What's new

Drka's Red Spec-R S15

Reaction score
Country
Another new car another new forum so better start a thread, How did I end up with a Jap car!!! Always loved how these look but never thought I would own one.

Traveled down to Birmingham yesterday and picked up my new S15. It's maybe the cleanest S15 I have ever seen engine bay is immaculate as was the underside. It's a fresh import I'm the 1st UK owner, 100km on clock so around 60k in miles not bad for a 15 year old motor.

After insulting the importer by calling him Japanese....he was actually Chinese and running into some minks at a petrol station harassing the missus to buy a 'cheap' TV. Car drove perfectly all the way up road using one tank from Birmingham to Dundee. Guy stuck her on the ramps for me and I was amazed at how clean the underside was shame it seen rain most the way up road.

100% standard as you can tell by it's massive tyres and huge arch gap. I plan to keep it clean and close to standard. I'm so happy to be away from FWD hatches I looked at newer golf GTIs/S3s but they didn't seem like an up grade just and expensive replacement and tbh I think they are ****e for money. Also looked at R32s but again no better than leon and slower. So it seemed like a perfect oppertunity to buy something that is totally out of my comfort zone, before I resort back and get myself a RS4

1st up will be a service (any advice one best place to get filters, belts ect) then some wheels and a decent set of coilovers.

S15_SAM

NisSam
Reaction score
Country
K&N hp-1008 oil filter
High quality fully synthetic oil. (I've used redline 10w40 for 30,000 miles)
and belts just get gates ones! Do a search and the sizes ahould
come up!