What's new

Nath's Pewter Spec R

Reaction score
Country
Well after waiting over 3 months since i bought the car, i finally picked it up from Torque GT pn Saturday. 1 owner from new with full japanese service history so was a perfect base car.
The car has just over 75,000 miles and only had Nismo suspension & a Nismo gearknob and that's it.
As soon as i got it home i fitted my Apexi cone filter just make it sound abit better on boost :)
Once i got it home though i noticed that somebody had opened their door onto my passenger door and dented it slightly and chipped some paint off. Was annoyed to say the least. Last thing i want to do is to start painting panels as i cant stand mismatching panels
Hopefully can touch it up and polish over it :) The car definately need a machine polish though as the paintwork is abit flat.
Here's a couple of pics of the car

Ive also trial fitted my front splitter and aero spoiler. What you guys reckon? Im tempted to remove the centre brake light on the spoiler aswell

Last edited:
Reaction score
Country
Instagram
@liamb91
Hi Dude,

Its Liam :wave: As said the car looks lovely! the front lip will make the front look alot better :D Theres someone on here whos taken the brakelight out of there rear spoiler, looks great

Jaydej

Reaction score
Country
how did you get the holes right on the spoiler?

Reaction score
Country
lucky u its very clean nice
Thanks buddy :)

Hi Dude,
Heyy Liam! :D Fitted the splitter at work just before i finished, doesnt look too bad :) Ive seen a few done without the brake light i really do like it so may get a price from a bodyshop to get it done and fitted
Its Liam :wave: As said the car looks lovely! the front lip will make the front look alot better :D Theres someone on here whos taken the brakelight out of there rear spoiler, looks great
how did you get the holes right on the spoiler?
The spoiler hasnt actually been fitted, i just got my dad and next door neighbour to place it onto the masking tape to see what it looks like :)

Reaction score
Country
Hey I'm glad your silvia arrived mate, was worth the wait.

Looks like a really good base too work on.

Reaction score
Country
Hey I'm glad your silvia arrived mate, was worth the wait.

Looks like a really good base too work on.
Cheers Vinnie! In a way i regret not buying an already modded s15 as it would save me some money but then again it could've cost me alot of money at the same time lol

I fitted my splitter last week, looks abit silly atm as the car is on stilts so should look better once i eventually get some coilovers. Til i probably rip it off on a speedbump haha

Booked the car in for a custom exhaust for next week so it makes abit more noise as it's silent with the standard system!
Also gave the car its first clean earlier. Doesnt come up too bad for just a quick wash. Desperately needs a good machine polish to bring up the paint and sort out the headlights :)

Reaction score
nice base car to start with mate. Is it just me or that gear stick looks a bit higher than usual? :|

Reaction score
Country
Picked the car up yesterday after having a custom 3" catback system done and the difference compared to standard is unreal! Looks sooo much better and is so loud! Think i regret taking the silencer out lol. Loving the massive bangs on gear change though, however only does it when it feels like it :)
If anybody wants a custom exhaust local to Walsall or anybody willing to travel, get in touch with John Ashley Exhausts. Lifetime warranty and brilliant work. The exhaust hasnt been polished yet as the polisher is on holiday however getting the whole system polished when i have the front section done, the polishing is included in the price
Couple of the all important pics

Reaction score
Country
Nice car mate nice and clean literally :) mine was standard when I got it but I think for a first s15 there is more satisfaction to build one yourself. Out I internet do you know how much lower the nismo suspension is to the stock suspension? I want to fit coilovers to mine but my drive is quite steep and if I get it as low as I want I don't think it will get up the drive :( so when you get your coilovers I may be interested in buying your nismos if you want to sell obviously and if they're in good order. Looking forward to the updates!

Reaction score
Country
Nice car mate nice and clean literally :) mine was standard when I got it but I think for a first s15 there is more satisfaction to build one yourself. Out I internet do you know how much lower the nismo suspension is to the stock suspension? I want to fit coilovers to mine but my drive is quite steep and if I get it as low as I want I don't think it will get up the drive :( so when you get your coilovers I may be interested in buying your nismos if you want to sell obviously and if they're in good order. Looking forward to the updates!
Thanks very much buddy :) Yeah i wanted a nice stock one to build myself but do regret not buying an already modded one to save a few pennies. I havent got a clue how much lower the Nismo suspension is compared to standard tbh, will probably be around 15/20mm at a guess. When i come to sell the setup i'll let you know :)

Reaction score
Country
Made my first decent purchase for the car, a second hand H-Dev manifold. Apparently these make a decent difference, mainly sound wise. Is this true? Here it is

Also a certain member on here offered a nice JDM, erm, 'toy' to put in my car to make it less boring so here it is lol

Earned myself some handy JDM points too :D

Done abit of a pikey mod aswell. The rear wiper looks absolutely pants so decided to remove it. Unfortunately ive had to leave the motor fitted still as i can not for the life of me find a 30mm grommet to fill the hole in the glass, as im not paying the money for a moonface one.

Ive also contemplated getting a new turbo and everybody seems to get the Garret GT2871r, so looked at the Tomei M7960 turbo kit. Anyone had experience with one or know of anyone who has?

The car shall be getting its first service soon aswell, getting some 5w40 Millers Nanodrive oil from Opie Oils and trying to find the cheapest place for some NGK BKR7EIX plugs, any suggestions? Cheers :)

Last edited:
Reaction score
Country
They're an absolute bastard finding those blanking grommets. I found some in a catalogue for small plastic goods. Ended up buying two just in case

Reaction score
Country
Yup but I'm in New Zealand lol. They'll be around. Just leave the motor in place until you find some. There'll be heaps of small plastic goods suppliers in the UK

Reaction score
Country
H-DEV Manifolds seem pretty good quality mate, don't hear much of the cracking, like some other makes. (thats why i went with Tomei just to be safe)

I got my blanking grommet from the local motorfactors IIRC.

The builds i have seen using the Tomei turbo doesnt seem to have as high gains as the GT2871r. but it may be super responsive and lose out top end, which would suit some people.

Reaction score
Country
do you know how much lower the nismo suspension is to the stock suspension? I want to fit coilovers to mine but my drive is quite steep and if I get it as low as I want I don't think it will get up the drive
The Nismo S-Tune suspension lowers the S15 20mm front and rear from standard, I've got it installed and we did before and after measurements. This is also confirmed in the Nismo parts catalogues I have.

John-

Reaction score
Country
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Premium-C...t=UK_Hand_Tools_Equipment&hash=item43c4f654a9

Buy 100 and be the go to guy for S15 blanking grommets!
I paid £5 for mine because I got bored of looking in the end!

JMD_virgin for the suspension I think you're better of getting coilovers, you'll only be thinking 'what if' if you get the S-Tune's and don't like the feel or ride height.
Mine's fairly low and I can drive around my works steep multi-storey easily. If it really is that steep, at least with coilovers you can go as low as physically possible :nod:

Last edited:
Reaction score
Country
H-DEV Manifolds seem pretty good quality mate, don't hear much of the cracking, like some other makes. (thats why i went with Tomei just to be safe)

I got my blanking grommet from the local motorfactors IIRC.

The builds i have seen using the Tomei turbo doesnt seem to have as high gains as the GT2871r. but it may be super responsive and lose out top end, which would suit some people.

I looked at the Japspeed manifolds but EVERYBODY says they crack after only a couple of months, the H-Dev manifolds are strengthened aswell apparently. Bhp isnt that important to me tbh, my old astra turbo was only 219bhp but was quicker than some around 260bhp because of the better map. If they have a better response then that's perfect for me as i very rarely get close to the higher revs anyway.