everyone can see what it came with.

Engine
Horsham Developments Custom Remap (remapped to approx. 315bhp 320 lb/ft torque at 1.2bar on super unleaded fuel)
Apex Performance Front Mounted Intercooler (FMIC)
Splitfire Coilpacks
Nismo 740cc Injectors
HKS Adjustable Actuator
NGK BCPR7ES Plugs
Nissan 300ZX (Z32) AFM
Walbro Fuel Pump
HKS SSQV BOV

Intake & Exhaust
Apexi Air Intake Kit
Apex Performance 3” Downpipe
Apex Performance 3” Decat Pipe
RSR JASMA Certified Cat Back Exhaust System (3” bore)

Interior & Electronics
Very Rare Original Leather Seats (inc matching leather door cards)
Blitz SBC i-Color Electronic Boost Controller (set to 1.1bar)
Racelogic Traction Control with Launch Control (including Digital Adjuster)
Alpine MP3 CD Stereo (with USB port & 30 pin iPod connection)
Vibe Active 10" Subwoofer

Lighting
HID 6000K Light Conversion
LED Sidelights
LED Number Plate Lights

Suspension
KYB AGX Adjustable Shocks on standard S15 springs
Apex Performance Front Strut Brace
Whiteline Adjustable Anti-Roll Bars
Whiteline Subframe Locking Bushes
Whiteline Tie Rods

Braking & Transmission
Mitsubishi EVO IX Brembo Front Brake Conversion (330mm discs)
EBC Red Stuff Pads Front & Rear
Braided Brake Lines
Exedy Organic Clutch Kit
Braided Clutch Line

Exterior & Wheels
OEM Ducktail Bootlid Spoiler
De-Badged Rear
Small Number Plate on Front Bumper
Rota Torque Wheels (bronze) 8J Front & 9J Rear
Goodyear Eagle F1 Asymmetricals Front
Goodyear Eagle F1 GSD3’s On Rear

Security
Toad Security Sterling One Cat 1 Alarm System

Some pictures before purchase ..

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

Reaction score
After a cleaning session and polish. Wanted to get some of the forgotten parts of the car too.

Reaction score
Then came a much needed service.

My friend was kind enough to get some pictures of the underneath too.

Reaction score
Country
Car's looking good! I like those Nismo spoilers.

Perhaps when you get an afternoon free re-wire the rear foglight into one of the reverse lights and get rid of the caravan foglight stuck on the bottom?

That white/black interior looks pretty classy haha!

Reaction score
Car's looking good! I like those Nismo spoilers.

Perhaps when you get an afternoon free re-wire the rear foglight into one of the reverse lights and get rid of the caravan foglight stuck on the bottom?

That white/black interior looks pretty classy haha!
Thanks man! Yeah just need some DMAX or Yashio rear lights.

Oh definitely. Car is being stored underground from end of October so going to do that one weekend amongst other little bits!

My dash is going to look pretty much along those lines except by gear surround is staying chrome & I'm not yet sure what double din to go for?

Reaction score
Country
Thanks man! Yeah just need some DMAX or Yashio rear lights.

Oh definitely. Car is being stored underground from end of October so going to do that one weekend amongst other little bits!

My dash is going to look pretty much along those lines except by gear surround is staying chrome & I'm not yet sure what double din to go for?

DMAX ones are nice. Mind you most of the aftermarket lights for these are pretty similar.

Underground eh? Mine has to brave the outdoors all year round haha!

I think that's a Qashqai headunit used in the photo of the white/black interior. Supposedly if you fiddle with the wiring and work out the controls you can get the DAB, sat nav, hands free etc to work. There's a thread on here somewhere about headunits and the Qashqai one is spoken about in there. It doesn't look bad to be honest - kind of suits it.

Reaction score
DMAX ones are nice. Mind you most of the aftermarket lights for these are pretty similar.

Underground eh? Mine has to brave the outdoors all year round haha!

