What's new

Jay's Nissan Silvia S15 Spec-R

Reaction score
Update! All the work has been carried out that the S15 was booked in for!

Exterior is now looking so much fresher, headlights have turned out a treat!

Arches rolled, few bits of rust & scuffs treated. Also had the bonnet resprayed & engine bay struts touched up. Full respray on the front bumper. Pretty much resprayed the whole car!

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

Reaction score
Things due over the next few months is the rusty sills being sorted & underseal. Then within year Nissan Qashqai stereo to be sourced & fitted. Change lights being clocks to white LEDs. New rear LED lights, front splitter, relocate battery to boot & wire fog into rear light, alloy respray.

Big job will be freshening up the engine bay as it's really ugly.

Reaction score
Country
That looks really good! They’ve done a great job with the paint matching. Loving the dash and interior trim, looks really smart.

Quite a few plans then haha! Do you plan on getting OEM skirts or are you sticking with the aftermarket ones?

There’s lots of easy and cheap jobs you can do to tidy the engine bay

Reaction score
Thanks bud, I'm really please with how it all came out. The pictures of the interior really don't do it justice. I will eventually get some decent photos of the interior.

I'm fairly happy with the side skirts for now, got no problem with how they look. Would like a new rear bumper though!

Yeah? All I'm thinking is a good clean, remove the intake manifold & respray it a new silver/grey colour & the rocker cover to be resprayed. Dropping that off in the next couple of months hopefully. Want to get some red washers to & make the engine bay look smart.

Reaction score
Country
Fair play! You going for an aftermarket bumper?

Yep exactly that, a good clean and a can of paint There’s various wires and stuff which can be relocated and tucked fairly easily. Can’t see what your setup is in the photo but you can rotate your AFM so the plug and wiring is underneath haha - not a big difference but just smooths it up a bit.

Reaction score
Country
Instagram
@Peglio13
I’m sorry man but that is one half ass paint job . I hate places that paint like that looks better than it did though which I suppose was the plan

Sent from tapatalk

Last edited:
Reaction score
I’m sorry man but that is one half ass paint job . I hate places that paint like that looks better than it did though which I suppose was the plan

Sent from Big Bear Kustoms Ltd using tapatalk
Unsure what you mean here? What's wrong with the work done? There's a lot more prep than what I've uploaded pictures of.

Reaction score
Country
Instagram
@Peglio13
Painting with the kit on , handles and lights in blending lacquer up the pillar . For the sake of a few minutes . Probably takes longer to mask up and leave on . Will have nasty mask lines if ever removed can see edges around the lights and bumper join , it’s the Type of job the paint starts peeling away from the edges and when the lacquer fade dies back it could start flaking off . See it all the time in my shop it’s what cheap trade places do .
Also if you intend to do the rear bumper why not do it at the same time ? They will have to match the paint again and probably won’t be bang on unless they kept some paint back . Doesn’t make sense to me . Don’t like knocking peoples work but I hate seeing jobs done like this .

Sent from tapatalk

Last edited:
Reaction score
He has been doing work for 20+ years & nobody I know or local friends have complained about any of his work. It may not be the methods you would have used but it's what I'm happy with. If anything needed sorting then I would go back. Thankyou for your input.

I don't know if I will 100% change the bumper. It's not something I'm set on changing its just an idea. If he has to match again then so be it.

Reaction score
So an update! Purchased new rear lights from EP Racing. Also had a full detail from a local guy who has started his own company. Happy with the results. Badly need my alloys resprayed & this month I am finally sorting out my fog light & the battery is being relocated to the boot. Nismo front springs being fitted along with a full service.

Reaction score
Country
So an update! Purchased new rear lights from EP Racing. Also had a full detail from a local guy who has started his own company. Happy with the results. Badly need my alloys resprayed & this month I am finally sorting out my fog light & the battery is being relocated to the boot. Nismo front springs being fitted along with a full service.

Been so tempted with a set of those lights... where are the reverse lights on them?

Reaction score
Think it's in the drivers side if I remember. It's the original loom used.

Reaction score
Did that make sense what I said? I'm not always sure if I explain things right. Thanks bud, much better from last year! Bit more progress in the next month's before Christmas!
Ah right. Car looks super clean now!

Reaction score
Country
Did that make sense what I said? I'm not always sure if I explain things right. Thanks bud, much better from last year! Bit more progress in the next month's before Christmas!

Haha yeah it did, where in the cluster is the reverse light though? In the bit with the clear lens or the red bit?

Reaction score
Got the battery relocated, fog sorted (need to get the hole filled) clear side repeaters fitted.

Just wondering if I was to put her up for sale what do people think she is worth?

Bit financially stuck at the moment so debating selling.