What's new

Spec S project

Reaction score
Country
This is my first project thread. Had a fair few Japanese cars over the years and although I've loved them they were always modified when I bought them.
So I've finally bought a standard car which I plan to build up from scratch.
I imported this in Feb a standard spec S (apart from uprated clutch and diff)

Sent from my HUAWEI GRA-L09 using Tapatalk

Reaction score
Country
I had my heart set on some Cosmis XT206r wheels a few months earlier and bought a set not realising just how wide the offset would be (they don't do much of a choice!!).

I had to make them work and after looking at hundreds of s15 pictures I decided overfenders really aren't for me. Don't know why but personally just couldn't find a kit that I thought looked good. I decided on a arch extension and found these on ebay, some brand new do luck ones.
Really good fit and quality as you would expect and a bargain compared to what they cost the guy I bought them off.

Also bought through this forum some fibre glass rear spats and side skirts and some bargain front wings (knight racer ones and am a bit nervous to see how they fit, I have used them before and not overly impressed)

Reaction score
Country
Spent last weekend cutting up my perfectly good rear arches !!

All welded and sealed up, I'm feeling it's a bit drastic but am hoping it's going to look good once the rest of the kit and wheels are on.

Spent today fitting these

Reaction score
Country
Anyway this is where I'm up to so far. The skirts and spats and wings have been painted today and will be ready to collect on Tuesday so will crack on fitting them next week.

Engine wise I decided on a mega low mileage straight cam SR20DET from JDM Garage I've plenty bodywork bits to do first so this will have to wait and I also need a fair few bits to go with it, ECU, loom, intercooler etc etc

Anyway I have a gravel drive and the pallet truck couldnt make it in the drive so I had to improvise !!

Reaction score
Country
Test fitted the body kit. Still needs removing and bonding on but all fits nicely apart from the knight Racer wings !!.

Reaction score
Country
Thanks I'm happy with it so far just ordered some origin front wings today.

For the rear spats 2 screws through the wheel arch side into the bumper and one up through the back into the bumper and also used a small bead of sikaflex where it touches the bumper.
For the side skirts I just used screws and speed nuts from the wheel arch side (front holes are already there) and then I drilled a couple holes in the bottom of the sill and used rivnuts with some bolts and washers. I still need to take these off and bond them on as well yet

Sent from my Hudl 2 using Tapatalk

Reaction score
Country
265 35 rear and currently 245 40 18 front. I am happy with the rear although I'm not sure on the front yet I will wait to see how it looks with the new front wings on

Lil SpecR

Reaction score
Website
www.ejmcarphotography.co.uk
Country
Instagram
@lil_ej_x
Looking great! Nice work with the arches :)
Good on you for taking on your own project, this is what I do with cars, I love buying something as stock as possible and putting my own mark on it, gives you such a proud feeling :)

Reaction score
Country
Thanks, good luck with yours looking good. Just trying to stay focused and find the time to get it done full time work and 2 sprogs but at least were starting to get some light at night now

Lil SpecR

Reaction score
Website
www.ejmcarphotography.co.uk
Country
Instagram
@lil_ej_x
Thanks, good luck with yours looking good. Just trying to stay focused and find the time to get it done full time work and 2 sprogs but at least were starting to get some light at night now

Thanks :) and I totally get what you mean, it's so hard finding time when you work full-time, I've got a little toddler myself and another on the way too but at least with summer coming like you said, we're getting the light on our side :D

Sent from my D6603 using Tapatalk

Reaction score
Country
Finally decided on suspension and went for some tein flex Z.
Originally bought some new HSDs to use while waiting for these.
No stock in the UK so got them direct from Japan. Arrived this morning..

Reaction score
Country
In between working full time and attending to two very needy sprogs i managed to pull this lump out. Much easier then expected.
Out she comes

Reaction score
Country
Probably give it a clean and a jetwash whilst out.
Loom needs to come out and be made into one with the straight cam loom.
Lots of bits on the way this week hope to have it going back in weekend after next.
Earned myself a beer after that..

Reaction score
Country
i know it is, Im waiting on my pal to pull his finger out as we are doing it all at his garage...pl;us I'm waiting on a few parts to arrive first, not long though..at least thats what i hope