What's new

2001 Spec R Restoration/Project car

Reaction score
Country
My 2001 Bronze Spec R Project

So I have been on here awhile now mostly scouting for cars never did much posting but yesterday(August 2014) I joined the s15 ownership
Car is a 2001 spec r with a mostly standard spec besides coilovers adjustable arms and a genuine INGS+1 body kit apparantly expensive and rare but definately not to my own taste so thats going!

it was declared off the road in Ireland in 2010 so it has quite a bit of surface rust and alot of tidying and cleaning to be done I had it vigorously checked by 3 panel beaters and 2 mechanics before purchase
I spend most weekends and days off at cars and projects anyways so I said why not have an s15 to work on, so i am planning a full restore of her bring her back to a nice personal spec with some really nice dished wheels and clean all round
Main plans at the moment are (will change frequently)
New Uras Body kit
New wheels(still deciding which)
Colour change (decision made on colour)
New rear spoiler(Dmax)
New Roof Spoiler(Dmax
New Rear lights(Dmax)
Some Yashio Factory Goodies
while being painted all the underbody including boot etc will be body sealed and schultz with full anti rust/corrosion protection

I am excited to see where this project will take me in terms of Rear wheel drive and turbo education as most of it will be new enough to me as i didnt own a car of this power before

Its not clean At the Moment this I no!!
Its got surface rust,it's dirty,it's untidy it's ropey but this is what I love, I love to rebuild and restore so choose this car for that reason especially!
I have some experience in body work as my father in law teaches me as much as he can when we work on some old Mini coopers and he helped me with my Ae111 aswell I will try to use this limited info to help along the restoration of the car but he will do the painting and most prep work
Below are some pics of her all untidy dirty and really un cared for but my progress WILL change this she will be a nice car sometime early in 2015
but anyways enough waffling on what do you guys think:

Last edited:
Reaction score
Country
In the last few days a couple parts have started to arrive for this Project
I now have my Uras kit all Fiberglass front rear and sides
I have sold off some of the old stuff from the car Including the big drift wing and Side skirts

While stripping I discovered I had
*Nismo dial cluster,
*Bride brix 2 Bucket seat,
*Yashio factory water temp unit
*,Hks Turbo Timer,
*Genuine INGS+1 body kit which isnt to my tasting and also
*I have some genuine LMGT4'S bad sizes due to being 17inch unfortunately but still a nice wheel, These I plan to Sandblast back to factory have them properly done and resprayed a Matt Bronze like that of the Volks colour.
These will be a spare wheel for my car as I do plan to have her Sitting on some Work Mesiters or some Work VS-XX Big money but I will save for these as I walways wanted some works under a car

Last edited:
Reaction score
Country
Epr do them, I bought my one second hand but new I think they're 160 ish

Reaction score
Country
As said above EP Racing have them but theres a very long waiting list as i suspect there sourced from china
Did some light sanding today around the car alot more work to do to it but i will slowely get there

Cess

Staff member
Instagram Staff
Reaction score
Country
EP Racing stuff does come from China. Cut out the middle man and buy it from AliExpress yourself.

When I bought my carbon fibre cooling panel from EP Racing, I naively thought I wasn't getting a Chinese item. But I did and it was a crap fit. Should have bought direct.

Reaction score
Country
Body kit has just been Collected by my painter

I'm toying with the idea of a black s15 unsure as of yet but this one looks awesome

Reaction score
Country
Ya i really do like the black ones i am going to refurb the LMGT4's tomorrow and hang onto them as a spare wheel

Reaction score
really good choice on choosing Uras Kit as I really like them and I have them on my car. Makes the car look very very low. :D

Reaction score
Country
Well colour has been decided on I will spray the car bronze with pearl going through it something like that of new nissan juke and new citroen ds4.
I test painted an area although it's hard to judge colour in picture it's quite nice in person!

Uras kit was test fitted over the weekend using just clips and masking tape so I could see was I happy all in all it turned out well I like the aggression from the skirts and bumpers

Really haven't decided on wheels as of yet I like some WED KRANZE models and also some WORKS models still need decisions to be made all I know is that I will go 18inch and that I want some dish

will add pics as soon as Photo bucket works

Last edited:
Reaction score
Country
So unfortunately pics aren't a good show of the colour but here's some teasers

As said above a very quick test fit of body kit

still awaiting alot of D-Max goodies to finish the body buts it's all a WIP

Reaction score
Country
I really am out in the open I turns of wheels I just can't decide I do however like the Weds

Reaction score
Country
That colour is actually amazing. it looks very similar to the colour peglio is painting the wheels on his civic ek build. Very nice choice

Reaction score
Country
Glad u agree in person it's very nice really like the pearl going through it just have a headache when it comes to wheels tho

Reaction score
Country
Thanks buddy, will get in contact with him. Looks to be a very good fitment that uras kit!
To be honest there was some work around the edges with this kit then again it is FiberGlass so works is expected with most kits unless you pay big $$$$$$
Liam He has very competitive prices too 500euro delivered to my door for Skirts Front Bumper and Rear Bumper

If Brian Doesnt have a Kit in stock try Driftbits.ie