What's new

After 18 months of lusting, I now own a Blue S15 Spec R!

Reaction score
Country
I now own a Blue S15 Spec R!

Hi all!

I've been lusting after a S15 Spec R for what feels like an eternity now - but now I finally own one :D

I first started bidding on them in Japan through Torque GT in 2014 but the right car didn't surface and I got sidetracked by a few other Jap motors (R32 GTR, Supra, RX7, S14A). I bagged myself some awesome cars but none really ticked all the boxes asides from the S14A... but, it was green - and no matter how much I tried to kid myself I was still lusting after an S15.

So fast forward to March and I'm back in the position to buy the car I should have bought 18 months ago. Requirements in an ideal world were full aero and either blue, red or yellow with low mileage. I spotted this advert in the classified section:

http://forum.s15oc.com/threads/15294-forsale-s15

Blue - Tick!
Low miles - 63K backed up with a crazy amount of receipts, MOT's and Bimta certificate, tick!
Aero - Skirts and spats, near as damn it tick!
Bonus bits - BC coilovers, Nistune mapped by ProTuner, 3" exhaust, Tomei manifold, Tomei down pipe, Defi gauges, Rays wheels, ABFlug carbon splitter, C's short shifter, carbon gear surround, brand new headlights/rearlights, alarm, FMIC, Gizmo boost controller, half leather retrim etc - Massive TICK!

I went to view, fell in love, it clearly met all my requirements and had plenty of mods I was budgeting for already done so went back the following day and shall be collecting this week. I cannot wait! :D:D:D

Future plans will be a deep clean, wheel change, aero front bumper, change the front seats and take it on the 2200 mile road trip I have planned for this June/July to Monaco, Spa and the Nurburgring!

p.s I do hope the previous owner doesn't mind me posting up but I'm really, really excited to go and fetch it!

Last edited:
Reaction score
Country
Instagram
@Peglio13
Lovely motor mate! Do love them in blue . Just wonder if the same rich I am talking to about work xd9's?

Reaction score
Country
So, on Wednesday evening I finally picker her up and I have to say that Anthony (the seller) was an absolute pleasure to deal with throughout. The car is much better than my expectations and I was genuinely surprised at just how much power it has and how well it drives. The cosmetic condition, much like the under-body, is extremely good too! I am very, very happy :D

Also worth noting that it came with an absolute abundance of history including 11 services over 62K miles, 3 original Nissan keys, all the book packs, receipts for literally everything and a Honda Accord Tourer full of spare parts!

Anyway, some pictures!

Keifer1903

Instagram Staff
Reaction score
Country
Looks amaizing! Nice of the seller to give you all spare parts aswell

S15 Spec R

Reaction score
Country
enjoy her Rich and good luck with the trip you have planned.Also E J ill be at the next one in a 370z gt pearl white /pics to put up soon:nod:

Lil SpecR

Reaction score
Website
www.ejmcarphotography.co.uk
Country
Instagram
@lil_ej_x
enjoy her Rich and good luck with the trip you have planned.Also E J ill be at the next one in a 370z gt pearl white /pics to put up soon:nod:
Not the one that was there last time??!! :-o that was pearl, supercharged and left me a bit weak at the knees haha (fortunately Yuki couldn't see me!!)

Sent from my D6603 using Tapatalk

Reaction score
Country
Welcome! She's proper tidy she came along to a local meet last month so I had a nose around, looks like i'm back to being the only S15 at that event again haha!
I may attend, where is it? and thanks, she's in phenomenal condition for the age - just needs a wheel refurb and the calipers painting really. However it is off to have the engine bay painted/tidied up next week and I've just spent a fortune in new hoses, clips and bolts for the engine bay too.

Looks amaizing! Nice of the seller to give you all spare parts aswell

S15 Spec R
Very good of him indeed, now I just need to sift through them haha!

Cheers mate, again, it's been a pleasure to deal with you :)

Lil SpecR

Reaction score
Website
Country
Instagram
@lil_ej_x
It's at the Bleeding Wolf in Congleton, it's monthly so don't worry if you can't make if, especially as it's probably a trek for you!... I'm in two minds to get my wheels refurbed to see if I can get them done before japfest so I might not be going in the Silvia this month yet :)

bzh kevin

Reaction score
Country
Nice one :thumbs: It looks really clean .

I wish I bought a blue one now !

Reaction score
Country
It's at the Bleeding Wolf in Congleton, it's monthly so don't worry if you can't make if, especially as it's probably a trek for you!... I'm in two minds to get my wheels refurbed to see if I can get them done before japfest so I might not be going in the Silvia this month yet :)

Okay, cheers for the heads up. I will try and pop along to it next month hopefully. When is it held?

Will the wheels be done pre Japfest now?

Reaction score
Country
Stripped the front end down and sent her off for paintwork in the engine bay last Saturday. It had some very minor surface rust around 1.5" in diameter under the paint where the clips come through the engine bay side of the inner wheel arches. I've seen this on a few S15's now and because the rest of the car is in such good condition it seemed only right to get it sorted immediately :)

Lil SpecR

Reaction score
Website
Country
Instagram
@lil_ej_x
Okay, cheers for the heads up. I will try and pop along to it next month hopefully. When is it held?

Will the wheels be done pre Japfest now?
They bloody best be they're my only wheels :-o Haha provided there are no set backs they should be done just in time!!
The next ones 8th May iirc :)

Reaction score
Country
They bloody best be they're my only wheels :-o Haha provided there are no set backs they should be done just in time!!
The next ones 8th May iirc :)

Awesome! :D Look forward to seeing the car!

Okay, I shall try and make that one then. What time do they meet?

Reaction score
Country
Small update from the body shop. I took this picture earlier this morning as I popped down to remove the wiper arms and scuttle panel (one arm was well stuck on and they didn't want to risk damaging it so I removed it using a wiper arm puller). She should return tomorrow painted and then it's a hurry to get it back together pre-Japfest!

Reaction score
Country
So, the engine bay is back together although I still have lots of bits to finish in there. It's an improvement anyway!

Also, managed to take her out for a 360 mile road trip last Sunday where she performed beautifully.