What's new

My Dream S15

lewis

Reaction score
Country
Instagram
@lewis_concannon
Few things have been happening very slowly in the garage. This being one of them battery relocation using a gtr battery tray

It’s fits perfectly with some very minor modifications and wired into the trunk giving more room for my fmic that has also been done recently but I don’t have any photos of that yet.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reaction score
Country
That’s nifty that, did you have to drill any holes? If so was it much work? Where’d you get the tray from?

lewis

Reaction score
Country
Instagram
@lewis_concannon
hey and no amazingly there are two factory holes there behind some dampening stuff and they line up perfectly, almost as if they had thought about it then changed their minds. got the tray off jdm_nissanshop on ebay like £30

Reaction score
Country
Oh wow that’s awesome haha, how weird! Ah cool I’ve ordered stuff from them before, they’re pretty decent.

Are you going to fit the bit of carpet that was there back in?

lewis

Reaction score
Country
Instagram
@lewis_concannon
yeah I will soon just need to clean a few bits out then I'm probably going to get a bunch of stuff including the tray powder coated black make it a bit cleaner which made me think of painting the carpet black, possibly? Ive removed the rear seats as well so I'm trying to find someone who can like make some sort of carpet to go over where the rear bench was as well if you can think of anything or anyone that could help?

Reaction score
Country
Ah cool fair enough. Yeah the tray would look pretty smart in black! I’m pretty sure you can actually buy some sort of spray dye for fabrics - if you search up ChrisFix on YouTube and look at his Engine Bay Super Clean video or whatever it’s called he uses some dye product to make the sound insulation under the bonnet black again. I’d imagine that’d work on carpet too.

How come you removed the seats? Handy storage buckets

I’m afraid I’m not sure who could make something like that but I know you can buy car carpet stuff on eBay - people use it to finish speaker boxes and custom jobs in camper vans and such, it can’t be too hard to DIY it.

lewis

Reaction score
Country
Instagram
@lewis_concannon
Yeah there are a few brackets in the bay that I want doing at the same time so Figured might as well till I know everything works before spraying it all, made that mistake before. Took them out because they are weight and ugly plus for what I wanna do they won't go, you're right great for storage but its not my daily so no need for storage got the stage for that.

Reaction score
Country
Yeah probably the best move.

Ah fair enough - gonna stick some massive subs and TVs in there eh?

Reaction score
Country
Few things have been happening very slowly in the garage. This being one of them battery relocation using a gtr battery tray

It’s fits perfectly with some very minor modifications and wired into the trunk giving more room for my fmic that has also been done recently but I don’t have any photos of that yet.

looks awesome dude, although i would strongly recommend you box the battery, they give off some nasty nasty chemicals

Reaction score
Country
God that show was cringe when you look back at it haha

Last edited:

lewis

Reaction score
Country
Instagram
@lewis_concannon
looks awesome dude, although i would strongly recommend you box the battery, they give off some nasty nasty chemicals
Hey dude thanks but this is a self contained battery so doesn't need to be vented or anything so I think that will be fine in the boot?

God that show was cringe when you look back at it haha
Absolutely dude terrible.

lewis

Reaction score
Country
Instagram
@lewis_concannon
Blitz Front mount all finally bolted up and looking fresh although took her for a quick test drive and seems to be a bit lacking in boost I’ve gone through all the clamps and hoses ect everything seems to be fitted tight and no leaks? It’s now running around 0.6 bar before it was between 0.7-0.9
Maybe my boost gauge has issues as the needle did jump around a bit?

Reaction score
Country
Instagram
@Peglio13
May well be , stock boost is .6 so it should be higher than that . Assume it’s not been mapped etc

Sent from Big Bear Kustoms Ltd using tapatalk

lewis

Reaction score
Country
Instagram
@lewis_concannon
No hasn’t been mapped or anything yet just saving up for a manifold and downpipe before that plus I need a stand-alone cause it’s just stock ecu atm although I do have a boost controller waiting to go in

Reaction score
Country
Instagram
@Peglio13
Depends how far you’re planning to go as if you’re just doing bolt ons and keeping it under 400hp nistune is more than good enough .

Sent from Big Bear Kustoms Ltd using tapatalk