Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 26
  1. #1

    Jay's Nissan Silvia S15 Spec-R

    So, already made a welcome post but now going to start a build thread. Not much has happened since ownership and this won't be a quickly updated thread. I will include some pictures of before ownership and also after a good cleaning session.

    I first wanted an S15 about 6 years ago and I got to test drive one at SVA imports in Dover around 3 years ago. Since then I have debating getting one. Saw a post last year with one that might be up for sale and in April this year I thought oh let's do it. Made the plans to go and collect (mothers day of all days!) A friend helped me out by driving me from Ramsgate to Preston starting our journey at 4am.

    I remember the feeling going out in the car as a passenger and the drive home felt amazing. My heart was beating so fast with excitement! I will include the modifications list (sale ad) so everyone can see what it came with.

    Engine
    Horsham Developments Custom Remap (remapped to approx. 315bhp 320 lb/ft torque at 1.2bar on super unleaded fuel)
    Apex Performance Front Mounted Intercooler (FMIC)
    Splitfire Coilpacks
    Nismo 740cc Injectors
    HKS Adjustable Actuator
    NGK BCPR7ES Plugs
    Nissan 300ZX (Z32) AFM
    Walbro Fuel Pump
    HKS SSQV BOV

    Intake & Exhaust
    Apexi Air Intake Kit
    Apex Performance 3 Downpipe
    Apex Performance 3 Decat Pipe
    RSR JASMA Certified Cat Back Exhaust System (3 bore)

    Interior & Electronics
    Very Rare Original Leather Seats (inc matching leather door cards)
    Blitz SBC i-Color Electronic Boost Controller (set to 1.1bar)
    Racelogic Traction Control with Launch Control (including Digital Adjuster)
    Alpine MP3 CD Stereo (with USB port & 30 pin iPod connection)
    Vibe Active 10" Subwoofer

    Lighting
    HID 6000K Light Conversion
    LED Sidelights
    LED Number Plate Lights

    Suspension
    KYB AGX Adjustable Shocks on standard S15 springs
    Apex Performance Front Strut Brace
    Whiteline Adjustable Anti-Roll Bars
    Whiteline Subframe Locking Bushes
    Whiteline Tie Rods

    Braking & Transmission
    Mitsubishi EVO IX Brembo Front Brake Conversion (330mm discs)
    EBC Red Stuff Pads Front & Rear
    Braided Brake Lines
    Exedy Organic Clutch Kit
    Braided Clutch Line

    Exterior & Wheels
    OEM Ducktail Bootlid Spoiler
    De-Badged Rear
    Small Number Plate on Front Bumper
    Rota Torque Wheels (bronze) 8J Front & 9J Rear
    Goodyear Eagle F1 Asymmetricals Front
    Goodyear Eagle F1 GSD3s On Rear

    Security
    Toad Security Sterling One Cat 1 Alarm System

    Some pictures before purchase ..

    Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

  2. The following user has liked this post by jay.humphries.92:


  3. #2
    After a cleaning session and polish. Wanted to get some of the forgotten parts of the car too.

    Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

  4. #3
    Then came a much needed service.

    My friend was kind enough to get some pictures of the underneath too.

    Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

  5. #4
    Currently the Silvia is in a body shop after a slight bump into a friend. My own fault for a lapse of concentration. Needed some work anyway. The front bumper is having a full respray along with a few other scuffs on the body work. The rear arches are being rolled and treated for rust. Calipers are all being resprayed. Headlights being split and resprayed. Lots of work. The last bit is having my interior dash plastics all being smoothed down and resprayed white. Think I've seen a few similar posts saying they wanted something along the same lines.

    Eventually will get a nice double din set up.

    Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

  6. #5
    Join Date
    Dec 2016
    Location
    Berkshire
    Posts
    277
    Liked
    29
    Car's looking good! I like those Nismo spoilers.

    Perhaps when you get an afternoon free re-wire the rear foglight into one of the reverse lights and get rid of the caravan foglight stuck on the bottom?

    That white/black interior looks pretty classy haha!

  7. #6
    Quote Originally Posted by The_Angry_Saxon View Post
    Car's looking good! I like those Nismo spoilers.

    Perhaps when you get an afternoon free re-wire the rear foglight into one of the reverse lights and get rid of the caravan foglight stuck on the bottom?

    That white/black interior looks pretty classy haha!
    Thanks man! Yeah just need some DMAX or Yashio rear lights.

    Oh definitely. Car is being stored underground from end of October so going to do that one weekend amongst other little bits!

    My dash is going to look pretty much along those lines except by gear surround is staying chrome & I'm not yet sure what double din to go for?

    Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

  8. #7
    Join Date
    Dec 2016
    Location
    Berkshire
    Posts
    277
    Liked
    29
    Quote Originally Posted by jay.humphries.92 View Post
    Thanks man! Yeah just need some DMAX or Yashio rear lights.

    Oh definitely. Car is being stored underground from end of October so going to do that one weekend amongst other little bits!

    My dash is going to look pretty much along those lines except by gear surround is staying chrome & I'm not yet sure what double din to go for?

    Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk
    DMAX ones are nice. Mind you most of the aftermarket lights for these are pretty similar.

    Underground eh? Mine has to brave the outdoors all year round haha!

    I think that's a Qashqai headunit used in the photo of the white/black interior. Supposedly if you fiddle with the wiring and work out the controls you can get the DAB, sat nav, hands free etc to work. There's a thread on here somewhere about headunits and the Qashqai one is spoken about in there. It doesn't look bad to be honest - kind of suits it.

  9. #8
    Join Date
    Apr 2017
    Location
    Gatwick
    Posts
    40
    Liked
    4
    What is the process of getting the interior respray dude?
    sand and respray? Looks like a quality job

  10. #9
    Quote Originally Posted by The_Angry_Saxon View Post
    DMAX ones are nice. Mind you most of the aftermarket lights for these are pretty similar.

    Underground eh? Mine has to brave the outdoors all year round haha!

    I think that's a Qashqai headunit used in the photo of the white/black interior. Supposedly if you fiddle with the wiring and work out the controls you can get the DAB, sat nav, hands free etc to work. There's a thread on here somewhere about headunits and the Qashqai one is spoken about in there. It doesn't look bad to be honest - kind of suits it.
    Yeah I've noticed that. One guy on here had DMAX rear lights but somehow they were completely red? S15 WOT or S15 BEY I think his Instagram name is. The lights looked awesome!

    Yeah really lucky with the new flat I am moving to with the girlfriend. Allocated space which she immediately knew would be for me haha.

    That's right, stumbled across that thread the other day. Subscribed to it, definitely looks awesome. It's crazy how the interior is over 15 years old but still looks like it belongs in today's cars! I just found that picture on Google & had been wondering for months what set up it was. Now I finally know! Just need to get a better gear stick, maybe vertex and and a new gaitor.

    Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

  11. #10
    Quote Originally Posted by Almeida1234 View Post
    What is the process of getting the interior respray dude?
    sand and respray? Looks like a quality job
    Yeah pretty much. Had the ball ache of taking out the dash with a friend and I was through out the process worried about snapping or at least damaging bits. The centre console was the most scuffed so yeah get it all sanded down nice and smoothed then hopefully have a nice white to match the exterior paint! Jay's Nissan Silvia S15 Spec-R

    Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •