What's new

Mike.'s S15 Silvia Spec Rb

Mike.

Reaction score
Country
Instagram
@Mike_urk
With all of this good weather recently I got round to fitting some of the parts I've accumulated over the winter

Clear side indicators for a r34 skyline fitted with a little bit of modification.

Cusco catch can

Polished power steering reservoir cover

Carbon fibre intake plenum cover

A defi tacho to replace the massive one the car came with

Carbon fibre cooling panel

I also fitted some new boost hoses and jubilee clips and what a difference it's made to my car. She spools up better and isn't so jerky to drive so I obviously had a boost leak I never knew about!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reaction score
Country
Indicators look smart. When you say "little bit of modification"..?

Mike.

Reaction score
Country
Instagram
@Mike_urk
Indicators look smart. When you say "little bit of modification"..?
There was a removable clip on the back I had to file down to make it clip into the wing correctly and replaced the plug on the car with spade connectors but that was it. Well worth the 24 quid saving over the nismo ones

Keifer1903

Instagram Staff
Reaction score
Country
Looking amazing man. I'll get a good look around it Sunday at knockhill.

Reaction score
Country
There was a removable clip on the back I had to file down to make it clip into the wing correctly and replaced the plug on the car with spade connectors but that was it. Well worth the 24 quid saving over the nismo ones
Ah awesome that's good to know. The Nismo ones are a rip-off..

Mike.

Reaction score
Country
Instagram
@Mike_urk
This is gorgeous. Love the carbon fibre intake plenum

Sent from my SM-G925F using Tapatalk
Thanks mate I have fancied one for ages but they like hens teeth to find haha

Ah awesome that's good to know. The Nismo ones are a rip-off..
Too right they are, I noticed on the add for them that they fitted r34's too so took the chance and bought skyline ones for less than half the price

Mike.

Reaction score
Country
Instagram
@Mike_urk
Got my nrg short steering hub and quick release fitted now too

Is it bad I'm thinking of getting more gauges? Haha

Mike.

Reaction score
Country
Instagram
@Mike_urk
Not really much to update, been enjoying driving her and attending some shows. Was good to meet a few of you at japfest, here's some photos of the weekend.

Last weekend I attended japday at Knockhill and I won Best modified car of the show so I was happy with that!

Mike.

Reaction score
Country
Instagram
@Mike_urk
Well I've not updated this in a while and I have made a few changes to my car that might not appeal to everyone but I love it and that's what matters. I will start off on the little things first. Some nice silver indicator bulbs for the rear.

Fitted some blue bride bucket seats which I think totally transform the interior

Now onto the biggest change, if you follow me on Instagram (mike_urk) you will already have seen this but I have fitted air ride to my S15. I made this decision after my front coilovers started to leak very badly and clunk so it was time for an upgrade. I have wanted air for a long time and after doing lots of research I decided to go for the Airlift Performance 3p kit. The build quality on everything is amazing!

When it arrived it was very well packaged.

Now onto fitting it, I decided I still wanted to be able to use my boot so everything was strategically placed to leave me with a decent sized boot still. I ran the airlines inside the car so the didn't get caught on anything underneath the car, I used bits of hose to protect the airlines from any sharp edges.

I gave the arches a quick clean while the car was jacked up, I really need to underseal the car soon though as it still looks fresh underneath and I want to keep it that way.

Reaction score
Country
I did in fact see this on Instagram - looks awesome aired out! How does it handle now compared to coilovers?

That Bride material in blue looks cool.

Mike.

Reaction score
Country
Instagram
@Mike_urk
The bags/struts were a direct replacement so it was only a matter of a few bolts to take off the old ones and fit the new ones.

A few of the boot after connecting up all of the airlines.

Then it was time to lower it off of the axle stands and admire my work. The amount of lift surprised me, I should be able to tackle any speed bump now.

Not bad fitment for lowering it down for the first time.

Still going to play about with the settings/fitment yet but what a transformation. The car handles great, just like it is on coilovers but isn't as harsh. Bumps in the road aren't as painful anymore

Finally a few photos from a show I attended at the weekend

Mike.

Reaction score
Country
Instagram
@Mike_urk
I did in fact see this on Instagram - looks awesome aired out! How does it handle now compared to coilovers?

That Bride material in blue looks cool.
Thanks mate, it won't be to everyone's taste but I think it looks awesome aired out haha in all honesty I think it handles just as good as coilovers. I've only had it fitted a few days so still waiting on a decent dry day to really push it but so far I am very impressed. They have adjustable dampening on them too so that helps

Reaction score
Country
Ah that's cool, I wasn't aware that was even a feature with air ride although thinking about it now I can't see why not.

I have this image in my head that air ride is all floaty and wallow-ey but that's probably because the only thing I have experience of close to air ride is a Citroen

Mike.

Reaction score
Country
Instagram
@Mike_urk
Ah that's cool, I wasn't aware that was even a feature with air ride although thinking about it now I can't see why not.

I have this image in my head that air ride is all floaty and wallow-ey but that's probably because the only thing I have experience of close to air ride is a Citroen
If you got in my car and you never knew it was on air you'd never tell. I think older air suspension was like that but with the new management you get it's totally different.

Citroen suspension is no comparison haha

Reaction score
Country
That's cool then! At least you can get over speed bumps a bit easier now.

You ever been in a 2CV? You can practically tip it over on its side with all 4 wheels still on the ground. I don't think it's actually possible to roll the damn things over haha!

Mike.

Reaction score
Country
Instagram
@Mike_urk
Yeah it helps with it being my daily.

No I can't say I have ever been in one but I have seen them at a fair angle haha

Mike.

Reaction score
Country
Instagram
@Mike_urk
So a couple months back I entered my car into a jimmy up competition to get it onto a t-shirt and won. The t-shirt arrived the other day and it's awesome!