Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Liked

Jamie's White 1998 Spec R

Hello everyone, this is the first time I have ever done a build thread so go easy on me..

So I previously owned a 350z and I decided that I wanted to get an S15, I messaged a guy local to me who owned a good spec spec r to let him know that if he was looking to sell then I would be very interested! I was just in time, the car was going to be up for sale in 3 weeks after it was MOT'ed, so in that time period he let me view the car a few times and got the car in the air so I could have a good look around before he put a fresh coat of underseal on. Being a mechanic himself, he was very knowledgable about the car and was very accommodating when asking to get it privately inspected.

So after the MOT and private inspection by a local garage to me, I was happy to purchase my first S15 and couldn't stop grinning!

So that's the boring part out of the way, 3 weeks on and I have taken the plunge to start a build thread as I want to get the car in a better condition in general and feel it would be good to have a documentary of what I've done under my ownership!

First off, here is the spec of the car!

Engine
    SR20DET 1998 Spec R
    Greddy front mount intercooler
    Samco hoses
    Oil catch tank
    Greddy boost controller
    Z32 air flow meter
    Surefire coil packs
    Nistune ecu and live remap
    NGK spark plugs BPR7's
    Walbro fuel pump
    HKS actuator
    Apexi intake filter
    Japspeed twin downpipe
    Japspeed decat
    Japspeed turbo elbow
    Powerflow exhaust system

Transmission
    6 speed stock gearbox
    ACT 6 paddle clutch
    Driftworks super light flywheel
    Kazz 1.5 LSD
    Redline shockproof gear and diff oil

Chassis
    HSD monopro coilovers
    Upper strut brace
    Driftworks camber arms, toe rods and traction rods
    Driftworks lower shock bushes
    Polly bushed anti roll bar links
    Driftworks steering rack spacers

External
    M Sports front bumper, side skirts and rear bumper
    50/50 tail lights
    Driftworks BGW
    8K HID'S

Wheels and Brakes

Weds Kranze LXZ 18x9 front and 18x9.5 rear
    JR Racing 10 mm spacers on front
    Continental tyres all round
    Axis brake pads
    R32 GTST front callipers just been rebuilt with braided front brake hoses

Interior
    Sony double din headunit
    Nismo factory clocks 280km
    Momo steering wheel
    Yashio gearknob
    Razo pedals
    HKS turbo timer
    Swoosh oil pressure/oil temp/water temp gauges in dash vents
    Toad car alarm with tilt sensors

As it is an already decent spec my main focus for the time being is to clean it up a little, it's got a few spots of surface rust on the front wings, side skirts and underside of bonnet so they are the priority. The coilovers have seen better days too so they will need refurbing or changing over!

As I am making this build thread three weeks after purchase I will update upload some things I have already done a little later! If you have got this far through my boring introduction could anyone please advise on best ways to upload pics as they are far less dull!

Last edited by STONER; 24-04-2018 at 21:37.

2. The following user has liked this post by STONER:

Liked
    Use photo bucket is the best way dude. Welcome to the club, car sounds a great spec. Look forward to some pics!!

Liked
    Jamie's White 1998 Spec R
    @Peglio13
    Hello mate good to see you on here ! Does look a nice spec , no pics yet! Ha ha get some up man Jamie's White 1998 Spec R

Sent from Big Bear Kustoms Ltd using tapatalk

Liked
    Welcome along. Look forward to seeing pics sounds a nice car.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Liked
    Thanks for the messages guys! I'm still trying to get the photos, having some issues with tapatalk at the moment! Will get some up soon hopefully!

Liked

So here is a pic of the day I picked my s15 up! I bought the car before I went to Devon for a week with my family for my 21st birthday and so after driving the car home I had to go away for a week and leave the car! Absolutely torture!

I was missing the car so much I ended up coming home a couple of days earlier Jamie's White 1998 Spec R

Liked
    Being over excited and a bit premature I started buying some good condition second hand bits for the s15 even before I had bought it! So when I got back from Devon I went about changing the tired looking leather momo steering wheel and replaced it with the Nardi suede wheel that I bought from a forum member! (Thanks Jack Jennings for the cool wheel and super fast delivery)

Here are some pictures of before and after!

Before...

After...

I prefer the look of the Nardi, looks more aggressive and also feels so much nicer! Quite chuffed with such a small and easy modification to the interior!

Liked
    Like I said before, the main focus of the S15 initially was to get it in a better overall condition! It had been sat in the garage over the whole winter and it didn't look like it had received a proper detail in a while! So I spent 7 hours on a Saturday cleaning the car thoroughly inside and out and putting some sealant on the paintwork! The pain felt so much better but the main focus was to try and clean the wheels which were looking a bit unloved!

Here are some results of my Saturday's cleaning session!

Not much of an update but it really did make such a difference to the condition of the car in general and highlighted areas that need addressing on the bodywork!

Liked
    A lot of my car friends were keen to come and see the Silvia and some of my friends enjoy photography as a hobby. My friend Mitch at MFowlerPhotography came over and we took the car out to grab a few photos! I was so pleased with the awesome shots he got and it was apparent that my iPhone pictures don't do the car any justice at all!

11. The following user has liked this post by STONER:

Liked
    Looks a lovely example mate for sure! And those nismo dials look amazing!! Does the pop up sat nav work?