What's new

My RB30 S15

Reaction score
Country
So its time I do a proper post for my car, been meaning to..... but just been to lazy. I bought her 3 years back in England, took it home to Ireland. Since then we have had our ups and downs. When I bought this it was a good platform for what I wanted to achieve but it needed a lot of TLC & money to get it to where it is now. Im sure some of you know the car from when Ben had it on the sxoc....

So shortly after arriving back to Ireland I had the misfortune of the turbo failing. This was caused by a ceased non-return valve on the oil feed line. It took 2 attempts and several months to have the turbo rebuilt properly by extreme tuners (manufacture of the turbo) in Greece. In hindsight I would not have bothered as it cost nearly as much as a new big branded turbo.

From then the car went to DeaneMsport for a new HG, some work on the exhaust system removing restrictions & heat wrapping and complete diff rebuild as it was on its last legs. The brakes were not the may west either and they were rebuilt also. From there it when for a run on the rollers to be mapped for Irish fuel. It made 260hp@.7bar (no boost controller). That was not a shock as I felt the car was running nothing like it should be.

Time then to put mu own stamp on the exterior. The OEM spoiler had to go I replaced it with a APR wing. The wheels soon followed as the boosts did not suit the car and the 18's were just too small for the rear arches. Rota grid drifts were fitted 18's on the front and 19's on the rear.

Shortly after came a vented carbon bonnet for some much needed ventilation and some carbon F1 style mirrors.

I then garaged it and decided to tare it apart, fitting a new larger intercooler, turbosmart dump valve, oil catch tank, defi's, greddy boost controller, and a digidash and other bit. This was all done with a lot of sub standard wiring being replaced. I got the traction control working system working which hadn't been since the day I bought the car.

Eventually..... back together for awhile....!

That steering wheel soon was replaced for a suede Nardi.

It then went back for another jog on the rollers in the careful hands of John in West Coast Performance. Making 400hp@.9bar after upgrading the fuel pump to a 300ltr/hr pump and installing a tome fuel regulator the engine couldn't go much further as the standard cams and turbo exhaust housing were holing it back. Blew the exhaust manifold on the last run so had to settle with those figures until another day.

Last edited:
Reaction score
Country
It then accompanied me to my wedding and had to get the photographer to take some good photos of her.

[/URL][/IMG]

[/URL][/IMG]

So the latest work that has taken place was a custom fabricated manifold by WCP, larger .8 exhaust housing fitted, 9.1 lift Tomei cams and adjustable cam gears fitted and new CAS and some other bits.... Back up on the rollers again making 541hp@ .8bar & 450ft/lbs. This time the turbo can't keep up so that is next to be upgraded and probably a new clutch as well.

[/URL][/IMG]

[/URL]

[/URL][/IMG]

I have to modify rails for these and fit them on my next break from work. Anyone have any pointers on getting them into a S15 please shout.

[/URL][/IMG]

The spec as it stands is as follows

Engine built by RK Tuning UK (RB30 Block & RB26 head)
Mapped by WCP
N1 Oil Pump
Ported and polished head
Tomei 9.1 lift cams & cam gears
Cosworth 1.6mm HG
Widened head oil and water drains out by 1mm.
S13 Aluminum radiator.
Summit Racing dual fan controller.
2 x 13" Spal S-blade fans.
Greddy large intercooler with hard piping.
0.8 compo billet turbo Oil & water cooled.
Splitfire coil packs.
Do-Luck Ignition harness
HKS silent racer 3” straight exhaust
Custom exhaust manifold & downpipe by WCP
DEI heat wrapped manifold and down pipe & turbo blanket.
46mm Tial wastegate with screamer pipe
Turbo smart dump valve
Rods H-Section Forged shot peigned, ARP2000 rod bolts
Rising sun performance custom baffled sump
Mocal oil cooler
ACL race bearings
Forged Pistons 86.5mm Wosner
Greddy Iridium plugs
800cc Injectors.
Tomei adjustable fuel regulator.
Oil Catch Tank.
320ltr Walbro Fuel Pump.
Battery relocated to the boot.

