Lil EJ's Lil Spec R Aero - "Yuki"

Lil SpecR

Reaction score
Website
www.ejmcarphotography.co.uk
Country
Instagram
@lil_ej_x
Looks amazing! red seats really set it off! Whats parked behind it in that last photo?
Thanks! I think white always looks nice with a second subtle colour just to add a little theme and make it look a little less monotone.
That would be the husbands E46 M3!

Sent from my D6603 using Tapatalk

Reaction score
Country
mines a oem bumper with a Abflug splitter/diffuser. I don't do facebook and ill be there next month hopfully :wave:

Lil SpecR

Reaction score
Website
Country
Instagram
@lil_ej_x
mines a oem bumper with a Abflug splitter/diffuser. I don't do facebook and ill be there next month hopfully :wave:
It was the carbon I spotted hmmmm lol!
Ooo fab well all being well I will be there again too so hopefully get to say hello this time hehe! :)

Lil SpecR

Reaction score
Website
Country
Instagram
@lil_ej_x

als_jordan

Staff member
Reaction score
Just read this through. Nice looking car and like what you have done so far.
Did you vent the BOV to atmosphere?

als_jordan

Staff member
Reaction score
Thanks for the link!! All the paperwork I have on it is in Japanese and the app I bought to translate it mentioned something about "Chinese unicorns" pmsl (Yeh not the best app lmao!) I figured it was a bit fancy when it came out and was all spring loaded and mechanical lol :)

They are quite rare. Obviously only any good for an Apexi exhaust. But I think I paid £150 inc shipping for my one new and shipped from Japan.

Lil SpecR

Reaction score
Website
Country
Instagram
@lil_ej_x
Just read this through. Nice looking car and like what you have done so far.
Did you vent the BOV to atmosphere?
Thank you very much :) yes I was going to be good and recirc but I have waited a long time to buy a car worthy of being heard ptshhhh-ing lol so now it goes to atmosphere ;)

Lil SpecR

Reaction score
Website
Country
Instagram
@lil_ej_x
They are quite rare. Obviously only any good for an Apexi exhaust. But I think I paid £150 inc shipping for my one new and shipped from Japan.
Ouch they aren't cheap then! The previous owner didn't do much to her but what he did do he obviously did properly!

als_jordan

Staff member
Reaction score
Thank you very much :) yes I was going to be good and recirc but I have waited a long time to buy a car worthy of being heard ptshhhh-ing lol so now it goes to atmosphere ;)

Just keep an eye on your fuelling in that case as its designed to be a closed system and you will be dumping metered air to atmos.

Lil SpecR

Reaction score
Website
Country
Instagram
@lil_ej_x
Just keep an eye on your fuelling in that case as its designed to be a closed system and you will be dumping metered air to atmos.
Yeh I know and Yeh I will :) I was reluctant to do it at first but everyone else dumping to atmosphere said they were all fine so thought it worth a shot :)

tooley

When only sideways will do!
Reaction score
Country
Totally fine.... just slightly decreases fuel economy thats all+/- 1-2mpg. Its recirculated for emissions & efficiency.

Most people blank it off fully. To get the pigeon affect.

Lil SpecR

Reaction score
Website
Country
Instagram
@lil_ej_x
Totally fine.... just slightly decreases fuel economy thats all+/- 1-2mpg. Its recirculated for emissions & efficiency.

Most people blank it off fully. To get the pigeon affect.
Haha well it's my toy, so fuel economy isnt even considered :D
I prefer the sneezy sound personally lol so I'll keep her dumping to atmosphere ;)

Reaction score
Country
pigeon mod crew checking in :) i think it sounds more unique than a BOV and to be honest it doesn't actually sound anything like a pigeon

Lil SpecR

Reaction score
Website
Country
Instagram
@lil_ej_x
pigeon mod crew checking in :) i think it sounds more unique than a BOV and to be honest it doesn't actually sound anything like a pigeon
Haha aww it's nothing personal, I know it's way more popular right now, I like both but it's the sneezy sound for Me. Oddly most peoples I've noticed are fluttering rather than sneezing! Besides it's easier to teach my little boy to mimick a std bov, I can't make a pigeon sound to save my life pmsl ;)

Lil SpecR

Reaction score
Website
Country
Instagram
@lil_ej_x
While we are on the Flutter topic are there any benefits / downsides to it? Am i right that in blocking it off air is going back through the turbo putting stress on it?
From my limited knowledge of BOVs, I believe it does (correct me if i am wrong!) add stress to the turbo, from my good old friend google it does seem that dumping to atmosphere can wreck turbos (unsure on what blocking off does as i didnt want the pigeon mod), however from the same source, it seems to be "said" that it ruins turbos but i have yet to come across anyone (real, or on a forum lol) that has said "my turbo is fooked from this"! I figured it was worth the risk, not least because at some point anyway she will be getting a bigger turbo so if it breaks, c'est la vie and we get on with the power upgrades haha :)
As for other benefits, no idea sadly I am doing it for personal satisfaction reasons - I just like hearing the BOV :p

tooley

When only sideways will do!
Reaction score
Country
People say it does but there is no evidence to support the theory. As under normal operation air escapes back through the turbo anyway. You can hear it as soon as you remove the standard air box as they hide the noise with it.

I have had these cars for years and never damaged a turbo from it. Everyone that run it will say the same.

So it dosent matter what you do lol

Recirculation is the best for performance and economy.
Bov is totally 2002 but i ran a hks bov up until last week :) (for 7 years)
Pigeon mod is for the cool kids