What's new

Kazama's Grey Fox S15

K

kazamas15

My car was converted to SR20DE for a while ~ :eek: :D

Size difference between stock and tomei turbo outlet

Give the turbo a good clean and put the parts on

The completed engine after 10hrs of hard work :yawn:

The number says it all, before the peak engine power measured by the RSM is around 280hp, now I am getting 306hp. Very happy with the overall result ~ :) The next thing on the plan is FMIC and get the fuel adjusted.

Last edited:
K

kazamas15

New Greddy Spec-V intercooler..

hum... the next step is to get PFC, upsize the injector and tuning... :)

Last edited:
K

kazamas15

I don't think I will be able to come up with spare cash for a HKS GT-RS turbo for a while... so I've decided to go for the 555cc injector in the end... XD

Power FC also arrived... ^^

K

kazamas15

Finally the moment I've been waiting for.. 'tune up' time...

I went to one of the more reputable tune shop locally. Inside this garage, its the home for two GT-Rs, the R34 makes good 400rwkw with stock turbo, the R32 currently 0rwkw, bcoz the engine it out of the engine bay. :D

Another shot of this 400rwkw beast... really luv the engine luv the look.. :p

Here is couple pics of the tuning process.

Setting the car up

Ready to go ~ :)

Manifold glowing red hot

Soichi, the tune shop owner was having some issues with the boost controller. The boost responded quickly to 1.1bar then slowly to 1.2bar, hence loosing bit of the mid range torque.

Nevertheless I have to say I'm happy with the result, I was expecting low 200rwkw, but managed 212rwkw@1.24bar of boost, he temped to go higher on the boost to 1.3bar, but not after finding out my boost controller was playing up. I wonder if it was anything to do with the scramble setting on the different channel to the channel been tuned to run high boost??? :)

Thinking about getting the tomei cams to get more power.. but probably won't do any engine mod now for while.

Updates on the 1st page ~ :p

Last edited:
W

WATDA

Ahhh ya from NZ, are you on snz? havent seen your car around. I just dynoed mine on saturday and got 222rwkw after doing tomei poncam and 3" exhaust, dynoed at torque performance but readins look very similar if not lower to st dyno. I had 205rwkw at st before i did the last mods. Ya cars looking nice man :)

K

kazamas15

Wow ~ 222kw on the roller dyno, that is very impressive, probably close / more than 230kw on the hub dyno.

Yeah.. I'm a SNZ member. I'm trying my profile low there.. @@

K

kazamas15

Lazy boy's induction box

Couldn't be bother to make my own heat shield, plus my crafting skill pretty much next to zero. So this is what I end up getting... XD

Only take 10 mins to install and you walk away.

Pick your own stickers from the website... hehe (+5hp per sticker @@)

hum.... mission complete.

K

kazamas15

hum... my friend in japan bought it for me for 17600 yen...

I think he gets some discount from apexi dealer... :)