What's new

Silvia S15 from malaysia

P

PhilV

i wanna get some nice bits for my engine bay, if u look in my pic its very....dull? lol

what doies that oil catch tank do then? catch oil as the name says? ha ha im such a retard sorry.

wanna get my rocker cover/engine cover/whatever painted bronze too, same colour as my WORKs wheels

S

silvialam

Lam I really like your car man, mine is in a thread here somewhere below yours but yeah, your car is very very nice! i definetly approve lol, the engine bay is so tidy as well!!!

PS: what is that GReddy thing next to the air filter for people like me who don't know much mechanics lol...

and what is that hidraulic arm looking thing linked to the engine and strut brace?

hei mate, your car looks good too! :)
the Greddy thing is an oil catch tank, hmm to me that thing is more on engine accessories and it does not really serve any important purposes

as for the hydraulic arm u mention, is it the one in RED color? if yes, well that is a engine damper which reduce the engine movement when ever you rev your car and people says you can somehow feel your car will have a better throttle respond...

Topper

Flying Scotsman
Reaction score
Website
www.s15oc.com
Country
They also put alot of extra stress onto the top of the strut....

If your worried about that get some Nismo engine and gearbox mounts, that'll stiffen the lot up.

S

silvialam

yea man, i had order nismo engine mount and gearbox mount as well, still waiting for it to arrive.

hei guys, suggestion needed from all of you. I plan to change my lower arm(front and rear) soon, do you think i should go for ikeya formula lower arm or NISMO ones?
in my mind, i think NISMO would be a better one cause they are using bushing instead of bearing like what ikeya formula is using. if it is a bearing, soon or later it will have some knocking sound when ever the bearing wears off, but the advantages of ikeya formula is we can actually do some adjustment on the lower arm. What do you guys think?

S

silvialam

hmm..how long has you been using that?

i got a friend EVO7 using adjustable lower arm(from nagisa) and it start to have knocking sound after 4 months using it. hmmm perhaps i think it could be due to my country road condition :(

S

silvialam

hmmm then should i make a U-turn to go for ikeya formula? From the very first day i plan to use full ikeya formula suspension stuff, but after heard plenty of horror stories from my other friends, i decided to go for nismo ones. further more if i were to use full ikeya formula things, i think it will be a very stiff setup, dont you think so?

P

PhilV

i got the nismo arm woooo, although don't ask me about it as i know nothing mechanics wise, came with the car...lol

S

silvialam

hmm how come they add potholes on purpose? so that you guys wont speed? wahahaha

my country road condition is bad dude :( i think it is good enough to kill plenty of suspension

Nicely

Moving on...
Founder of S15OC
Reaction score
Website
www.jull.net
Country
I know. Was over in KL the other year... :nod: The road I take to work is diabolical...

The choice is yours, I'm afraid. I chose rose-jointed specifically for the level of adjustment. The alignment places love you when you roll up with all of them fitted, as it makes their job easy :D

130r

Hi Lam
think i saw your car sometime back in wangan.
quite a different from last time.
Great specs

S

silvialam

130r,

ahh....which s15 are you driving? hmm and when was it when u see my car?
hmm when i was in wangan that time i think i already had almost all these parts in my bedroom :)