What's new

Nath's Pewter Spec R

Jaydej

Reaction score
Country
To bring up the shine, I work in a body shop and I suggest you get 3m fast cut it's well priced and you can't get better cutting agent then maybe use black holes polish I used it on mine take a look on my thread

Reaction score
Country
To bring up the shine, I work in a body shop and I suggest you get 3m fast cut it's well priced and you can't get better cutting agent then maybe use black holes polish I used it on mine take a look on my thread
Cheers mateyy, think i may get myself some. Yours looks mint after the machind polish, seems to make the paint a brighter colour

Jaydej

Reaction score
Country
Yeah it's a thick cutting compound and basically acts as wet & dry and a polish at the same time, what happeneds with thelacquer on our cars is the same as the headlights the minerals over there seems to really eat Into it and 3m fast cut (green) really works the lacquer well. But word of advice don't scrimp out on how much you use because when it becomes dry it will burn through very quickly

Jaydej

Reaction score
Country
09550 pad
50417 fast cut
ebay is your best bet or
http://www.cleanyourcar.co.uk/polishing/polish/3m-polish/cat_85.html
i use like I orangy coloured pad which is the number I have you but on the link I posted they have a green pad I've never used the green pad so I don't know what it's like.

i recommend getting a 3m soft pad for your polish aswell works amazing

the stuff is abit pricey but well worth for the finish

Reaction score
Country
Ive finally seen sense and decided to keep the car :)
I'd regret selling the car without doing any decent mods to it
Removed the recirc valve the other night, drove the car and the boost flew upto 1bar, i was only boosting to about 0.8bar before so the recirc was obviously leaking. Such a savage car now with 1bar of boost, cant wait to get some more mods done

Reaction score
Country
When i first picked the car up the steering wheel was pretty worn so had planned to change it but wasn't a priority. However the pleather decided to give way and leave my hands quite sticky after every journey so a new wheel was required. Decided to go for an OMP Corsica wheel and HKB boss kit.
Thought fitting the wheel was going to be a 10 minute job, ohhhh was i wrong. Seems Nissan thought it was a good idea to use security torx bolts for the airbox retaining bolts, and then use superhuman locktight on the thread! So of course the bolts rounded off. Had to then wait for 4 hours for my dad to get home so i could rob his drill and drill the heads off. Eventually that was sorted and the old wheel was off and the new wheel was on. After faffing about trying to get the horn to work for abit the job was finally done. Looks a billion times better than the old worn wheel and feels nice whilst driving too. Apart from the extra stretching my fingers need to do now to indicate and use the wipers haha
As usual, this post will be useless without pictures

Before

After

Last edited:
Reaction score
Country
Nath,

did you ever get the horn to work? i am also removed my steering wheel and need to wire the horn to the NRG quick release hub. just don't know where that wire is..

Reaction score
Country
Not much to update on ATM as the car is now SORN'd so is lff the road
Finally put my private plate on a week or so ago. Slightly illegal but oh well ;)

This little piece finally turned up the other day too so had to fit it to see how it looked

Definately need to get the engine bay brightened up abit as it's pretty dull in standard form. Looking at a candy red colour theme but not 100% yet
New boost, oil pressure and oil temperature gauge should be next on payday then hopefully coilovers and wheels shall follow

Reaction score
Country
Havent got much done to the car as i seem to spend my money before i can buy car parts. Managed to get my Works Engineering stepper boost gauge fitted, which turned out to be a pretty easy job. Now i can run more than 1bar of boost when i eventually get some decent engine mods!

Also felt the need to brighten up the interior slightly so bought some Yashio Factory bits from Matt from Limitless Imports, highly recommend him for your Japanese part requirements :)

If i can get a few things sold then i should hopefully be finally ordering some coilovers, when i actually decide which ones i want!

Reaction score
Country
Made another little purchase, this time an exterior one. Been after a set of these for a while and finally a pair came up! In my colour too :D

Of course i had to trial fit them. Try & ignore the masking tape

There's a couple of marks on them so im gonna get them sprayed & fitted when i eventually find some rear spats and get my front bumper done aswell as my managing director very kindly opened a gate onto it and took a little chunk out

Reaction score
Country
Had the tip of my backbox changed on Friday night, gone for a longer straight cut tip from the slash cut tip. Also had a decat made up and fitted too, the bangs are so loud now!