Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Liked
    Quote Originally Posted by Antipodes S15 View Post
    That valve cover looks awesome.
    Yeah it does, got Peglio to thank for it - so pleased with it!

2. The following user has liked this post by The_Angry_Saxon:

Liked
    Looks sooo good what did you use on the inlet manifold? like a toothbrush style thing and what paint? looks amazing!

Liked

Saxon's Blue Spec R

Quote Originally Posted by lewis View Post
    Looks sooo good what did you use on the inlet manifold? like a toothbrush style thing and what paint? looks amazing!
    Thanks man! Used a steel wire brush (just a hand one I got from work) to clean it up - itís quite narrow with long bristles so good for getting in the tight bits. Quick wipe with acetone then sprayed a few coats of Simoniz VHT silver spray paint. Itís been in the shed for so long the label had gone all crinkly haha, but finally found a good use for it. Couple of small bits of overspray but nothing where you can see it and nothing that couldnít be cleaned up.

Got mine from Amazon, but itís cheaper here now: Shopping
    Last edited by The_Angry_Saxon; 09-10-2017 at 15:16.

Liked
    I think im going to have to do that because that looks soo sweet! How much did you use cause I may order a few cans and do my stagea brakes at the same time?

Liked
    I think im going to have to do that because that looks soo sweet! How much did you use cause I may order a few cans and do my stagea brakes at the same time?
    Yeah itís made such a difference to the engine bay paired with the rocker cover! Only used like half a can maybe, it seems to spray really well and get great coverage.

I used regular old silver Hammerite for my brakes. Saves masking stuff off, although if youíre getting a few cans of the VHT stuff then you might as well use that.

Liked
    Yeah that's what i'm thinking just get three cans then I have left over if I need it.

Liked
    Plenty of other stuff that can be painted Saxon's Blue Spec R

Liked
    Did you actually paint the throttle body and the aac thing as well or just brush them up?

Liked
    Did you actually paint the throttle body and the aac thing as well or just brush them up?
    Yeah I did paint them. Wire brushed them first to get all the 15 years of crap off then gave them a few coats of that VHT paint. Painted the lot - inlet manifold, throttle body and the AAC valve as well as a few other little brackets, bolts etc that were attached to the whole assembly.

I kind of cheated and didnít take everything off. I took some small bits off like the AAC valve and some small brackets but I didnít take the inlet manifold and throttle body off. I just moved all the wiring and hoses out the way, masked up everything I didnít want paint on them sprayed it in situ. Yeah, the underneath of some of the bits wonít have been painted but I got both sides fully, top obviously and the back (so everything you can see and a bit more).

Liked
    Thatís great dude thanks for the advice Iím going to have to give it a go as soon as I get the paint thanks buddy

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk