What's new

My Dream S15

lewis

Reaction score
Country
Instagram
@lewis_concannon
Yeah I can't imagine going much more than 400 but would it not be worth getting something like a link in the first place to future proof it? plus I know you can get antilag on the link which the kid in me is dying for :heh: Would it be worth trying to get a second hand Apexi?

Also the boost controller I have has three presets you can save would that make a difference into which ecu I go for? As in can that affect the map if I have say a Low boost mode, Normal mode and then a stupid mode on the boost controller?

Reaction score
Country
Instagram
@Peglio13
If you’re going to do it get a link for sure , the apexi are outdated now . Link are really good and then , as you say , if you decide to up the ante you have the scope and don’t have to worry about swapping it out: that’s why I went syvecs on mine , never going to need a better ecu than that ha ha

Sent from Big Bear Kustoms Ltd using tapatalk

lewis

Reaction score
Country
Instagram
@lewis_concannon
Great work so far mate.

Do you have any photos of the underside changes that you made to the CF center console?
Thanks dude I’m getting there and I don’t I’m afraid although most of it is just trimming little bits off the mould so no mahout changes. Also the holes for the hazard button and lighter needs a bit of work as they were just too tight

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

lewis

Reaction score
Country
Instagram
@lewis_concannon
So I’ve picked myself up a hks afk and a evc 6 over the last few paydays but have never fitted anything like this before. I know I need to get a bung welded into my exhaust for the air fuel sensor and I’m fairly confident in wiring as i used to do a lot on my old triumph but never anything like this does anyone have any experience/tips they could give for where to get ignition power from ect or possibly someone who fancies giving up an evening to help out for a case of beer/pizza?

lewis

Reaction score
Country
Instagram
@lewis_concannon
Most recent developments include wiring in those afr gauge and boost controller as well as relocating the heater control to under the armrest. It’s fairly simply just takes a bit of Patience to solder the harness to extend it.

Take it out and split it apart from the main controls and the pcb board

There is one strip harness that needed extending between the two parts

Once I did that I marked up where I wanted the controls and found space under the head unit to leave the main pcb inside the plastic container

Once I had done that I cut a small recess out of the bottom of the cavity ran the cables through then used a small bit of Velcro to keep the controls in place!

Cess

Staff member
Instagram Staff
Reaction score
Country
That's a pretty neat mod. Also like the battery relocation.

lewis

Reaction score
Country
Instagram
@lewis_concannon
That’s man I thought it was pretty neat cause I can now have a double din and have a spot to put my gauges without having to stick them to my dash

Reaction score
Country
That’s man I thought it was pretty neat cause I can now have a double din and have a spot to put my gauges without having to stick them to my dash

I’m guessing you’re not a fan of putting gauges in the vents? I’m too lazy to move all that stuff so that’s where my AFR gauge is going haha. Looks like a smart job you did there though!

lewis

Reaction score
Country
Instagram
@lewis_concannon
No I am but my afr and boost controller are hks and look identical to the one in the image above so unless I cut up my dash they aren’t fitting in the vents and thank you I figured that would be the best place to put it so I can still reach it when I’m belted up. I will be looking for some Defi at some point to do vent gauges as well if my bank balance allows it

Reaction score
Country
Oh yeah, literally didn’t even see the picture

I got a Prosport gauge which I thought was quite nice. Can’t remember how much it cost but it’s good quality. 60mm too so fits perfect in the vent.

lewis

Reaction score
Country
Instagram
@lewis_concannon
Ah yeah those pro sport gauges look really good do you know how to fix them in place once you’ve taken the vent out?

Reaction score
Country
Well you still use the vent surround which will still clip into the dash, but the gauge itself (well mine at least) is a really nice snug fit in the vent surround so I’m just going to push it in and leave it. It’s snug enough that it won’t just fall out and it also means I don’t have to worry about the gauge being stuck in there should I need to remove it.

Reaction score
Country
Ah fair enough I’ve heard of people hot glueing them in and I didn’t fancy doing that

Forget that haha, not putting hot glue anywhere near my car. It’s not Blue Peter.

Reaction score
Country
if the gauges are 60mm then they fit in a treat and don't move around at all. I have an AEM wideband to fit but its 56mm so need to find a solution that isnt blue peter haha