What's new

DD JDM S15 RB26 MFD RPi more acronyms build

Reaction score
wooow..R34 GTR's MFD in S15... and they all working too? very well done mate..very jealous to have one in my car...

Reaction score
Country
First Off, this build is Awesome!

But what really caught my eye is the fact you got the MFD working.
is it possible to get the MFD to work on an SR20 motor? or is it RB26 Specific ?
also you where able to pull data out from the consult port? ( more info on this pleasssseeee )
I am trying to do the same thing, but I am running an Adaptronic Stand alone ECU with a Serial out for External data loggers and Dash out.

any information on this would be awesome

Reaction score
Country
Thank you! The MFD is basically a standalone unit, so I think it could work with the S15's SR20 since most of the voltage ranges of the sensors should be more or less the same as the R34's RB26. The water temperature and RB intake air temperature sensors are exactly the same parts, and it runs its own boost sensor which you'd only need to mount and run vacuum and power to. I'm not sure about the throttle position sensor or injector duty cycle signals. If the SR has an oil temp sensor (I don't remember), it should work too.

I've been successful getting information from consult by writing a Python script to communicate with the ECU (which works OK but is slow,) and by using Nissan Data Scan and Conzult software with a laptop (which works great.) However your ECU probably uses a different protocol altogether. I think it should offer much better options for displaying, logging and manipulating data via USB.

Reaction score
Country
I finally got around to making a video about how I installed the GT-R's MFD in my car.

Reaction score
Country
I received an e-mail notification that the forum had been updated and I remembered I had an old thread here. Consider this an attempt at an update. I work on the car a lot but I haven't tried to show it off much, both in the interest of keeping a low profile and because it's not a 1500 HP E85 monster instagram like magnet, but just in case anyone is curious (please excuse the dirtiest LMGT4s you've ever seen):

IMG_0746.gif
IMG_0747.gif
IMG_0743.gif
Basically,
Factory Auto Spec S + B package
R34 GT-R engine, HKS GT-SS turbos, NAPREC valvetrain serviced by Sakamoto Engineering (Tsuchiura)
Link G4+ ECU installed & set up myself, mapped by Garage Total (Tsuchiura)
480-ish HP @ 1.25 bar on a Dynapack
7699C9FF-047E-4709-8476-2ED38B3C5885.jpeg
combination of Nismo and OEM suspension arms & bushings
Ohlins DFV coilovers + Swift springs + Cusco upper mounts
OEM R34 GT-R V-Spec II diffuser
modified R34 "triple cross" underbody bracing
COX (licensed Yamaha) front and rear "performance dampers" which supposedly contribute to handling in some ambiguous way
IMG_0564.gif
IMG_0568.gif
EVO 7 front calipers, WRX STi rear calipers
I think the rear drums are from a Cedric or something
special whizbang e-brake cables I can't remember the make of
S15 Spec R helical diff + 4.3x final drive
Michelin tires, always and forever
IMG_0751.gif
Standard OEM R34 GT-R MFD
Raspberry Pi 3 running LibreElec instead of a headunit
R34 GT-T steering wheel buttons repurposed as volume & track
+several Arduinos supporting custom controls
a million billion kilometers
IMG_0752.gif
custom CAN bus multi gauge that I can't seem to photograph properly

hodgepodge of OEM, Nismo and Flow Designs aero
carbon / kevlar panels I make in my shed
panel1.gif
IMG_0742.gif

(making a list like this makes it sound sort of impressive)

That's about all I can think of. It's quick and it gets me to work almost every day (miraculously.) Thanks for reading!