What's new

My Dream S15

lewis

Reaction score
Country
Instagram
@lewis_concannon
So as most stories start, and don't worry it won't be long till photos rather than less interesting chatter, I was browsing the internet... and whilst a much younger version of me was looking for pictures of Paul Walkers GTR and Supra from F&F etc to print off and stick on my wall, when I saw a picture of what I could only describe as the coolest car I had ever seen. I am pretty sure this was the photo, if not something very similar.

I never knew what it was all I knew was I wanted it. To most people seems silly and they say wouldn't you rather have a Lamborghini or a Ferrari, and yeah that would be nice but for me that is truly never going to happen and even if it did there would still be a place in my garage for a Super Sweet Silvia.

Fast forward a few years and I start getting into cars alot more but still don't really know about silvias and out comes F&F Tokyo Drift, and there it is the mona lisa of drift cars. Now I am certain one day I will save enough money to buy one. Anyway small background on cars, the first being something I can't imagine most people will expect. Triumph Spitfire 1500 1977 With hard top and overdrive.

As you could imagine being a young naive driver I managed to break it a few times and I may or may not have crashed it trying to be a badass and slide it round a few corners and some islands. Thankfully being an old car and fairly simple it was easy to fix and in doing so I manage to gain a decent knowledge on how cars work.

A few years past and being a 6ft1 musician it was getting rather tiering not being able to drive to gigs with a marshall stack a few guitars and a whole heap of other music related stuff and barely being able to fit in a daily classic, and having to beg and borrow lifts of anyone and everyone (Thanks Mum). I wanted something fun fast and practical. Obviously I bought a Civic Type R. Gigantic boot space alright mpg fast (at the time)but not mental fast and insurance that wasn't more than the car, it ticked all
the boxes.

Long story short sold the Spitfire just over a month ago and Civic is now up for sale because ... you guessed it. I bought my dream car!:whoo:It's been a long time coming but it is finally here. I went to collect from Torque GT Wednesday. Whilst we are here in the story I want say a Massive thank you to Torque GT and Darren in particular who have bean great to deal with and dealing with my extreme pickyness and silly offers. Anyway I have some photos of the awesome car park at Torque and of my Dream S15, or soon to be once I have thrown a few mods on it.

Then I got distracted

I wanted to take a whole bunch more photos and videos and stuff bit I got held up with trains and Living in Cov and it raining so much I didn't wanna be driving back to late in a new car all the way down the m5, which by the way TWO major accidents in front of me on the way back, one car completely fu$*ed and the other was cleared up after the 45 min traffic jam. This really didn't fill me with confidence so I chilled most of the way home spinning the wheel up on a few islands and slip roads.

So this is the beginning. I hope this was't too much of a bore and as soon as I start modding ill hope to keep this updated as much as possible, but for now I am just going to enjoy finally owning my dream car.

Specs: 36000miles on it. Kakiimoto regu 06&r cat back, HPI Downpipe, momo leather steering wheel and boss kit, led rear tail lights (look like yashio factory), Yashio factory water temp gauge, 17" wheels all round, 2 way diff that is super aggressive and overly clunky (kinda worried about that bit), intake filter and thats about it from what I can remember.

Reaction score
Country
Looks great bro plans? I also Got mine from Darren as well, top dude. Now wide body Vertex Edge courtesy of peglio, soon to be 3071r G4 etc etc. They great cars. Love the look if them.

Sent from my PLUS using Tapatalk

Last edited:

Keifer1903

Instagram Staff
Reaction score
Country
Awesome right up bro. I'm similar to you always wanted a s15 since playing PlayStation as a kid and bought one last year and it's near similar to how Ive always made it in the games! They are yashio lights bro I have the same and also the kakimoto exhaust which sounds amazing.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reaction score
Country
Instagram
@Peglio13
Nice one man! I had a similar story, saw an S15 on the motorway when I was about 19-20 , my bro told me what it was and I wanted one ever since then . Finally got one about 7 years later and had it for about the same time again ! Ha ha love it to bits man. I had 2 fn2's as well , they are great cars especially in black (both of mine were ) . I wouldn't worry about the 2 way being clunky they generally are , you could always changed the diff oil see if that helps . Car looks like a great base , what do you have planned for it ?

