Page 9 of 10 FirstFirst ... 78910 LastLast

Thread: My Dream S15

Liked

My Dream S15

Quote Originally Posted by JDM_virgin View Post
    if the gauges are 60mm then they fit in a treat and don't move around at all. I have an AEM wideband to fit but its 56mm so need to find a solution that isnt blue peter haha
    This stuff isnít wonderfully cheap but you could use something like this?

CLEAR ACRYLIC PERSPEX PLASTIC TUBE BAR HOLLOW 30mm 36mm 40mm 50mm 60mm 70mm | eBay

You can get it in 60mm OD with 56mm ID. Can make a sleeve out of it to bridge the gap between the vent and your gauge. You could use metal tube which would be cheaper but I donít know if it would be a good idea to have metal in between two plastic items.

Liked
    My Dream S15
    @lewis_concannon
    Thatís still pretty cheap though and a great idea! Canít you get a holder that still lets air through with the aem gauges? Iíve seen them on gt86 before

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Liked
    My Dream S15
    @lewis_concannon

Liked
    My Dream S15
    @dread839
    Haven't used them but did notice these the other day.

Gauge Pods | S15 – Street Faction Engineering

Liked
    My Dream S15
    @liamb91
    60MM gauges just sit in the vent holes nicely, the stepped lip of the defi's hold them in securely

Liked
    My Dream S15
    @lewis_concannon
    Itís been a while but I have been busy

Quick rundown is new manifold, new turbo elbow, titanium heat wrap for front pipe and elbow once Iíve welded in an o2 sensor for my hks afk, diff is out with Dave at garage 21 being rebuilt. Turns out the diff is a nismo billet pro 2 way! Bonus! Been clunking like hell for a while and it really started to annoy me so out it came and straight off to Dave for a rebuild.
    In the meantime Iíve fitted new braided turbo hoses with new gaskets and manifold also had the rocker cover off so Iím going to give that a fresh coat of paint. Whilst thatís off tomei rocker arm stoppers were fitted and I believe thatís all so far just canít wait to get it back together and hear the new set up!

Liked
    Thatís a score with that diff! What colour are you doing the rocker cover?

Liked
    My Dream S15
    @lewis_concannon
    Absolute score should be getting back next week then all back together that weekend!
    ^this colour^

Liked
    Quote Originally Posted by lewis View Post
    Absolute score should be getting back next week then all back together that weekend!
    ^this colour^

Damn thatís going to look smart in the bay. What are your rocker cover washer things like (the zinc coated washer with the rubber grommet)? Mine were all nasty so I bought some new ones fairly cheap which really finished it off.

I personally prefer the standard coil pack cover but that carbon one does look pretty nice...

Liked
    My Dream S15
    @lewis_concannon
    Thanks man I think so too. Mine weren't that bacd but I polished the zinc coating off them so they are like a polished silver which I think will really match the cover with the polished lettering. Keeping the stock black bolts as well.

A lot of people do but I like to be different an I haven't seen many people running this cover especially in the UK and I love the look of it, with the added bonus of a bit of extra cooling for the coil packs.