What's new

バカじゃないの Bakajanaino spec s

Reaction score
Country
hey y'all. while on my last trip to japan seeing all the awesome cars over there i decided i was definately gonna buy an s15. been a long time coming. i've had numerous s bodies in the past, rx7's, skylines, datsuns... all sorts of rwd japanese tin. never been flush enough for a 15 but prices were agreeable and i found one that had really bad pics, enough to put most people off it seems. bit of a haggle later and it was within my budget. i hoped to go see it while i was out there but couldnt get a mutual time to meet the trader at the yard... on the day i got back to the uk i payed for it and waited the long wait for it to arrive. i picked it up a couple of weeks ago. as i knew from the auction sheet and pics, it was a bit rough so i was prepared for a dog. got to southampton docks with a full jerry can and jump leads ready to haul it onto the rented truck. to my joy it started and drove on. bodywork was not as bad as i thought. initial inspection saw the chassis and underbody was absolutely mint and straight. result. the damage to the body was not half as bad as expected. easy fix.
DSC_0042 by shifty biscuits, on Flickr
DSC_0044 by shifty biscuits, on Flickr
DSC_0045 by shifty biscuits, on Flickr
DSC_0047 by shifty biscuits, on Flickr
DSC_0051 by shifty biscuits, on Flickr
DSC_0059 by shifty biscuits, on Flickr
DSC_0060 by shifty biscuits, on Flickr

to my suprise (listed in the auctions as a 5 speed) it has a 6 speed box fitted. mint. interior was filthy, deep clean was first on the cards. found all kinds of manky grot in the car. while cleaning it i discovered head rest monitors. wtf haha.
DSC_0062 by shifty biscuits, on Flickr

Last edited:
Reaction score
Country
had a good look over it. got the mot done. rear wheel bearing had some play but fixed that.. cleaning... some jdm/ukdm stickers on for good measure...

DSC_0065 by shifty biscuits, on Flickr
DSC_0066 by shifty biscuits, on Flickr
DSC_0068 by shifty biscuits, on Flickr
DSC_0076 by shifty biscuits, on Flickr
DSC_0073 by shifty biscuits, on Flickr
DSC_0077 by shifty biscuits, on Flickr
started fitting a nardi... i think i need to invest in a proper boss kit. damn up garage nagoya were out of s15 bosses so i gotta pay uk prices. not cheap... grrr.
DSC_0079 by shifty biscuits, on Flickr
DSC_0080 by shifty biscuits, on Flickr

got the parcel shelf clean, fitted infinity rear speakers, alpines up front. no stereo as yet.. removed the rear seats to clean the interior up, not gonna fit them until i finish dressing the damaged quarter out, i should be able to get it pretty much bang on with minimal filler work, metal is not stretched or creased too badly. the car will be straight again...

Reaction score
Country
a mate was breaking his s14. i lucked out and got a major haul off him for decent money. set of cs2 coilovers, powder coated rear subframe with solid bushes, solid diff bushes, polybushed rear knuckles, full rear driftworks arms, polybushed front lower arms, polybushed front tension rods, spare hubs and knuckles, front x member...
DSC_0086 by shifty biscuits, on Flickr
DSC_0087 by shifty biscuits, on Flickr
DSC_0089 by shifty biscuits, on Flickr

Reaction score
Country
started on the front end. seam sealed every area that normally gets nasty on uk nissans (all was completely mint so cleaned and brushed the dirt off :D ) then tetraschutz the arches. no way im letting this car end up like the ones i have had before. i may be a welder but i detest welding rusty cars..
cs2's fitted up on the front. stock tension rod bushes were shot to sheeeet so the poly ones went on.
DSC_0100 by shifty biscuits, on Flickr
DSC_0090 by shifty biscuits, on Flickr
DSC_0091 by shifty biscuits, on Flickr
DSC_0092 by shifty biscuits, on Flickr
DSC_0093 by shifty biscuits, on Flickr
DSC_0094 by shifty biscuits, on Flickr
DSC_0095 by shifty biscuits, on Flickr
DSC_0096 by shifty biscuits, on Flickr
DSC_0097 by shifty biscuits, on Flickr
on with the rims, 17x9 et25. fit the front perfectly, i will roll the arch lip up but dont want to flare it.
DSC_0098 by shifty biscuits, on Flickr
DSC_0099 by shifty biscuits, on Flickr
DSC_0101 by shifty biscuits, on Flickr

