What's new

Starkeys S15 WORK Wheel project

Reaction score
Country
Hi All

Im new the forum and S15 ownership (thread also on SXOC so I apolagize for those that may have read this twice). I have had this car for the last 4/5 months after buying it off Driftworks (we purchased another S15 instead of building a new car from this one)

Garage Sinister did the initial import and were great, very easy to work with and great communication throughout, highly recommended.

The car is immaculate, clean underneath and just very minor scratches to the bodywork. First thing we did? a Burnout!

The car started slowly with just a new set of CS2 coilovers fitted to start with.

Stock ride height
_DSC2596 by Rich Starkey, on Flickr

_DSC2595 by Rich Starkey, on Flickr

_DSC2594 by Rich Starkey, on Flickr

CS2 vs Stock
_DSC2619 by Rich Starkey, on Flickr

So with the new coilovers fitted I test fitted a set of the new Cosmis Wheels that we had just received, 17x9+15 front and 18x9+15 rear. Went straight on with just the rear lips flattened on the back, the front needs more camber to completely tuck the wheel

_DSC2645 by Rich Starkey, on Flickr

_DSC2736 by Rich Starkey, on Flickr

_DSC2745 by Rich Starkey, on Flickr

And this is how it stayed for a few months whilst it was off the road getting all the documentation done.

Reaction score
Country
Fecking love those Cosmis wheels, I think 15's look so good on them. Tempted to get a set myself!

Reaction score
Country
Another update to catch up with what has been done to the car thus far.

So I decided to put the S15 on air suspension and an opportunity came up to put a set KSport Airride on the car. The kit comes with an electronic fob that can raise and lower the front and rear of the car independently. The kit came with everything you needed.

_DSC3169 by Rich Starkey, on Flickr

_DSC3170 by Rich Starkey, on Flickr

Fitting was easy, the only problem was the front clearance on the airbag, the cosmis wheels needed a 15mm spacer to clear (making them an effective 0 offset) so the standard buddyclub P1 went back on (still with a 15mm spacer)

_DSC3338 by Rich Starkey, on Flickr

_DSC5864-Edit by Rich Starkey, on Flickr

Unlike most scene kids I am using the airride to get over speed bumps, not hard parking so im having to get the ride height and alignment setup for driving height (as shown below)

_DSC5853 by Rich Starkey, on Flickr

_DSC5852 by Rich Starkey, on Flickr

The final part of this instalment is adding a Nardi/Personal wheel to the S15 along with a snap off boss

_DSC6209 by Rich Starkey, on Flickr

_DSC6211 by Rich Starkey, on Flickr

I was originally going for a Deep Corn Nardi but it made the wheel sit too close to me so change it for a Personal Trophy leather wheel.

_DSC6220 by Rich Starkey, on Flickr

Last edited:
Reaction score
Country
Instagram
@Peglio13
I have been looking at air for mine to save my kit ha ha what sort of money would that kit cost? How is the ride on air too? S

Reaction score
Country
I have been looking at air for mine to save my kit ha ha what sort of money would that kit cost? How is the ride on air too? S
Depends, the kit on my car is close to £3.5K and its pretty good. Depends on what you are going for.

I use it every day for work and its as comfortable as reasonable coilovers but i drive it lower than what most people would do so maybe better at a higher ride height (bag pressure is similar to spring rate) On max low it sits on the chassis rails and you cant move off, also the rear wheel has silly camber.

Its great for getting into car parks or over speed bumps, the remote has 3 presets and takes seconds to get to the desired ride height. I will be selling it and going back to coilovers as I aim to do some track days in the future.

Reaction score
Country
Instagram
@Peglio13
That's the thing I want to be able to drive my car fast still and not lose the handling it has now but this kit sits low ! Even in comparison to my c west ha ha so I need to find a way I can run it lowish, handle well and not destroy my kit . kW do a lift kit for the front shocks that might be another option. What sort of money would you be after for this kit when you shift it bud?

Reaction score
Country
I will be doing testing in this (i say I will be but will prob get Mr Morrison to try it) and see how it handles.

Regarding resale i will let you know ;)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reaction score
Country
Instagram
@Peglio13
Cool man nice one! When you have give us a little update
Yeah let me know bud as it's the only part of my build that I still haven't decided 100% on 🏻

Reaction score
Country
Cool man nice one! When you have give us a little update
Yeah let me know bud as it's the only part of my build that I still haven't decided 100% on
Come on Chris we all know that's a lie...you haven't even picked a colour yet! Haha