Sent from Big Bear Kustoms Ltd using tapatalk

lewis

Reaction score
Country
Instagram
@lewis_concannon
Looks great bro plans? I also Got mine from Darren as well, top dude. Now wide body Vertex Edge courtesy of peglio, soon to be 3071r G4 etc etc. They great cars. Love the look if them.
Thanks dude since I first saw them I always thought the vertex ridge widebody was the dream so hopefully ill be saving up for that as soon as possible. I do have ideas of what I want to do but I think I need to give the bank manager a rest or she will have a heart attack. I love your car by the way looks mega!

Awesome right up bro. I'm similar to you always wanted a s15 since playing PlayStation as a kid and bought one last year and it's near similar to how Ive always made it in the games! They are yashio lights bro I have the same and also the kakimoto exhaust which sounds amazing.
Same always used to use the hks s15 in gran turismo also vertex ridge widebody :) the only thing with the lights is that one has some condensation in it :( Any ideas on where to get them refurbed? want the smoked as well. Also what decat did you get? I need ideas.

Nice one man! I had a similar story, saw an S15 on the motorway when I was about 19-20 , my bro told me what it was and I wanted one ever since then . Finally got one about 7 years later and had it for about the same time again ! Ha ha love it to bits man. I had 2 fn2's as well , they are great cars especially in black (both of mine were ) . I wouldn't worry about the 2 way being clunky they generally are , you could always changed the diff oil see if that helps . Car looks like a great base , what do you have planned for it ?
Thanks dude I have to say I am a huge fan of your build! used to just sit and read through it to get ideas. The Fn2 really is an awesome car and I would have one again also really easy to work on with lots of information about them online. Yeah I was thinking of changing the oil any idea on grade of oil to help smooth it out a bit? It has some tasty mods to it and thats all I wanted like you say for a great base with low mileage as I do not plan on selling it. Like I said I would love a vertex ridge widebody so I'll probably be picking your brains and such about where to get it from, wheel sizes and obviously come to you for when I get it to get it fitted, if I can afford it.

Reaction score
Country
Instagram
@Peglio13
Thanks dude since I first saw them I always thought the vertex ridge widebody was the dream so hopefully ill be saving up for that as soon as possible. I do have ideas of what I want to do but I think I need to give the bank manager a rest or she will have a heart attack. I love your car by the way looks mega!

Same always used to use the hks s15 in gran turismo also vertex ridge widebody :) the only thing with the lights is that one has some condensation in it :( Any ideas on where to get them refurbed? want the smoked as well. Also what decat did you get? I need ideas.

Thanks dude I have to say I am a huge fan of your build! used to just sit and read through it to get ideas. The Fn2 really is an awesome car and I would have one again also really easy to work on with lots of information about them online. Yeah I was thinking of changing the oil any idea on grade of oil to help smooth it out a bit? It has some tasty mods to it and thats all I wanted like you say for a great base with low mileage as I do not plan on selling it. Like I said I would love a vertex ridge widebody so I'll probably be picking your brains and such about where to get it from, wheel sizes and obviously come to you for when I get it to get it fitted, if I can afford it.
Ha ha thanks man , glad I can inspire people yeah I loved my civics man, must have covered about 70k in them in 2.5 years never had any issues with it .c could just get it and drive it hard or cruise in comfort when you felt the need , great cars .
I'm not too sure as each diff manufacturer recommend different oil viscosity , if you know which diff it is you may be able to find something suitable .
Vertex ridge is still one of my fave kits , the rwb 15 in matt black is fully awesome man , yeah no worries buddy give me a shout if you need any help with anything , I have a good contact for getting kits over as well

lewis

Reaction score
Country
Instagram
@lewis_concannon
Yeah really is an amazing car but can't afford to run that and an s15 so I'm looking for something big ish and cheap

That's the problem I have no idea what diff is in it so I was thinking with just going for 80-140 fully synthetic?

I sure will be in touch at some point once I've saved up some dollars I wanna make sure I'm happy with the car mechanically first

lewis

Reaction score
Country
Instagram
@lewis_concannon
Started with this...

and ended with this...

