What's new

Packham's White Spec R

Reaction score
Country
So here we go, I purchased my s15 back in September 2014 from in the UK.
The Current spec is:

Engine/Exhaust
Apex front mount
Apex alloy radiator
Apexi AVCR
Apexi induction kit
Full blitz exhaust with tubular manifold
Carbon fibre cooling panel

Suspension/Brakes/Wheels
HSD coilovers
Apex adjustable top and bottom rear arms
K Sport 8 pot calipers and grooved discs
18" Rota Drift's 10j rear 8.5j front

Ever since I got it I've had nothing but issues with either the gearbox or the engine.
First was the gearbox, making all kind of noises, I had a full new baring kit fitted witch made it a little better but now the noise has returned! Also the quick shift is causing issues too. Including snapping in 2!
So had to bodge one up using the top half of an s14 quick shift

After that the engine then developed a missfire when ever I floored it. No idea what it is but the only way to partially cure it was by adjusting the cam sensor.

Before it was running like this.

But now its running a lot more healthier.

It pretty clear that the car was just drove and not really looked after, so I went to work cleaner her up a little.

Starting with the headlights using toothpaste!

One side done

Came out like new!

Next thing to sort is the rusty engine bay! :eek:

Last edited:
Reaction score
Country
Got some damp blue roll put on tooth paste then rubbed haha. Then just cleaned down with soapy water

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk

Reaction score
Country
Update time!

Finally sorted out the rust, once I started digging I started to find more and more :down:
The drivers arch seam was the worse place and even made a nice hole at the bottom for me to sort!
Here's a few pics

After a bit of filling and sealing....

Then primed and painted. good as new :cool:

The hole went through the engine bay into the wheel arch, this was welded after all the rust had been killed off!

Undersealed it all up

Engine bay done! Apart from the cable tied battery :eek:

Last edited:
Reaction score
Country
Cheers for the love!
Yeah a bit of scrubbing makes a big difference!
What's what with yours pegliobaglio?

Reaction score
Country
Instagram
@Peglio13
Just a little rust showing through on the suspension tops and around the seals as usual! I'm just waiting till I get my new kit and will have the engine out and stitch weld the seams and smooth the bay while I'm at it. Need to get to it before it goes too far ! Mine isn't quite as bad as yours was so I am confident it will be ok

Reaction score
Country
The bad news seems to be endless with the car! It died suddenly and would not start. On closer inspection the valves are now bent :(
Going down the new engine route, as I don't know what else could possibly be damaged!
We think it might have been caused by shotblasting the rocker cover. Even though I gave it a really good clean.

Reaction score
Country
That's a real ****ter bud, hope you can sort it quickly and it's not too expensive although everything usually is with an s-body ha..

Good job on the engine bay as well, need to do mine too really soon. How did you go about colour matching the engine bay paint? It's gray in mine and I imagine colour matching that is gonna be a pain.

Reaction score
Country
Well the price is reasonable compared to what I've heard people have been quoted elsewhere haha.

Well, I haven't! The paint is no where near, but did it up to a seam so it's less noticeable. My dad must have bought about 10 different shades of white. It's almost impossible to match!

Reaction score
Country
SHE'S BACK!!

Got the car back last Thursday from Slide motorsport. It makes a change to have an engine that doesn't feel like it could blow at any moment!

In the process of stripping the engine down to see if I can see any damage to anything, still not sure what exactly caused it to die but we think it was the shot-blasting.

As for the gearbox it turns out the shifter was the issue, now the uras shifter is fitted all is good!
So I'll be selling a box in a month or so with a brand new gear set.

Stopped off for a few pictures

And of course it would be a shame to waste the old engine!

Last edited:
Reaction score
Country
Thanks bud :).
Yeah me too

Planning to make the engine into a table and possibly make the pistons into some kind of snack bowls haha

Reaction score
Country
So my turbo blew up! Oil seals went. Had to do the right thing and upgrade. So went for the disco potato, feels like a different car!
Only problem is its over boosting massively. Boost controller is only set to .6 bar at 25%duty but going past 1 bar some how.

Also fitted so new rear lights :)