Reaction score
Country
figured i would chance the rain and whip the rear subframe out... gamble didnt pay off. paying for a garage and working outside is really annoying. got er done though. exhaust off, prop off, brakes and cables off and it plopped out quick enough, then it rained a lot. that was pants... hit the underside areas you cant normally get to with the sealer and schutz... i'll do the sills and floors when i get it on a ramp.
DSC_0102 by shifty biscuits, on Flickr
DSC_0103 by shifty biscuits, on Flickr
DSC_0104 by shifty biscuits, on Flickr
DSC_0105 by shifty biscuits, on Flickr
DSC_0106 by shifty biscuits, on Flickr
DSC_0107 by shifty biscuits, on Flickr
DSC_0108 by shifty biscuits, on Flickr
rain got worse...
DSC_0109 by shifty biscuits, on Flickr
made some space and pulled the subframes inside, mate freddie turned up to offer help and moral support, just in time i was getting the hump haha.
whipped the diff out, opened it up because i had suspiscions it was a 2 way, bit of research says its cusco. hell yes!!! another sweet suprise...
DSC_0110 by shifty biscuits, on Flickr
no more pics as it was getting late/dark/frantic but we got the bits swapped over and it all bolted back up. parked it up for the night and went and got drunk as hell. swish...

Reaction score
Country
Reaction score
Country
Instagram
@Peglio13
Nice work dude , are you putting anything on the metal before Seam sealer ie epoxy primer ? Just ask as every car I have seen with Seam sealer is always rusty under the sealer ! Coming together and wheels defo suit it . What kit do you have for it ?

Reaction score
Country
no i have not re primed it, the metal is coated as it came out of the factory, i think it should be ok as it was really clean and dry when i started on it. im going to waxoil the car when the repairs are done so hopefully all the preventative measures should keep the english salt and crap weather at bay. i may get it on track at some point when its all up and together... i hope to keep this one haha.

Reaction score
Country
i got hold of a pretty busted up monkey magic front bumper a while back, been slowly doing the repairs on it at work between jobs. nearly there just got to flat the primer and its ready for paint. for now its loosely fitted to keep it out of the way. got to do some minor repairs on the (vertex style?) skirts and rear bumper i have then get them prepped and test fitted too.
mm4 by shifty biscuits, on Flickr
mm3 by shifty biscuits, on Flickr
mm2 by shifty biscuits, on Flickr
mm1 by shifty biscuits, on Flickr
mm by shifty biscuits, on Flickr
DSC_0158 by shifty biscuits, on Flickr
DSC_0157 by shifty biscuits, on Flickr
DSC_0155 by shifty biscuits, on Flickr
DSC_0153 by shifty biscuits, on Flickr

got my drivers seat fitted. i hate making seat rails. nissan floors are such a pain in the arse... anyway, its not the lowest but it wasnt going to go any lower so it is what it is. not too bad, i should get in with a helmet if i ever need to.

DSC_0146 by shifty biscuits, on Flickr
DSC_0145 by shifty biscuits, on Flickr
DSC_0144 by shifty biscuits, on Flickr
DSC_0148 by shifty biscuits, on Flickr
DSC_0150 by shifty biscuits, on Flickr

Last edited:
Reaction score
Country
been fairly busy recently. i drove the car to work and set about getting the few dents straightened out and in primer. i then stripped and prepped it for paint. doors wings bonnet and boot came off to do the insides and shuts. the boss then kindly layed the paint down. we then bolted it back together ready for the outside to get a final flat and paint. i bought a much less mangled stock front bumper off a member on here so that could be painted up easily. mirrors and bumpers were the only bits done off the car, its mazda soul red 3 stage paint so to get the panels matching it was decided to paint it assembled. looks amazing in the sunlight, could not be happier with the colour.

DSC_0211 by shifty biscuits, on Flickr
DSC_0210 by shifty biscuits, on Flickr
DSC_0209 by shifty biscuits, on Flickr
DSC_0212 by shifty biscuits, on Flickr
DSC_0214 by shifty biscuits, on Flickr
DSC_0220 by shifty biscuits, on Flickr
DSC_0223 by shifty biscuits, on Flickr
DSC_0224 by shifty biscuits, on Flickr
DSC_0225 by shifty biscuits, on Flickr
DSC_0226 by shifty biscuits, on Flickr

Reaction score
Country
first coat going on...
DSC_0228 by shifty biscuits, on Flickr
top coat
DSC_0230 by shifty biscuits, on Flickr
fitting up a few bits
DSC_0236 by shifty biscuits, on Flickr
DSC_0240 by shifty biscuits, on Flickr
quick cut n polish brought the lights up lovely..
DSC_0241 by shifty biscuits, on Flickr
last bits in the booth..
DSC_0246 by shifty biscuits, on Flickr
DSC_0247 by shifty biscuits, on Flickr
oh dayum!!
DSC_0250 by shifty biscuits, on Flickr
DSC_0254 by shifty biscuits, on Flickr
DSC_0256 by shifty biscuits, on Flickr
DSC_0258 by shifty biscuits, on Flickr
DSC_0260 by shifty biscuits, on Flickr
DSC_0263 by shifty biscuits, on Flickr
DSC_0268 by shifty biscuits, on Flickr

Reaction score
Country
also finally got the tracking done, fitted a proper steering boss and installed my head unit.
been for a decent drive in it this weekend and i must say it sounds awesome but damn its slow..... not for much longer though hahaha.