What's new

Another Silvia, this time S15 / Hybrid

Feast Japan

Trader
Reaction score
Website
www.feastautoexport.co
Hey everyone, been ages since I logged in.
Well I sent the black S14 Silvia back to Canada, now with my father and he drives it here and there. Spec very good, quite proud of that build up and not planning on selling it anytime soon.

http://i43.photobucket.com/albums/e363/FEASTEXPORTER/Z31201Medium.jpg
http://i43.photobucket.com/albums/e363/FEASTEXPORTER/Z31203Medium.jpg
http://i43.photobucket.com/albums/e363/FEASTEXPORTER/Z31036Large.jpg
http://i43.photobucket.com/albums/e363/FEASTEXPORTER/Z31035Large.jpg

Just recently picked up a box stock 99' Silvia, been wanting one for ages however was not interested in keeping the SR in it. So an RB25 is going it in. As of right now the motor / trans / rear diff all removed. Have a pretty fresh RB25 going in, overhauled very recently. Bolting on Greddy genuine plenum, little fuel sys. work but for turbo not touching just yet.

Wheels right now are Racing Hart CP-F in 17X10J +15 on 235 40 tire. Fenders need roll & pull, no denying that. Not to mention front susp not dialed in and all the arms on the back end all stock...for now :)

Keeping in mind these big wheels just for street use. For circuit sticking to 9J like I did on the black S14.

Gauges gauge gauges. Been holding this new Greddy D/A meter for short while and now finally going to use it. I love Defi and all but with them you are stuck with a massive daisy chain of meters on the dash. With the Greddy you get just one gauge and the sub module can accept several sensor inputs. For this car im only using OP, WT and OT.

Should have R33 front member swapped, non-abs N1 master and lines and I/C core buttoned up this weekend.

Last edited:
Reaction score
Country
I'm planning on getting the same greddy gauge. How are you finding it? There isn't much info online about it

Reaction score
Country
Yea I've seen the preview video. I want a real world review lol. Keep it up

Reaction score
Country
When I was in the market for a gauge set, the Greddy D/A gauge was on the short list. I was talked out of it by a shop because of all the returns they had on them. I'm happy to hear that it's working out well for you.

I've also seen a few of your posts on FB. I can't wait to see that RB25 dropped in the bay :)

Feast Japan

Trader
Reaction score
Website
www.feastautoexport.co
Last weekend dumped the RB25 in after a bit of clean up work in the E/G room. R32 N1 master fitted also. Looking to tie everything together this coming weekend. Gonna be a fun little street car.

Feast Japan

Trader
Reaction score
Website
www.feastautoexport.co
Over the weekend managed to slide in the gearbox, fresh Nismo mount and fit the factory S15 Spec R trans floor brace. Tunnel needed a bit of hammering on either side, not much at all.

On the engine side the Greddy plenum went on & fitted BNR34 GTR I/C core. Front crash bar needed light trimming on lower side and for mounts simply used heavy duty L brackets which pretty much lined up perfectly with the front chassis legs and I/C lower mount points. Pleased it went in so smooth, BNR34 I/C great affordable option and super light weight vs. R32 R33 cores.

For the piping cut out medium sized hole next to the battery. On the passenger side the temp black pipe (off S13 SR20DET) fits perfectly, meeting the factory cut out for airbox inlet however going with one little larger with bov fitted, then resirc that back into lower inlet pipe.

Little odds and ends to sort out otherwise should be complete next weekend.

Feast Japan

Trader
Reaction score
Website
www.feastautoexport.co
Thought I should add. We are using the S15 PS pump however the IN line was too short so needed swap in longer hose.
Also screwed up and fitted PS13 clutch master which was too long and contacted back of the Greddy plenum. S15 factory unit looks very short, really hope that works...

Reaction score
Country
Man you sure work quick. Are you planning to replace the piping on the passenger side to something thicker in the future? (to match the other side)

What was the main complaint?

/threadjack
That they would end up non-responsive (Dead). I can't comment on the build quality now, but while I was shopping for gauges... I was steered elsewhere.

Reaction score
Country
Hmm. Will make sure the store I buy it from has a returns policy. Cheers for that.

Feast Japan

Trader
Reaction score
Website
www.feastautoexport.co
Man you sure work quick. Are you planning to replace the piping on the passenger side to something thicker in the future? (to match the other side)
Yes, have larger pipe to go on. Should have all these loose ends tied together by Friday then by Saturday fit the all new harness on the motor.

And about the Greddy D/A, the major complaint over here in Japan was that they would draw too much power and kill the battery over a short period of time. Im still using that gauge and just keeping the memory power lead disconnected.

Feast Japan

Trader
Reaction score
Website
www.feastautoexport.co
Ken my wiring guy dropped by yesterday and we finished up the harness, real nice finish to it. Engine fired right up and sounded great. Speed meter works too :)

Few loose ends to sort out, hopefully first shakedown next Friday night in Tokyo..super excited to pounce on this SpecRB Silvia