What's new

Spec S to 3a SR DET (pic heavy)

Reaction score
Country
i have to confess mine was done at mates rates. i think SteveCRC does them for around £100 for harness as does Norfy (both on SXOC)...possibly less the PTU bypass (something S15 engines don't have) the coils are £100 from AwesomeGTI

Reaction score
Country
Instagram
@kwalker88
Thanks. Will give them a shout!

Cars looking awesome, deffo prefer the darker centre on the wheels!

Reaction score
Country
Out of curiosity who is doing your loom conversion and how much is that setting you back?

Top work so far!

Reaction score
Country
Main engine loom?

That was was done by Jack Tonkin (on here) and Cost around £300 from memory

the VAG loom was done by Norfy (on SXOC, who can also do the main engine loom too)

Reaction score
Country
after being royally cocked about by a JDM wheels supplier, I've given up on buying a second hand set of decent wheels.

iIve always wanted SSR Koenigs but after 2x sets arriving and not being fit for purpose and the reality is i won't find a brand new set for less than circa 3-4K

so I've bought another set of wheels anyway, cheap i know and again no to everyones taste...

Reaction score
Country
Damn, those wheels do look very good. They're XXRs? Fitment looks spot on!

S15AK

Reaction score
Country
Looks just as good mate, don't worry about not being JDM, a wheel is a wheel at the end of the day, its round... :) spend the extra saved on other mods..

Reaction score
Country
thought I'd update this as its changed (mainly under the skin) a fair amount.

well after converting to DET I had literally 2 years of problems, basically the engine was running lean..very lean...like AFR's of 13s on boost

It turns out a loom (which i suspected all along but was assured there was nothing wrong with it) turned out to be the problem, it was made at great expense (approx 3x times what I was quoted by the guy i originally wanted to do it) only to be cold shouldered towards the end as he felt his work wasn't wrong...but this was after having to buy a new engine.

given the new engine was a Spec R lump it made sense to rip everything out and start again.

so in went a Spec R loom, plugged everything in and hey it worked its not running lean anymore and can safely wind up the boost to 1.4bar.

so all good, however i had had XXR wheels which were a compromise last minute desperation thing but i hated them from day 1.

made the best of what i had whilst i continued to search

Then as luck would have it a year later to the day after being let down massively by JDM Distro (twice i might add) late one night i saw someone had changed their wheels...SSR Koenigs.

Turns out he hadn't got as far as creating a for sale ad yet, but we struck a deal I drove up near Glasgow and picked them up

:) some of you might know where these came from...

Ive since added a DMax boot spoiler, and have a roof one waiting to be painted, along with a JDM DC5 lip spoiler if i ever get round to doing anything with it.

Last edited:
Reaction score
Country
Been worth it in the end though, the car looks awesome and I’m guessing it goes awesome now too!

Reaction score
Country
The fitment are fairly good,
F 9x18 et35 but I have to run a 25mm spacer to clear the brakes and for cosmetics.
R 10x18 et35 but with a 6mm spacer again for cosmetics.

yeah it goes fairly well I’ve actually been able to dial in the boost much stronger than I used to have it on my old 14a so that it itself makes it feel quicker anyway.