What's new

Nath's Pewter Spec R

Reaction score
Country
The Nismo S-Tune suspension lowers the S15 20mm front and rear from standard, I've got it installed and we did before and after measurements. This is also confirmed in the Nismo parts catalogues I have.
Wasnt a bad guess from me saying it was 20mm lower :D Handles really well tbh, just not low enough for me. The chassis bracing makes a massive difference. Never driven a braced car before my s15

Reaction score
Country
Got home to a couple of packages today. This is what they contained

H-Dev manifold

NGK BKR7EIX spark plugs, i was told they were best upto around 1bar of boost?

And a manual boost controller which i fitted straight away

Im now running around 0.7 bar which is a massive difference compared to the 0.5 bar i was running. I can actually hear turbo now and the flutter dump sounds good. Hoping to have the manifold fitted before Japshow this weekend. Just waiting on my oil now so i can service it aswell. Anybody else going to Japshow?

Reaction score
Country
My 30mm grommets arrived in the post the other day so i finished my pikey mod and removed the rear wiper motor. Looks alot better now

Serviced the car today for Japshow at Santa Pod tomorrow, damn oil filter is in a crappy place lol. Having big hands really doesnt help either! Almost had to climb into the engine bay to change number 4 spark plugs as it seems so far away, im 6ft4 aswell lol.
Had abit of a scare last night with the car, went over an island on a dual carriage way which is cambered, covered in diesel and oil and it was raining aswell, i touched the throttle to accelerate and totally lost grip on the rear. Back end swung right out and twatted the curb on the passenger side, made a right bang! Luckily ive only curbed the wheels and the tracking was knocked out slightly which i adjusted earlier.

Since buying the car the cloudy headlights have bothered me slightly so today i decided to sort them out. Made the most of Halfrauds' 3for2 offer and bought a Meguiars headlight restoration kit, this is how they looked before and after i restored them. Not perfect but alot better

Reaction score
Country
Fancy posting me one of them grommets nath? ;)

Sent from my iPod touch using Tapatalk

Reaction score
Country
What a mission the past two days have been! Decided to have half a day at work yesterday as their wasnt alot of work in. So finished at 1pm and decided to get the H-Dev manifold fitted as the weather was beautiful too. The job of removing the manifold and turbo werent too bad. However struggled to find a way of disconnecting the 02 sensor connector. Was that brittle though as soon as i touched it with a screwdriver the connector just pretty much dissintigrated :( so will need to replace that somehow soon. Coolant and oil lines were a massive pain in the arse to remove as my big hands couldnt fit in the tiny gaps. This was the result after a couple of hours

Then was time to swap the manifolds over. Whoever came up with this idea needs shooting though!

Swapped the manifolds over, however i came to abit of an obstacle. A stud on the manifold got in the way of the coolant return hose so i couldnt get it to fit. Thought great i cant fit it, so offered it up to the engine to see how it would look anyway. Then the manifold wouldnt even slide onto the studs! The holes in the flange are like 5mm out for some reason. So then had to swap the manifolds again and refit everything. By this time i had been on it for over 5 hours. Trying to reconnect all the coolant and oil lines felt impossible. I couldnt get my hands in to attach then to the block and i was so physically tired i couldn't lift the turbo anymore. So finished at around 10pm
Today i cracked on with it again and struggled my balls off just trying to connect all the lines again. As it still has the standard copper lines so they wouldnt budge! Eventually i somehow reconnected everything and all the bits were bolted back together. Just need to somehow sort out the 02 sensor connectors as ive had to cabletie them together atm.
I DO NOT want to do all that again

I do have one positive though, finally fitted a stereo after almost 2 months of trying to listen to my iphone with my exhaust haha. Found out a while ago that my car has had Pioneer speakers fitted to the front and back so got a Pioneer stereo (im anal like that haha)
Connected everything up with my Nissan Micra ISO adapter but the damn thing wouldn't switch on. Then found out i had to earth the wiring so earthed it to the brace behind the centre console, i now have music and the speakers sound pretty good! :)

Last edited:
Reaction score
Country
Then was time to swap the manifolds over. Whoever came up with this idea needs shooting though!
Ah yes, myself and two buddies did mine a couple of weeks back, never thought I'd ever actually put literal blood sweat and tears into a car. What an absolute nightmare. If you didn't already, then I'd recommend changing the water feed and return + oil feed and return on the turbo to braided lines. Who ever came up with solid fixed lines needs shot, what a nightmare. You might want to keep an eye on the bolts / nuts joining the manifold to the turbo. My car rattled out the first set and blew the gasket, so had to replace with longer bolts and used two nuts to create a locking nut + threadlock. No problems since haha.

We hauled the turbo out of the car to put my manifold on, but we did the downpipe at the same time. Such a nightmare.

Car looks great though! I wouldn't advise doing the rear brake light delete on the aero spoiler by the way, from what I've seen, the aero spoilers are worth a fair few pennies, you would be better just buying a replica spoiler without the center strut, they do make them.

Looking forward to seeing more :)

Reaction score
Country
Ah yes, myself and two buddies did mine a couple of weeks back, never thought I'd ever actually put literal blood sweat and tears into a car. What an absolute nightmare. If you didn't already, then I'd recommend changing the water feed and return + oil feed and return on the turbo to braided lines. Who ever came up with solid fixed lines needs shot, what a nightmare. You might want to keep an eye on the bolts / nuts joining the manifold to the turbo. My car rattled out the first set and blew the gasket, so had to replace with longer bolts and used two nuts to create a locking nut + threadlock. No problems since haha.

