What's new

My k20 ek build

Reaction score
Country
Instagram
@Peglio13
Had a productive day today! Headed into work nice and early and got cracking. First belt sanded back all the holes I didn't want ready for welding

Got my mate to weld them up while I flatted my wheels then flatted them back slapped some fibreglass on them and flatted the rest of the bay back

Removed all the seam sealer and fibreglassed over all the joins then cracked on with a bit of filler

Then I treated myself to a cold one after a hard days graft and gave all the filler a quick etch so I can see where I'm at with it.

Plan for tomorrow is to give the wheels another couple of coats of primer and if they look good enough will wet on wet them and in between that will carry on sorting out this bay .
Hopefully get the bay painted next weekend , quarters welded on and engine in. May be a little ambitious we shall see ...

Reaction score
Country
Instagram
@Peglio13
Cheers buddy! Was on it about 12 hours yesterday my hands are dead ha ha trying to get my wheels painted today .
All good practice for the 15 though! Be my next job once I find my workspace . Hopefully be off the road over winter for upgrades and a light smooth/tuck

Reaction score
Country
Instagram
@Peglio13
Another productive , if not frustrating day.
Came to work to do some more bits , took the old girl for a spin was nice !

Painted my wheels, got them looking really nice then 2 of them reacted so I had to mess about with them for a while . They will need repainting at a later date but at least they can go on the car now ( will be getting winter wheels so will redo them while they are off the car )
Really happy with the colour though and they generally have come out better than I thought considering the condition of them

Will hopefully get some tyres this week along with some other bits and bobs .
Also hoping to get the bay to a paintable position but that will depend on how busy work is really

Reaction score
Country
Instagram
@Peglio13
So these came today .

Looks a nice bit of kit!
Don't really need the immobiliser delete now as have decided to get it mapped up properly to make the most out of my mods and also make sure it's running right and reliable seeing as it will be my daily

Reaction score
Country
Instagram
@Peglio13
Another piece of the puzzle arrived today. Few more bits and some paint she should be on the road then I can crack on with the 15

Reaction score
Country
Instagram
@Peglio13
Got a fair bit done today.
Another long day but can see its getting closer!
Decided to weld up a few more holes that j don't need

Then had some engine bay lunching

Fibreglassed and started smoothing it all in. Hopefully get some paint on it next week

End of the day

Whilst I was doing this I got my mate to crack on with the arch repairs

Rear end has some surface so going to blast that before I paint the car

Inner arches were a lot worse than the outers, shame they don't do replacements

This won't be needed
[

Last edited:
Reaction score
Country
Instagram
@Peglio13
This won't be needed

Then he cracked on with the other side after lunch which wasn't as bad . We were tempted to block off he filler cap while we were at it but decided to leave that for now as haven't thought it through properly yet ha

Last edited:
Reaction score
Country
Instagram
@Peglio13
Anyway end of the day the car was looking like this !

Very happy with the progress,
During the week we are going to sort the inner arches and hopefully stone chip then paint all the underside of the car ( if the boss lets me ) getting very close to engine in time! I'm excited

Reaction score
Country
Instagram
@Peglio13
Just a little update today I'm afraid as I had to actually work today (my boss is being a massive peenarse) ha ha tempted to sell this and my daily so I can get my own thing going .... Anyway didn't get loads done but did manage to smooth the calipers so I can paint them tomorrow and also flatted back 2 arms ready for paint that were absolutely covered in something ( stonechip or sealant of some sort ) and painted gold , yum!
Thinking to paint the arms etc the same colour as the wheels. Should look nice I reckon against the black( bought myself some stone chip in the week ready to do the underside ) probably going to be next week to get the welding done now meh

Reaction score
Country
Instagram
@Peglio13
Almost got all the parts I need now, just a need to order rbc,rad, tyres and a few little bits and I'm good to go! Parts from the states turned up today, really looking forward to finishing this car now. It's gone to a different level than I intended but I kind of knew that would happen as I never like to do things on the cheap! First up k tuned ram intake
Ktuned no cut shifter box. This thing looks amazing and I'm going to try and keep this on show when it's fitted
Hybrid racing tucked fuel lines with inline filter
Really happy with the parts I have bought for this project and if anyone is after really good prices parts I can strongly recommend HPT autosport, really good communication and prices My weekend are pretty mad atm so haven't done a lot on the at but have organised use of a ramp next week so will be finishing the inner arch welding and stone chipping underneath the car then I just need to finish the bay and get the car running ! Simples

Reaction score
Country
Instagram
@Peglio13
Thanks buddy. Is just my mess around project, should be a fun little daily!! Getting practice in before I start to rebuild the 15
Wheel nuts arrived today, another unforeseen expense! £63 later lol oh well at least I am pretty much there now.

This arrived too more pics to follow

Only need my rbc setup and some time to get the thing on the road

Reaction score
Country
Instagram
@Peglio13
Another little update, got my tyres through today! One of which is the wrong size but they are sending another that will be here Wednesday . One step closer at least , just need to sort out my rbc and some little bits and bobs now so it's all good

Reaction score
Country
Instagram
@Peglio13
Well then. Got a little bit done this weekend , at last! Still had actual work to do so was fitting it in around that BUT progress was made and that's all that matters!!

Rusty arch selfie yo

Got one arch fully welded up and a bit of filler work yesterday got quite far along with it then today

as you can see well up for working on a Sunday!
7 day weeks turns dreams into reality and stella, Stella helps

Managed to get the bay prep to a decent level so primed it up!!!!!

All looking good for paint next weekend and maybe more ...
Shaft turned up too but wasn't much use

Just to confirm we love this ****zle

Had a good day, lots of beer and car work dealt with so hopefully next weekend will have some good updates to follow !

Reaction score
Country
Instagram
@Peglio13
Base and lacquer turned up today: looks like the bay will get painted tomorrow! Changed my mind on colour last minute so I hope it looks alright

Reaction score
Country
Instagram
@Peglio13
Had a productive morning at work. Got the bay prepped
And then got some colour on it! ( after changing my mind again last minute ) first coat
Gave it 2 more heavy coats
Then 2 coats of ppg matte clearcoat
https://vimeo.com/113159841 Is really hard to get a good pic of the colour but will take some pics on Monday when I roll it out in the daylight! Very happy with the colour , bay could do with a bit more work but I will redo it once I get my own shop sorted
Hopefully engine in next weekend!

Reaction score
Country
Instagram
@Peglio13
Thanks mate! Being honest I have only had 6-7 days working on the car to get it to here! Most the time it's just sat around ha ha It's pretty similar to the volk racing Matt bronze when it's in daylight. Will get some pics on Monday when I roll it out. Hoping to get the power steering removal complete from the dc2 subframe this week, then bolt up wheels, brakes, subframe to the engine and drop the car onto it . Hopefully get the thing running in the next couple of weeks and on the road

Last edited: