What's new

Jack Pilk's S15 Spec-R

Jay-pan

Reaction score
Country
It's incredibly lighter, can pick the whole system up with my finger ha. Ermm yer there very loud and got a bit more lighter rev tone not as deep sounding compared to my trust stainless system on my old S15

friends with you on fb I think, saw pictures the other day (Joshua is my name)

JackPilk

Reaction score
Country
Thanks Sam, it will be!

Just sent you a message on there now :)
I was wondering why mine has a bung in the exhaust on just a cat-back!

Jay-pan

Reaction score
Country
Haha yer will be worth keeping for early morning starts got one with mine makes a difference on cold starts

JackPilk

Reaction score
Country
You are spot on Sam it's a Trust Pe TI Titanium Cat-Back. And I've just seen the prices for them.. ouch. Happy about that though :)

JackPilk

Reaction score
Country
Someone on Facebook uploaded these pictures they spotted of the car at Torque GT..

Reaction score
Website
www.facebook.com
Country
Looks like an awesome pick dude, I loved finding out about what awesome mods my car had throughout the import process - Titanium exhuast and all those Nismo arms are the business!

JackPilk

Reaction score
Country

I picked the car up from Torque GT Saturday morning. When I first saw it i couldn't believe how clean it was, body wise it was pretty much faultless. The inside was very clean too.

I signed a few things and I left for only a 20 minute drive back to where I live.

The first drive was great, a few rattles in the cabin but to be expected , the exhaust is so loud! But that's a titanium exhaust for you.
The car is very "jiggly" but thats down to every single arm being Nismo and the Coilovers on a harsh adjustment. After some fiddling with the dampening controls it was much better :)

The car boosts well and holds at a bar nicely so power has to be around the 270 mark.

I haven't smiled driving a car for a long time.

Only the one picture I took so far but here are some one's from Torque..

http://tapatalk.imageshack.com/v2/15/02/10/19e31cd6d5dedb88

[IMG]http://tapatalk.imageshack.com/v2/15/02/10/f109a5c791900bdac0632a64a26e8d55.jpgdc1c09db119e406e.jpg[/IMG]

Reaction score
Country
Perfect s15! Saw it on Torques page and it's stunning.

Jealous of you living that close to them as well. 13 hours driving on the same day wasn't fun, the return leg wasn't quite as bad though ;)

JackPilk

Reaction score
Country
Cheers :)

My first purchase is some sound deadening material for the boot, under the rear seats & rear quarters because I had forgotten how loud the road noise is on these.

13 hour trip! Impressive

Reaction score
Country
Good first purchase, anything else immanent?

13 hours was actual time on the road I think. Stopped for snacks the whole way down, lol. Torrential rain the whole trip :nod:

JackPilk

Reaction score
Country
Its even noisier when it's raining.

That's really it for now, just putting some money aside for a big order from Japan of goodies to up the power :D

JackPilk

Reaction score
Country
Well,

It's been a while since I last updated this! Infact, nearly a year.

Last year was crazy, new job which had me all over the country & spending a lot of the time in Egypt working in the Suez Canal.

I've had a good year with the 15 although it has been eating into my wallet, which is completely normal.

I have some pictures from last year, and some final goodies that are going on very soon.

So that's just a few pictures of me out and about!

You may have noticed I'm now supporting 350Z Brembo's all round, I highly recommend these, the front's are a simple swap over & the rears were the opposite, however the braking is heavily improved & they look the part.

I also lowered it & some 15mm spacers on the rear & 5mm spacers on the front so the car sits much nicer, all this combined with a full geometry set-up!

JackPilk

Reaction score
Country
MODS!

An update on what the cars had & what is to come!

OS GIKEN Aluminium Single Plate - Rated to 480hp, so really as high of an output I can go without going to a twin plate. Clutch is great, amazing performance , on & off it's perfect, bit difficult in traffic however this was to be expected.
Flywheel conversion was all part of the system so the DMF was binned, I had to use 300ZX Bolts with the flywheel, OS Giken gave me the part number so I went to my Nissan Main-Dealer and got stung £65 bolts.

GREDDY LS Intercooler & piping was fitted, this was the final stage before mapping.
740CC Injectors were fitted as well as Z32 AFM.

The car was taken to JDM Garage for a mapping session with Martin Battye.

1.1 Bar , 99Ron Fuel, Road Mapped.

The car felt alive and the whole tone of the engine changed, instant boost and couldn't be happier with it.

Other things done :

Cusco Rear Arms were fitted, came in the boot of the 15!

Boost Controller fitted , Original Greddy

The inside was tidied up, all loose wires were all tucked away

Mishimoto Radiator fitted .

That's really it!

See next post for things to come :)

JackPilk

Reaction score
Country
Here's my progress so far :

Head removed

Tomei 1.2mm (Original Bore Size) Head Gasket fitted

Tomei Poncams, Exhaust & Inlet Cams fitted

Tomei Rocker Arm Stoppers fitted, breather shield modified , rocker cover modified

New NGK7 plugs & Audi R8 Coilpacks with VAG Conversion Coilpack Loom

ARC Box was modified to fit my Z32 AFM

Car was then driven to Mil-Spec Fabrication ! ....

JackPilk

Reaction score
Country
BOOM !

Expensive!

GTX2867R - Brand new with metal bearing cage

Tial SS 0.64 A/R V-Band

Tial MVR 44mm External Wastegate

Wardy Equal Length Ramhorn Manifold V-band + V-band

Samco X-treme Hoses for intake & turbo outlet

Custom 3" downpipe is being fabbed up by Mil-Spec, 63mm piping to intercooler & 3" intake to the Z32 AFM.

Mapping is booked end of February with Martin at JDM Garage!

Power FC & Greddy Oled Boost Controller

Aiming for 400hp @ 1.6 bar.

It's being road mapped then dyno'd on the Friday!