What's new

Jack Pilk's S15 Spec-R

JackPilk

Reaction score
Country
Hi all,

I'm Jack, I'm a Marine Engineer from Exeter, Devon

I've already introduced myself but thought I would start a "build" thread.

I'm 23 , I've owned loads of cars and enjoyed them all but still something was missing and that void was filled when I bought my first S13, after I sold that I bought an S14A , Here is a picture of them together:

Then I sold the S14 as I wanted to save for an S15 .. I bought a "reliable" Golf Diesel for the time being and I also bought an S14A to just purely sell on for some profit!

The S14A was sold to a friend who wrote it off in the first week by crashing straight through the VOSA test center wall in Exeter. I kid you not.

The Golf was awful, it developed a terminal engine failure so it was stripped for parts and made twice the value of what they sell for because it's an Anniversary Edition and the parts are worth good money.

And now this leads me to my latest purchase :

My new S15!

After nearly 3 months of waiting, this one came up so I put a maximum bid down and I won it!

Imported by Darren at Torque GT who has been an absolute star.

Estimated time it will reach Torque GT's workshop is early January.

The car:

Grade 4.5 B
24,000 Miles
Type R
V-Package
Pearl White Aero

It's got an Apexi FC & Hand commander , Tein Coil-overs with adjustable dampening and Nismo Clocks.

On the translation sheet it notes it has various Apexi & Nismo parts throughout the car. I'm still waiting on a file of photo's from Darren in the next week or so I will know what else it has when I get those.

I'm pretty sure the wheels are Ray's as well, would be nice if someone could confirm that?

I was originally after a completely Stock S15 so I could start from scratch but then I decided it would be nice to get an S15 with some JDM goodies already on it!

Here is what I already have :

Spare front Aero Bumper
Mishimoto Rad & Hoses (I got for an absolute steal!)
Tomei Eblow
Apexi Strut Brace
Z32 AFM
& a load of Auto Finesse cleaning products (A good friend of mine is a dealer)

Anyway.. It will be nice to see some of you out and about or at shows/meets etc :)

I will update this thread when I get any more info/pictures

Thanks,

Jack

Reaction score
Country
As I said in the intro thread, that's an awesome spec'd s15.

Can't wait to see more pics!

JackPilk

Reaction score
Country
Cheers!

I put Spec-R in the title so no idea why I wrote Type R!

S15_SAM

NisSam
Reaction score
Country
Ha ha. It's cos I changed it for you! :) I really like the look of your car, any plans to change it aesthetically? I think the alloys are rays/volks or possibly enkei's. either way they are very nice!

JackPilk

Reaction score
Country
Haha, thanks dude.

No real plans of yet but exterior wise It'l stay as it is for the time being until I can get a set of TE37's. Although I do like it's current wheels.
I will also being upgrading the brakes.
Next winter i'l be going bigger turbo, injectors, front mount etc to make late 300's as I will miss the Stage 3A power my S14 had!

Cess

Staff member
Instagram Staff
Reaction score
Country
Welcome and nice car. The story of your friend and the vosa centre is mental. Can you elaborate?

JackPilk

Reaction score
Country
Sure,

It was his first week in an S-body and was bit more power than his previous civic, I did warn him that I'm only selling it to him if he takes care of it and doesn't bin it.

I called him for a catch up and he mentioned he had a minor knock. He only lives nearby so I went to have a nosey, I was greated by this:

There is some damage to the front as well, the bonnet has de-laminated like a multi layer heardgasket!

He was out "giving it some" (in his words) and a tyre "blew" off when he was going round a corner, I'm not sure what to believe.. But he went up a curb backwards and took out a wall and some of the fence of the VOSA test station in Exeter.
The wall has now been rebuilt & the fence.

The car was written off before he even received his V5.

Reaction score
Country
That is crap for your mate with the 14 but I can't help but laugh at crashing into VOSA, couldn't make it up!

15 looks lovely, very good mileage there she should feel fresh as a daisy. Look forward to updates :)

JackPilk

Reaction score
Country
I have some pictures :)

I'm away for the moment in Grimsby working so I will try an upload now, if it doesn't work I will try when I'm home!

JackPilk

Reaction score
Country
Thanks guys!

I'm quite impressed with all the Nismo parts on the car as I didn't even know it had all that underneath.

I can't seem to see a boost controller in the pictures, I thought it was the device under the steering wheel but looks like a turbo timer!

Just trying to find a replacement air filter for the ARC intake :)

JackPilk

Reaction score
Country
1 week to go!

Looks like pick up date is next Saturday :D , it's passed it's MOT so just waiting on my reg then to tax & insure.

I got sent a couple of pictures by Darren of the underside before the underseal.

If anyone could help me guess the exhaust brand that would be a help..

JackPilk

Reaction score
Country
Is there any noticable sound difference in titanium compared to stainless? I know it's alot lighter