Interior & Electronics:
Link G4 ECU
Defi Advanced BF Gauges (Oil Temp/Press, Water Temp, Boost)
Race logic traction & launch control
EBC digital dash
Greddy OLED boost controller
Bride gear gaitor
Nismo gear knob
Dc2 Recaros
Nardi suede steering wheel with quick release

Exterior:
Clearcorners LED headlights
Custom body kit
Nismo clear repeaters
Smoked DMax Led taillight
Carbon roof scoop
Dmax carbon vented bonnet
Carbon creations F1 style mirrors

Suspension Brakes & Wheels:
Driftworks coillovers
Driftworks rear camber control arms.
Driftworks tension rods
Driftworks toe Rods
Driftworks traction rods
Fully Powerflex poly bushed
HEL braided brake lines
8 pot Brembos front & z32 setup on the rear.
Rota Grid Drifts 18 x 9.5 ET20 front 19 x 9.5 ET20 rear.
25mm spacers front and rear.
Apexi front & rear strut braces.

Drivetrain:
R33 Gtst 2.5 gearbox
Helix paddle clutch
R32 GT-R differential & drives custom set up by deanemsport.

Last edited:

S15AK

Reaction score
Country
That car is a blast from the past :) Well done mate on getting running sweat, you've put some major work into it...

Reaction score
Country
Awesome! :notworthy: Im in love with this car, been waiting on it to pop up again! Nice to see you've put your own touch on the car! That digidash :smitten:

Last edited:
Reaction score
Country
I know this car from when Ben had it, had a few blasts against it when it first had the rb30 fitted. Beast of a car :nod:

Glad it's finally beginning to show its true potential.

Ax as for the seats use bride super low rails, I believe some are a direct fit but its easy to modify any of the bride super low rails to fit :)

Reaction score
Country
Fitted the Recaros on bride super low rails. Tight fit at the doors but over all I'm happy with the seating position.
[IM
G][/IMG

[/URL][/IMG]

[/URL][/IMG]

Reaction score
Country
This looks like a mint car! Well done for putting some money into this and getting it going, it really looks like a unique 15 good effort

Reaction score
Country
So since the last time I did some more shopping and bought some adjustable arms, polybushes, a roof scoop :nod:, bigger wheels :nod: and a few other bits. Powder coated the sub frame, LCA's, ARB's, and various brackets. Done some painting and under sealing. I found the passenger sill has vanished in some spots due to rust, this is getting replaced in the coming days. Hopefully have it all back together before I head back to work again.

19" x 10.5j ET20 for the back

Big rubbers 19/285/30 these are sitting on 17's in the pic

Wrapped the exhaust fully while it was off.

Fronnt LCA's and ARB's powder coated, poly bushed, new ball joints fitted and new DW tension arms installed.

Sub frame powder coated, poly bushed, new DW arms fitted. Painted and serviced the diff. Also replaced the bushes on the coil overs as they were shot.

Last edited:
Reaction score
Country
So after a long delay in finding the right outfit to replace the sills they are finally done, also had my roof scoop fitted. Its now going for a badly need full respray to freshen up the paint. The picture below is was taken just before the car was rubbed down. Looking forward to getting it back on the road after having it lying up for the last few months.

Lil SpecR

Reaction score
Website
www.ejmcarphotography.co.uk
Country
Instagram
@lil_ej_x
What an awesome build!!
Wanna ask as well, I sold a recaro with what was apparently a very low rail! The recaros I put in place sit a lot higher, how easy was it to fit bride rails to a recaro seat?

Sent from my D6603 using Tapatalk

Reaction score
Country
What an awesome build!!
Wanna ask as well, I sold a recaro with what was apparently a very low rail! The recaros I put in place sit a lot higher, how easy was it to fit bride rails to a recaro seat?

There is no modification required as the bride super low rails are designed to take a SR3 recaro bolt pattern.

Lil SpecR

Reaction score
Website
www.ejmcarphotography.co.uk
Country
Instagram
@lil_ej_x
There is no modification required as the bride super low rails are designed to take a SR3 recaro bolt pattern.
Ahh interesting thanks! Sorry I had to ask as the husband can't drive it now and I'm struggling to find something suitable as I would like to let him maybe once or twice a year enjoy my car ;)

Seriously tho your thread is inspirational looking forward to see more!! :)