What's new

My k20 ek build

Reaction score
Country
Instagram
@Peglio13
Cheers guys. Looks totally different in the daylight is pretty much gold!
Yeah man should be driving today ! Alarm is fitted few bits of paint to do by the weekend then mapping on Monday and onto the s15 project

Reaction score
Country
Instagram
@Peglio13
Little update. Car won't be getting mapped on Monday it's basically finished but had a few issues , bled the brakes and clutch but when I got to the last brake (passenger front) the pedal went rock solid and wouldn't bleed turned out one to be of the hel fittings was faulty! Luckily my mate is hel authorised so he popped a new fitting on and all good!next I had some running issues idle hunting between 1.5-3k going to clean the iacv which should sort that, other more worrying problem was the fact I couldn't adjust the fuel pressure at all, it would constantly run at 80psi ( meant to be 55) after a lot of messing around, trying different fpr etc it turned out to the return line from the fpr is too restrictive ( not good considering the amount they charge for these hose kits! Being specific for this swap would think it would at least work ha ha ) so I'm ordering some -6an hose and I'm going to run a new return line all the way to the tank.
While I was there today I decided to do some more painting , just the roof left to do now !

Next job is to nib flat and polish the whole car and make sure it's all running ok and get it booked in for mapping again! Hopefully should be all done by the end of the week and can get cracking on silv

S15AK

Reaction score
Country
looks super clean mate, mint finish :) a few niggles but you'd expect a few with it all being pretty much a new build..

Reaction score
Country
Instagram
@Peglio13
Cheers buddy! I'm really happy with how it came out be nice to see the whole car one colour finally ha ha yeah that's true! Still annoying as I would have had the car ready for mapping if it wasn't for that! At least I have time to make sure everything is 100% now before it gets abused on the dyno ha ha

Reaction score
Country
Instagram
@Peglio13
Gonna have to paint my bonnet again fml ha ha third time lucky??
Tip for the day. When you use sockets put them back, don't leave them on the inlet manifold when trial fitting your freshly painted bonnet I now have a lovely high spot in the front of my bonnet .....
All fits nice now though , bumper is on and 80% fits nice just the side that got bumped still sticks out a little .
High spot

Fits nice now it's all adjusted

Also took apart the iacv (was completely seized) and cleaned it all then greased it up so hopefully won't seize up again.
Fitted my hydro shield too while the intake was off

Reaction score
Country
Instagram
@Peglio13
Car is going to be sold now unfortunately. Going to drive t for a little bit first , it would be rude not to! But I have just done a deal on my first workshop so need the money for a booth, compressor etc

Reaction score
Country
Instagram
@Peglio13
The car has been sat looking sorry for itself while all this has been going on ! The unit is coming along nicely as is the s15 project

So I thought I would set about getting this thing on the road as the guy who wanted it never came through wth the cash.
So I ordered a new iacv

hopefully that will solve the idle issue, old one was getting power but wasn't actually doing anything ! If it does then I just need to bleed the clutch and brakes again, bleed the rad and top it up with anti freeze , get the alignment done and get it mapped and mot.
Minor really just been too busy to get it sorted .
In other news the car moves under its own steam
https://vimeo.com/138233859