I think that's a Qashqai headunit used in the photo of the white/black interior. Supposedly if you fiddle with the wiring and work out the controls you can get the DAB, sat nav, hands free etc to work. There's a thread on here somewhere about headunits and the Qashqai one is spoken about in there. It doesn't look bad to be honest - kind of suits it.
Yeah I've noticed that. One guy on here had DMAX rear lights but somehow they were completely red? S15 WOT or S15 BEY I think his Instagram name is. The lights looked awesome!

Yeah really lucky with the new flat I am moving to with the girlfriend. Allocated space which she immediately knew would be for me haha.

That's right, stumbled across that thread the other day. Subscribed to it, definitely looks awesome. It's crazy how the interior is over 15 years old but still looks like it belongs in today's cars! I just found that picture on Google & had been wondering for months what set up it was. Now I finally know! Just need to get a better gear stick, maybe vertex and and a new gaitor.

Reaction score
What is the process of getting the interior respray dude?
sand and respray? Looks like a quality job
Yeah pretty much. Had the ball ache of taking out the dash with a friend and I was through out the process worried about snapping or at least damaging bits. The centre console was the most scuffed so yeah get it all sanded down nice and smoothed then hopefully have a nice white to match the exterior paint!

Reaction score
Country
That's right, stumbled across that thread the other day. Subscribed to it, definitely looks awesome. It's crazy how the interior is over 15 years old but still looks like it belongs in today's cars! I just found that picture on Google & had been wondering for months what set up it was. Now I finally know! Just need to get a better gear stick, maybe vertex and and a new gaitor.

Yeah it's quite a contemporary interior! I got a Vertex shift boot and handbrake cover on mine - really transforms that little area of the interior and would look fantastic coupled with the white dash pieces.

Reaction score
Yeah it's quite a contemporary interior! I got a Vertex shift boot and handbrake cover on mine - really transforms that little area of the interior and would look fantastic coupled with the white dash pieces.
Got any pics of yours?

Reaction score
Country
Got any pics of yours?

Couple from when I fitted them. Will have to get some better ones at some point.

lewis on here has the same on his but with red stitching. He has a load of pictures on his build thread.

lewis

Reaction score
Country
Instagram
@lewis_concannon
Hey dude nice car! You’ve done a great job cleaning her up.
Here’s the vertex bits images one all black one with red stitching

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reaction score
Hey dude nice car! You’ve done a great job cleaning her up.
Here’s the vertex bits images one all black one with red stitching

Thanks bud I spent a whole day cleaning the grime out of the boot surround, door etc. Looked so much better once it was done.

That Vertex gaitor looks great! Did you order that online? I'm going to try & find something similar in white or maybe black & get a white shifter.

I've think I've read through your build in the last few days. You had a Nismo front strut brace right? Another item that make such a visual difference!

lewis

Reaction score
Country
Instagram
@lewis_concannon
Thanks dude and yeah have the front and rear one on now and yeah got them online vertex actually make any colour you want so you could have white with black stitching or vide Versa or white with white ect ect so have a look and don’t do what I did and change your mind after fitting them cause they aren’t cheap

Reaction score
Lewis I think that would definitely be me! After I gave my car to the bodyshop and handed over the bits of dash I changed my mind last minute about the colour I wanted the central bits to be haha

Reaction score
This is currently how the car looks. Been in for 2 months nearly now as I said "take your time" haha. Oh well, at least there are more bits being sorted. Discs & pads are being changed. Bonnet resprayed (with that a nice new shiny badge!) Rust in engine being treated & now sills. Should be back within 2 weeks

Last edited:
Reaction score
Country
Is that the badge you can get off eBay or the genuine Nissan one? Mine’s a bit manky and I’ve been tempted by the eBay job haha

Reaction score
Is that the badge you can get off eBay or the genuine Nissan one? Mine’s a bit manky and I’ve been tempted by the eBay job haha

Yeah it was an eBay one bud. Got it delivered to my mate. He said it looks pretty good so hoping it will look legit! Also I keep having to edit the post as not all pictures are viewable, any ideas?