What's new

2001 Spec R Restoration/Project car

Reaction score
Country
Dude, this car is looking better and better with every update, get it finished and polished and show off the colour in daylight!!! Are those Dmax tail lights?

Reaction score
Country
@s15 irl the Bronze on Bronze looks great in the flesh but itbis something i will be changing in the future as i plan to have something jdm mabe some strong offset ssr koenigs or sp1s

@Surfing Boris yep D-Max 50/50 led tail lights make a massive improvment on the amber and red standard ones
thanks for the comments

Reaction score
Country
This build took an unfortunate set back last week which put me miles behind schedule
The new Hel Performance hoses i bought were of a terrible quailty with all 3 hoses completely bursting at the crimping points meaning he floor of my unit was destroyed had to some many hours removing the manifold and turbo setup again and then restarting from where I left off with new pipes
Currently awaiting a response from hel themselves so Will see where it leads
[/URL
[URL=http://s996.photobucket.com/user/TerryTips/media/Mobile%20Uploads/20150220_114139_zpsl7qz5zjs.jpg.html]

Once this mishap was dealt with I went about the small last jobs aound the car like proper door lock positioning and so on
The time had then come to give it a once over and small touch up paints underneath arms etc
heres before

heres after

I then fitted all new pads all round new spark plugs new oil filter and my new Sandwich adapter plate for the oil pressure and oil temp gauges and finished the soldering and tidyied up the engine bay from mad wiring

The last piece of mechanical work was to fit mt locking collars and under braces this was much easier than I thought so was pleased once it only took about 35mins

The main point from my build this week was that I got to drive the car and the collars make a nice difference to the overal drive experience

I got to give te car its first hand wash and clean as we had a rare sunny day near cork city so I got to show off my colour in the sun
Heres some pics of what to expect.....car is currently very high due to Me having an nct test this week therefore I cant have it lowered to much