What's new

Jazz's S15 from Sydney.

O

oaojazz

Okay i have introduced myself on the introductions page but honestly wanted to keep an on going diary of my work on the car.
its been roughly 8 months in already but i'll try start from the beginning :)

Started off with this guy
full Vertex Body kit and a random metal intake
and a random short shifter. (well not too sure if random or not :S)
and Apexi cat-back and still not sure on other parts of the exhuast. yet to have a thorough look.

Really hated the Vertex kit at first and was planning to change over to a full aero kit. and now.. i don't know but i just love the thing.

Spent quite some hours into researching sizes and tyre sizes for s15's (with just the rolled guards)
and came to a conclusion that 18x9&10 +18 all round with R Disc fronts (to go bigger brakes later down the track) and O Disc rears (cause i love dish xD)
then wrapped with 215/40 and 235/40 tyres

I ordered the rims about 2 months before i got my car from Japan *via Justjap
and immediately changed the colour of them to a Candy Blue
learnt how to spray from CustomSpraymods from youtube and used the same product they used on candy paints from DNA paints

Thankfully they turned out great :D!

Managed to find a guy near my area selling the Boot lid with the GT wing attached with middle delete for a fair price and went to grab it at 10pm xD just in case... someone else snatched it. and with my luck it happened to be in pearl white also :D win-win.

though upon putting the rims on with stock suspensions i never took noticed that my car was going to look so bad without lowering it.
and you can imagine the train of thought i had when it turned out like this (all that studying and endless hours of reading to turn out like this!?)

the next week came and i bought HSD HR coilovers and quickly dropped the car down with the help of the natural camber. it turned out to be exactly where i'd thought it'd be. :) and also Project KICS revo neo chrome nuts. ( cause i thought they looked cool xD and with the lock nut for that added protection :) yes... a impulse buy)
although i found it weird that the right side sits closer inwards compared to the passenger side ? roughly a couple millimetres.

Moving on... the guy i bought the car off was nice enough to include a plazaman front mount intercooler which i later found out costed quite some coin from retail :D so im grateful for that.
Bought the New Greddy OLED boost controller. thought it was a bit confusing at first but eventually made sense (was actually quite confused with all these hoses and plugs upon opening the box =\). but it worked out good.
and changed over to a Walbro 255LPH Fuel pump.remember reading somewhere i should think about supporting modifications before power modifications.
also the blue Racer series Defi boost guage had come in to replace my broken factory one.
(i actually learnt off this forum on wiring guides haha).

enough for today. i will add more later on !

O

oaojazz

Auss15 - Are you on SilviaRepublic/ SilviaRepublic Sydney ? on facebook. we're cruising down to Wollongong with about 90 people confirmed so far. more of a meet and greet and a bbq. i personally don't know anyone there but seem to be the nicest bunch of people i've ever met.

Continuing on.. About a month and a half ago i was involved in a car accident. The bloke was driving a old school Holden commodore and took floored the corner in the wet whilst i was waiting for the traffic lights. literally 1 street away from my house... and this was the outcome.

fortunately enough for me the guy had insurance and all is well. now just the wait.(Almost 2 months now)
Replaced radiator support bar or Reo bar. im not sure what that bar is called. or both im unsure.
They offered me Genuine Jap spec R lights (had aus spec lights on her prior)
The smash repairs are also re tucking my wires under the driver fender cause apparently my tuck job was still getting scraped from the tyres =\ (was quite sure i did an awesome job on that too)
replacing front bar fender and door and colour matched
also a free boot and wing respray to match the colour of the car (it was alot more whiter then my cars paint. and the guy thought it looked bad)
but im not complaining :)

well with the excruciating long wait. what else could i do.. but too scavenge the internet for more things to do on the car... well atleast things that seemed easy enough to do. Endless hours of reading and watching videos on the interwebs (if i put this much train of thought in school. i would've been much.. much more sucessful..),
here is what i have collected so far. :D (yes half these things i don't even need...but why not. gives me a reason to stay home on weekends with beers and what i've recently fallen in love with!)

TAS motorsport Anodized blue lightweight pulleys (didnt get the crank as i've read some things)
Random alluminium 15cm gearknob
O2 sensor
Braided clutch line (remember reading something about getting rid of the Clutch dampener for a better clutch feel)
Gates waterpump
Nismo low-temp thermostat
Nismo gearbox mount
GKtech rocker arm stoppers
GKtech high-flow radiator fan
GKtech Eccentric throttle wheel
t3 4000 series DBA rotors
QFM HPX front and rear brake pads
Sard fuel pressure regulator
Power FC D-jetro (though i need the wiring harness for the Air-temp sensor and the mazda air temp sensor :( )

oh and also MTX 6x9 T6C693 speakers
MTX 4000 thunder series 12inch sub and cheapy 4 channel and monoblock amps just to run them :)
gotta love music.

and yes i know half these things i don't even need.. but i fell in love with working on cars for some reason. and can't help it. come to realise what a costly hobby this has become. haha but no regrets ! still got heaps to learn and excited for it.

O

oaojazz

okay, Car is back on the road from smash repairs and i have to say i love the work they put into it. colour matched it, Since the old paint was partially yellow. he even re-tucked my wires cause it was still scrubbing and resprayed the boot and wing for free because the colour was off. well worth the 2 months wait :D

Photo by William Phanthana via William Phanthana photography on facebook.
We had a cruise down from sydney to wollongong on the 18/may/14 and just happy to have this thing back on the road again.
I managed to chuck on the DBA t3 4000 series rotors and QFM HPX brake pads on for the time being. hopefully i will get more time and money to throw everything else on :).