Lil EJ's Lil Spec R Aero - "Yuki"

Lil SpecR

Reaction score
Website
www.ejmcarphotography.co.uk
Country
Instagram
@lil_ej_x
Hello! So, a quick intro - I'm Esta (EJ) and I live in Stoke on Trent.
I am now the proud owner of this lovely S15 Spec R Aero! (I've named her Yuki)

Ive always loved 90s Jap cars and a few years ago I purchased a Mitsi FTO GPX for my daily driver. Unfortunately my commute went from 80 to 180 miles a day so my FTO had to go and a sensible diseasal was purchased.
As fab as my daily is, Im not a hatch back girl at all, so I gave my sensible head the middle finger and decided to get a weekend car all for myself :D
I had 3 cars in mind, R33 GTR V-Spec, Supra RZ and of course the S15. TBH the interiors of the Skyline and the Supra do NOTHING for me, whereas the Silvia ticked every box, I personally think they are beautiful and I love the interiors!
So, thats when I got in touch with Torque GT, and I asked them to find me a suitable specced car in Japan (always wanted to find my own fresh import!) So long as it was a high grade and in red, white or yellow with fairly low miles I would be happy - I missed out initially on a red one, but then I was quickly found a stunning white one, which in all fairness was probably the better thing for me cus 99% of my cars have been red haha!
Anyway here she is as I picked her up finally from Torque GT yesterday morning! In the 4 months to sort I'd managed not to tell any of my friends so it was a "ta-da" photo for Facebook so excuse the silly pose lol!

It was also horrible weather yesterday, couldn't have picked a worse day, high winds and probably the heaviest rain I've ever driven in, so today as it's looking like a bright day I will be cleaning her up and hopefully later will have some lovely photos to share with you all! I really am impressed with her, looks and performance, I had never driven an S15 and yesterdays several hundred miles in her gave me the biggest smile ever :)
Here's a pic of her visiting my brother in Somerset on the way home from Torque GT, he has the Cappuccino, and the husbands M3 that took me to fetch her :) She's parked on the flattest part I could safely leave her haha!

A bit about her:
She was bought with 80K miles on the clock, grade 4B and the following options:
HIDs (factory)
RAYs gramlights 57 Pro 2004MY 18" alloys
BC coilovers (apparently like new)
1 Recaro seat
Wind deflectors (factory)
Apex Exhaust

Currently I have a list as long as my arm of things I will be doing to this car, I love putting my own mark on my cars; but as a second car, and one I intend to keep till I die, it will all be done over a long period of time - Ill keep this post updated!

Anyway thats a hell of an intro so sorry for the rambling! Hopefully meet some of you at some events or meets in the future! Stoke people be sure to let me know if there is anything local happening :D

Yuki's build list!
CAME WITH
* Blitz MSTT
* HIDs (factory)
* RAYs gramlights 57 Pro 2004MY 18" alloys
* BC coilovers (apparently like new)
* 1 Recaro seat
* Wind deflectors (factory)
* Apex Exhaust & bung/muffler
* Aftermarket front anti roll bar (brand currently unknown, green)
* Aftermarket rear anti roll bar (brand currently unknown, green)
* JIC Magic front strut brace
FITTED
* HKS SSQV4 BOV - dumping to atmosphere...Feb 2016
* Tegiwa coilover socks...Feb 2016
* Apex muffler removed...Feb 2016
* DC2 Recaro front seats...Feb 2016 *REMOVED Jun 17 (Too large imo for S15 interior)
* Toad AI606 + exterior proxy...Feb 2016
* Custom carbon fibre effect gear gaiter with red stitching...Mar 2016
* Momo Quark Red steering wheel and HKB Boss...Apr 2016
* Calipers painted blue...Apr 2016
* Wheels refurbed (polished with candy red spokes)...Apr 2016
* Engine Torque Damper...Apr 2016 *REMOVED - rattled like fook
* Japspeed downpipe...Jul 18
* Japspeed sports cat...Jul 18
* Japspeed turbo elbow...Jul 18
* Copper turbo gaskets...Jul 18
* HEL turbo braided lines (all 3)...Jul 18

Last edited:
Reaction score
Country
Instagram
@langers2511
Saw that S15 when I picked mine up last week, very nice especially with the wheels.

Sent from my D6603 using Tapatalk

S15_SAM

NisSam
Reaction score
Country
Congratulations! Lovely looking car straight out the JDM box!! First thing to do is get some rust protection into the sills and get some dinitrol 4941 wax underneath it. That will keep it minty fresh for decades!

Lil SpecR

Reaction score
Website
Country
Instagram
@lil_ej_x
Congratulations! Lovely looking car straight out the JDM box!! First thing to do is get some rust protection into the sills and get some dinitrol 4941 wax underneath it. That will keep it minty fresh for decades!
Thank you :)
Ahhh already done! Torque do a basic Dinitrol treatment as part of the price, and Ive paid the extra £200 to have the full pre-D treatment and additional rust protection!

Looks great, big fan of the wheels and I have the ssqv as well, sounds great.
Thanks! I wasnt sure of the wheels at first, the auction photo did them no justice, but when I saw them in the dock photos I fell in love! Can't wait to hear the SSQV fitted to mine :D

looks amazing that does! bet your mega happy!
Thank you! Honestly I am over the moon, the neighbours have been to have a nose as well, except they all think she's my husbands lol!

Also just been out and washed and polished her, discovered a load of BC paperwork and the spanners in the boot, then in the glovebox found the locking wheel nut key, CD remote and a shed load of other paperwork too, including the original handbook, some Japanese papers and info on the Apex exhaust! So I know what exhaust she has now! Going to nose thro the paperwork in more detail tonight but now Im just having a quick brew to warm myself up and then I am off to get photos!!

Lil SpecR

Reaction score
Website
Country
Instagram
@lil_ej_x
Thanks for all the nice comments guys!
Unfortunately it started raining after I had detailed her so didn't get a chance to take any proper photos, but I got this snap on my phone!

So I went inside and went through all the paperwork I found in her glovebox - took me all of 2 minutes as I don't read Japanese ... :rotfl:

Keifer1903

Instagram Staff
Reaction score
Country
Looks amazing! im now tempted to get a white bonnet instead of my carbon one as that looks mega clean!

Lil SpecR

Reaction score
Website
Country
Instagram
@lil_ej_x
Looks amazing! im now tempted to get a white bonnet instead of my carbon one as that looks mega clean!
Thanks very much Keifer! Funnily enough my plans were CF bonnet but then I was like "but it looks sooooo good all white!" then i lifted the bonnet myself and was like, no im definitely going carbon! ;)
Seriously tho thanks for the nice comment, god I love the S15 its so damn sexy in and out!!! <3

Reaction score
Country
Instagram
@Peglio13
Certainly is ! Ha ha I have had mine over 6 years now I think. Still love it as much, if not more, than that first week! Sure the feeling won't fade enjoy

Lil SpecR

Reaction score
Website
Country
Instagram
@lil_ej_x
Awww that's lovely :)
I've got a good feeling it won't fade either :) I've bought her to keep her and tune her over many many years and not being a daily means I build up excitement over the week and it's like a new car every weekend haha ;)

Sent from my D6603 using Tapatalk

Reaction score
Country
Instagram
@Peglio13
Lil EJ's Lil Spec R Aero - &quot;Yuki&quot;

Ha ha exactly that ! It's how I have gone about mine too . Slowly building it up over time until now ( when it's basically exactly what I have always wanted ) look forward to seeing you put your own stamp on this
It's the only car I have owned that puts a smile on my face every time