We hauled the turbo out of the car to put my manifold on, but we did the downpipe at the same time. Such a nightmare.

Car looks great though! I wouldn't advise doing the rear brake light delete on the aero spoiler by the way, from what I've seen, the aero spoilers are worth a fair few pennies, you would be better just buying a replica spoiler without the center strut, they do make them.

Looking forward to seeing more :)
Yeah i dont think ive ever sweared so much in my life doing a job on a car! Used so much energy trying to wrestle everything together i was close to passing out haha! If the nuts come loose on the manifold to turbo, i think i'd just sell the car lol. I have refitted the standard copper lines, the car is the daily so need it for work tomorrow so couldnt wait for some braided lines. Where would you recommend getting braided lines from?

I am very tempted the remove the centre brake light and i noticed the other day that it looks a right pain in the arse to route the wiring for the brake light. I havent got a clue where it routes tbh. Will have a think though as i definately need a spoiler!
Cheers for the compliment buddy :)

Reaction score
Country
Yeah i dont think ive ever sweared so much in my life doing a job on a car! Used so much energy trying to wrestle everything together i was close to passing out haha! If the nuts come loose on the manifold to turbo, i think i'd just sell the car lol. I have refitted the standard copper lines, the car is the daily so need it for work tomorrow so couldnt wait for some braided lines. Where would you recommend getting braided lines from?

I am very tempted the remove the centre brake light and i noticed the other day that it looks a right pain in the arse to route the wiring for the brake light. I havent got a clue where it routes tbh. Will have a think though as i definately need a spoiler!
Cheers for the compliment buddy :)
Apex or Driftworks supply braided lines for the S15's, honestly if you ever find yourself going back into the turbo/manifold area, it will make things a whole lot easier. We went from taking a day or so to haul everything out to getting it all out, work done and back in within 6 hours, as the stalling point was re-attaching the solid lines. Was more difficult for us as we were bringing the turbo out attached to the manifold, but even still, the solid lines are well known to break so worth replacing anyway.

Have never checked the wiring, so honestly couldn't tell you, would have to go check mine. I've been wanting to take my aero wing off and get a custom made ducktail done, but it's just time & money. But was adviced by numerous S15 owners that the Aero wing is becoming rarer and worth a fair few. But I agree, I don't think they suit no spoiler, personally.

Reaction score
Country
Started making some decent exterior changes to the car over the past couple of weeks. Firstly i fitted the aero spoiler that i bought before i even had the car. Tried finding a boot with the holes already drilled but none popped up so drilled the holes myself at work. Just marked the centre of the holes inside the boot lid and drilled. Think it looks alot better now personally

Having the pathetic standard wheels started to bug me too as they look crap and the car was horrible to drive in the wet as the 205's just arent wide enough. Plus the tyres were stepped to so had a droning noise over 30mph. So pickec these up a few weeks ago for a good price

A set of genuine Rays Volk TE37's with pretty much brand new Nankang NS-2R tyres fitted. The wheels are slightly different though as they're 17x8.5j et30 and 18x9.5j et12. Obviously had to fit them as soon as i got home, there's a slight issue with the 18's though haha

They stick out quite abit so going to get the hub faces machined slightly, fit narrower tyres and have some negative camber. Not risking getting pulled by the coppers so fitted the 17's on the back and put the standard wheels back on the front

Had my first issue a few weeks ago too. The car decided to dump all of its coolant within 2 miles of driving. Luckily i was near a petrol station so filled it with water and nursed it home. Found that the banjo bolt washer for the turbo coant feed pipe on the block was leaking. So managed to get some new copper washers and fix that, definately need to get myself some braided turbo lines next though! Took 2 hours to try and get the banjo back in the block as the standard copper pipe was a right pain.

Reaction score
Country
As i sorted the car in time i was able to go to Japfest 2 at Donington so had to give the car a good clean. Also decided to clay bar the paintwork as its pretty crap tbh. Ive noticed a few imported cars seem to have rubbish paintwork. When i sarted claying i thought i had picked up a sanding pad! Feels much better now. Still needs a machine polish to give it a good shine and to clear some defects (washer fluid stained bonnet).

Here's a couple of pics of the car from Japfest 2, it got alot of attention which is convincing me to keep it as ive contemplated selling it

Daveizz

Reaction score
Country
Just a question, but since you've put an aero spoiler on your trunk, what are you going to do with the OEM rearlight behind your rear window?
If you decide to sell it, here's an interested person :-D

Last edited:
Reaction score
Country
Just a question, but since you've put an aero spoiler on your hood, what are you going to do with the OEM rearlight behind your rear window?
If you decide to sell it, here's an interested person :-D
Will more than likely just remove the bulb to be honest buddy. May change my mind on the spoiler in the future so gonna keep it just incase :)

Reaction score
Country
Just abit of an update on the car
Purchased a DAS6 machine polisher and gave the car a little tlc. Still not how i want it but slightly better. Looks like the paintwork us gonna need wetsanding tbh as its still pretty dull. Improved the scuff on the rear bumper though and shifted some of the stains on the bonnet

Got the 18" Volks fitted on the rear finally too on the saturday before i headed down to silverstone to camp for Trax. Had a slight issue with the tyres so didnt think i'd get them in time but luckily i did
Here's a few more pics of the wheels all fitted and some pics from Trax. The wheels are for sale now though if anybody is interested :)

Decided to remove my JDM dildo gearknob too as it was starting to affect gearchanges, so refitted the Nismo gearknob and touched up the logo. Gearchanges are perfect and solid again now