What's new

Saxon's Blue Spec R

Reaction score
Man that engine bay is looking naughty! Wish mine looked that good! Definitely need to spray a few bits in the winter now haha

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

Reaction score
Haha thanks man, a bit of paint goes a long way!
How much did the rocker cover cost to get sprayed? I'm wanting mine to be white to match the body. Currently got my interior console & plastic trim being smoothed & resprayed white too.

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

Reaction score
Country
Undersealed the car today ready for winter. Had a nice surprise as the downpipe I thought was a cheap generic thing is actually a Nismo Weldina one! Not sure whether it’s rare or special, but I guess I’ll just be going for a turbo elbow rather than a whole new downpipe.

Also, Meguiars trim restorer stuff is amazing:

Reaction score
Country
Ah sweet, shame mine’s all ground flat on the bottom courtesy of the previous owner.

Last edited:
Reaction score
Country
Still liking the wheels Angry_Saxon?
I sure am! I’ve just bought another set as well haha, 9J all round though with lower offset (ET23 and ET19). Will be a while before they’re on the car because they need a refurb. By some miracle they have centre caps.

I’ll be keeping the ones I got off you - I’ll probably put some sticky tyres on them and keep them for track days since they’re a bit more of a sensible fitment than the ones I’ll be putting on!

Reaction score
Country
A small update but an update nonetheless: got the rear of the car stonechipped along with getting a nice patch of rust cleaned up and remedied. Now that’s that along with the underside of the car up to the engine bay protected for the foreseeable future.

Also put the correct coloured bulb in the rear fog light.

What’s next?

Reaction score
Country
I got it from eBay as a little kit and it was about £10, but having seen how it’s made now you can make your own for £2-3.

I think the hole is 30mm so you need a 30mm disc and then one slightly bigger to stick to that one which you seal against the inside of the window. I think it’s 3mm thick stuff you need.

This place sells it - you could get a 30mm and a 40mm disc for less than £2 I think. Black Plastic Circles / Laser Cut Acrylic Disc - ALL SIZES FREE CUSTOM SIZE CUT | eBay

You’ll need some sealant of some variety when you put the bung in - the kit I bought came with a little pack of tiger seal which had set so I used some clear bathroom sealant so at least I can get the bung out again if I need to. I’m going to get a bung for the washer nozzle at some point, think it’s a 10mm hole.

Last edited:

immy21

Reaction score
Country
My soft rubber grommet popped free, so that's a great idea/help to sort that out, thanks

Keifer1903

Instagram Staff
Reaction score
Country
Decent that mate. I really need to do it aswell

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reaction score
Country
Decent that mate. I really need to do it aswell

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Thanks! To be fair I had my bumper off anyway for a different reason so thought I’d do it - no harm! Just as well I did take the bumper off else that rot would’ve gotten worse.

Got all the brackets and stuff to fit the bumper on sand blasted and powder coated too, but I’ll get some pictures of those when the new bumper goes on

Reaction score
Country
Some progress on the new wheels for the car; got the centres and one barrel back from the wheel refurb shop. Only had the one (spare) barrel done because I wanted to see if I liked the colour before I took the plunge on the actual ones - safe to say I’ll be going for that colour!

They will be deeper dish than that but I just rested the face on top so I could take some photos. Now to get the rest done along with getting some bolts!