What's new

My ongoing money pit s15 :D

Reaction score
Country
Good work, Im liking the direction your taking with this. You have me thinking about loosing the abs now.....:confused:

Kev

Reaction score
Country
Cheers lads :thumbs: its come along way from when I bought it! As for the abs removal, i mainly did it because of the topmount turbo setup as it was just going to cook the brakes. Plus the added bonus of better pedal feel is always a bonus lol :D

Not got a lot of updates at the moment as I've been trying to get some overtime in, so I can fund the remaining jobs left before a fresh map. Which are!

Custom downpipe (the one I made is blowing from the vband) plus im not the best welder in the world lol..
bit of silicone piping for the Intercooler
vac lines
New apexi filter
Then the £420 for the remap :cry:
on the plus side i've found a spoiler that fits quiet nicely :cool:
[/URL][/IMG]

Last edited:

Kev

Reaction score
Country
Finally a little progression! After a little bit of searching, I finally found a local exhaust fabricator so I phoned up and booked the car in :D
So I then gave a friend a call and asked to borrow his trailer so I could get the car the 26 miles to the garage. After a little pissing around with the towbar on my daily bmw I got the trailer hitched up :)
[/URL][/IMG]
[/URL][/IMG]

My good old diesel bmw done me proud.. honestly this thing is a tank, the amount of stuff that gets chucked in the back of this thing and the use it gets and still returns over 55mpg on a run and 33 when towing the s15 with a boot full of tools, jacks ect.. plus always a bonus having something for when the datsun doesn't want to work :)

Last edited:

Kev

Reaction score
Country
So I dropped the car off at 8am at torque techniques and it was ready to be picked up by 3 so was happy about that :thumbs:
[/URL][/IMG]
[/URL][/IMG]

I can honestly say, I am happy that it finally sounds like a car again instead of a tractor...
Also sorted out a couple of other bits that the car needed such as a new genuine apexi air filter and a new hkb boss as my old one decided to break in half :annoyed:
also sorted out the silicone joiner for my intercooler so no more boost leaks :thumbs:

so I'm glad it's now close to being ready for a remap..
only things I can think that are left to do now is.

vac lines
finish wiring up my boost and oil pressure gauge.

Kev

Reaction score
Country
Quick update!
I've finally got the car booked in for a remap with Greg gush @ Pro Tuner on the 23rd of January :)
Also bought some vac lines. And a 0.9 bar wastegate spring as greg said that would suit my setup better. Also heat wrapped the downpipe..
[/URL][/IMG]

Kev

Reaction score
Country
Looking forward to actually getting to drive it again :nod:
driving a dirty diesel everyday takes its toll on you lol :cry:

Kev

Reaction score
Country
Well I thought I should try keep this updated, so recently things have started getting better :nod: yesterday I took the car to redditch for the remap with Greg Gush at Protuner.
Where after a couple of small issues such as boost leaks and the exhaust vband leaking were fixed, it finally made it on the dyno :thumbs:
[/URL][/IMG]

First run didn't go to well only making 310bhp due to the cam timing that Horsham developments done so Greg redone the cam timing resulting in a impressive 414BHP :cool:
[/URL][/IMG]

After speaking to Greg, he said the setup was capable of so much more but having a stock bottom end we could'nt really push it any more..
It made 375 torque, again we was going to push for more torque but means more boost. At the moment the boost controller is set to external wastegate pressure only.

The noise of the car now is absolutely epic :D that really is the only way to describe it.. I've spent the day today sorting all the little bits and pieces and hopefully get to drive it tomorrow.
I know you are thinking, what you haven't driven it! I refitted the fan crowling and its catching on the fan now so can't drive it until its sorted.

Kev

Reaction score
Country
So plans for tomorrow are,
finish the crowling for the radiator
sort out a vacuum line,
DRIVE IT :nod: :D

Reaction score
Country
Looks great mate! 414bhp is pretty sweet, I'd be interested to see what it came out with with a rebuilt bottom end! I'm feeling a little jealousy creep in

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Kev

Reaction score
Country
Cheers lads :thumbs: Greg said it would of made a very comfortable 500bhp if I had a built bottom end as it made 414 at only 0.9 bar boost. Holsets don't tend to get really going until 1.5+bar

well I finally got to drive it on Sunday and all I can say is jesus christ it's quick. I've been in some fast cars but its like a rocket :cool: it does spool later than the old t28 but what do expect from the size of it lol..

I still managed to get it sideways :D just a little harder than before due to me not being man enough for the extra speed you need to carry.

well I'll be doing a couple of little tweaks to the car on Saturday then think about booking a drift day at Lydden or pod.

Kev

Reaction score
Country
Actually I have lads :D but it's on a mates phone as mine died.. I'll try get them off him and upload them if I can :thumbs:

it's on a s14 box so won't last long.. but I'll look into a 350z conversion or a rb box conversion later on.
As for the specs on the turbo, it's a compressor racing hy35 10cm exhaust housing, mated to a japspeed topmount, tial 38mm external wastegate with a 0.9bar spring, custom downpipe.

Reaction score
Country
I look forward to watching!! Should bring it for Japfest as well bud! Would love to see it in the flesh.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Kev

Reaction score
Country
Well hopefully I can make japfest this year! Last year I was changing out bushes instead of having fun in it lol..