What's new

Lil EJ's Lil Spec R Aero - "Yuki"

Reaction score
Very clean s15!
This reminds me how excited I was when I picked up my s15. Oh, refer to your pics, looks like the s15 comes with a Blitz MSTT as well, be sure to put in your mod list :)

Lil SpecR

Reaction score
Website
www.ejmcarphotography.co.uk
Country
Instagram
@lil_ej_x
Very clean s15!
This reminds me how excited I was when I picked up my s15. Oh, refer to your pics, looks like the s15 comes with a Blitz MSTT as well, be sure to put in your mod list :)
Thanks very much!! :)
It was so exciting, a long wait but I knew it would be and kinda adds to the excitement I think!
Yes thats a good point, I'll add that now :)

Sent from my D6603 using Tapatalk

Lil SpecR

Reaction score
Website
Country
Instagram
@lil_ej_x
Taking the front seats out today to make space for the DC2 seats I am picking up tomorrow!
The guy having the drivers seat wants to take it out himself so I have only done the passengers, but here are the before and after vac photos - I am really impressed how clean it is! All the dirt under the seats is just dust!! I am mainly impressed because for the last couple of years my job has involved stripping luxury saloon/SUV vehicles and they'll have usually sub 10k miles on them and the state under the seats was always completely vile! I don't think the previous owner let many people in his car haha :)

BEFORE

AFTER

Was also going to change the steering wheel but my "everything in it" HKB boss kit doesn't appear to have anyway to connect the horn up :-/

Also bled the cooling system as since I have owned her she has run on the warmer side of normal, I thought this was just a trait of the engine at first but according to everyone on the S15 facebook page this is NOT normal lol!
Bleeding hasnt helped so a few more things to try. I'm not overly panicking as she ran all the way back from Torque GT (250 miles) and ran fine and shes done a few local trips just fine too, theres no oil in water or vice versa, no problems with anything coming out the exhaust either...but she did smell a bit warm last night so I would rather sort it sooner than later!

Oh and finally the muffler came out the exhaust the other night (purposely lol not by accident!) and she sounds beautiful, louder but not obscene, and a nice deep burble, much more my cuppa tea!

And my husband surprised me too by un-recircing the bov because I was moaning about it not being as loud as I wanted haha ;) It now sounds proper ace, a nice psht sound at every gear change, which is just what I was after :)

Keifer1903

Instagram Staff
Reaction score
Country
What you doing with that Apexi back box? Looks good the car! what rails you using to fit DC2 seats

Keifer1903

Instagram Staff
Reaction score
Country
Oh read that wrong you don't have a new exhaust, my bad been a very long day lol!

Lil SpecR

Reaction score
Website
Country
Instagram
@lil_ej_x
So, Sunday at daft o clock we went to Kent to pick up some dc2 seats. They were mint and from an s13 with rails too so well worth the miles!
Unfortunately when I got them home the seatbelt buckle bolt holes were wrecked and neither of the original bolts fitted in them. The passenger side one had no thread at all, so it wasn't quite the quick n easy installation I was hoping for (I was gutted as I had planned to take Yuki to a show that evening!) anyway the next evening my husband worked his magic with a mate and got some bespoke industrial steel helicoils made for me, 3 hours later he came home with the seats...and buckles safely installed!! Needless to say I was over the moon and got the seats installed.
They look awesome and overall I am very happy with the result. From the front however the seats are leaning away from each other, so I think the rails will need modding or maybe new ones, I'm not sure, but at least now I can drive her again whilst I decide what to do!! Yay!!

Lil SpecR

Reaction score
Website
Country
Instagram
@lil_ej_x
Looks lovely, now only some smashing wheels would finish the looks!!!
Thank you :)
I'm keeping these wheels but going for a candy red centre to match my red theme and keeping the polished lip. Unfortunately I have struggling to find anyone willing to Polish the stainless lip but think I may have found someone today :)

Lil SpecR

Reaction score
Website
Country
Instagram
@lil_ej_x
That would look cool as **** and will go great with the new red recaros
Thank you!! Yes I am hoping it should go well, it should just add a flash of colour to the exterior :)
I also have a Momo Quark wheel (which is the reason I went for red and white and not blue and white colour scheme). My fella got it for me for my FTO, they are like hens teeth in red in red, he ordered it a couple of years ago now, but several months before Christmas for my Christmas pressie, and it came on my birthday (in Feb lol!) Thats how hard it is to get one direct from Momo :D
Then other than finding some dials and extra gauges to match the scheme, the next lot of red will ascend up the engine bay :)

B

boustie

Looks really clean. Just got my first S15 too although couldn't quite stretch to a spec R. Good colour choice though

Sent from my HUAWEI GRA-L09 using Tapatalk

Lil SpecR

Reaction score
Website
Country
Instagram
@lil_ej_x
Can I be cheeky and ask how much you paid for the recaros? I'm after a set in red myself for mine not sure what rails to use though
Yeh that's fine lol, £400 Inc rails. Tbh even including the additional £40 I had to pay to sort out the helicoiling it's still pretty cheap, these seats are in pretty damn good nick, and bolsters are solid, unlike many I see on eBay for the same price, sometimes more, then you have to source rails on top!!
I'm not sure what rails are on these seats, but these sit higher than the seat that came with the car so I need to source lower rails, not sure what to go for myself but my husband struggles to drive her now but fortunately I'm dead petite so I'm OK but even so I feel a bit high for a sports car (at least I can see the bonnet now tho haha!)