I did really like the Momo wheel but i've always thought the Nardi deep corn 350 looks and feels amazing, that and I had already bought the Nardi before the car. I also added the NRG shot hub and quick release which brings the wheel into the perfect placement and ads the extra badassness of pulling up somewhere and taking your wheel off, which lets be honest makes you feel like a proper racing driver.

I then went on to fitting a set of Splitfire coil packs that I got on a pretty good deal from Rhdjapan. Turns out that one of the little bolts that holds the coil pack cover on was missing so if anyone has one spare they could send my way that would be great if not are they easily available?

It feels great to drive with the Nardi and there wasn't anything wrong with the original coil packs but seeing as ill be tuning it soon I thought I might as well go for upprated coil packs. I couldn't get the air bag light to turn off with any kind of resistor and fuse I put in there and the auto off turn signal has stopped working so ill look into that at some point. The Momo Model 07 leather wheel and Works bell standard hub is up for grabs if anyone is after one?

Reaction score
Country
Instagram
@Peglio13
Yeah really is an amazing car but can't afford to run that and an s15 so I'm looking for something big ish and cheap

That's the problem I have no idea what diff is in it so I was thinking with just going for 80-140 fully synthetic?

I sure will be in touch at some point once I've saved up some dollars I wanna make sure I'm happy with the car mechanically first

Always a tough one man as every place recommends different oils .
A customer got some kaaz diff oil for her car that's 80w90 I believe .
If you speak to opie oils customer service they could probably recommend something good , they are very very helpful dude

lewis

Reaction score
Country
Instagram
@lewis_concannon
Thanks for the advice and the link. Ended up with 75w-90 fuchs oil for now so I will see how that is when I get round to changing it... What I have done though which for me really had to be done was deleting the BOV.

I then went on to fitting a bunch of little things I had for the car already, most noticeably the carbon fibre centre console. If you are looking to get one of these you really can't be scared about cutting it up a bit to make it fit, I really made the most out of my Dremel. Alongside this was the really nice vertex pieces of leather for the handbrake and shift boot. Whilst there I threw on a drift turn knob thing, which actually took a lot longer than expected because it just wouldn't fit on to begin with.

My interior is getting there just need to clean it up a bit and get some bright red Brides in there and she will be mint. Apart from that I haven't really don't much apart from booking in with garage 21 for them to weld me up a decat pipe, I'm going to change the diff oil soon when I get the right tools and then on to tidying things up and buying more parts! Woohoo!

Mike.

Reaction score
Country
Instagram
@Mike_urk
Looking good mate, keep up the good work

lewis

Reaction score
Country
Instagram
@lewis_concannon
Thanks Mike! I managed to get round to changing the diff oil tonight now that I have the correct tools it was such an easy job. Took the car for a spin and it has definitely helped however as it warms up it still gets pretty clunky, so maybe go for a 80-140 oil instead of the 75-90 I put in? anyone else have any other ideas on what I could do?

Mike.

Reaction score
Country
Instagram
@Mike_urk
No bother at all.

I've got a two way diff in my car and it's clunky as hell almost all of the time haha you do learn to drive so it's not as bad but it'll never go away fully. You do get used to it though

Reaction score
Country
Do you remember where you got the handbrake cover from? Looks awesome!

lewis

Reaction score
Country
Instagram
@lewis_concannon
Yeah i'm just going to deal with it for now next time I need an oil change maybe go for the thicker stuff and see what happens :lol:

The handbrake cover is a vertex leather piece just like the gear knob gator and thanks I think its much nicer than the stock rubber handbrake showing.

lewis

Reaction score
Country
Instagram
@lewis_concannon
Got round to giving her a good wash today since there was such good weather today after getting swarmed by bugs on the way back from Japfest which was awesome.

I didn't manage to get loads of photos unfortunately but these are a few of my favourites managed to get from the club stand

Mike.

Reaction score
Country
Instagram
@Mike_urk
That steering wheel looks awesome good photo of my engine bay mate

lewis

Reaction score
Country
Instagram
@lewis_concannon
Thanks dude and I couldn't help it it looked so good!
Yesterday I did a thing. Since I sold the civic I needed something cool but sensible and larger to replace it with so yesterday I went and bought a stagea! I had been looking for foresters for a while but on Saturday I was scrolling and came across this

Reaction score
Country
The double unicorn yo! are you going to try and put a 34 front end on it or leave it be?