What's new

Marc's Pewter S15

Reaction score
Country
Ok, here I'll go.

After driving a Honda Civic Type-R (FN2) for some years now, I decided to get something more powerful. Because I really like the S15 and its sooo rare in Germany, I searched a while to find this beauty.

Specs:

Nissan Silvia S15 Spec R
03/1999
84400km
286PS (Thats what they told me when buying the car... It has already been at the dyno, but I haven't got the Documents... so maybe its less ;) ).

- HKS Super Power Flow Intake
- NISMO Super CopperMix Clutch
- Fujitsubo RM-01A Catback
- HKS TurboTimer Type 1
- Engine Torque Damper
- AUDM Cluster
- Spec-R Aero Rear Wing
- Tein Monoflex Coilover
- Rear Windows tinted black
- Nismo Front Strut Bar
- Nismo Rear Strut Bar
- Yashio Factory LED Taillights
- Nismo clear Side Winker

After taking a look under the car I was positivley surprised... This beauty really is in good condition. Absolutely no rust. Unluckily I forgot to take pictures. But I thought there might be some crappy things below ;)
Only bad thing... One of that Monoflex Dampers is oiling and the rear tires are nearly without any profile...
Lots of stone chips and a really bad looking front bumper will need some attention... but I guess thats normal with a 15 year old lady.

Unluckily I will have to wait until June to get proper German Documentation for the car. Before that I'm not allowed to drive anymore. Thats the time to fix some small dents ;)

Ohh... and the duct tape will surely be removed :rotfl:

Here are some first shots I've taken with my mobile...

Last edited:

meddler

It's not easy being a green text speak nazi
Staff member
Reaction score
Country
very nice. welcome.

Reaction score
Country
After I realised, one of my rear dampers is broken I gave it to my Garage to repair it. Yesterday it returned and I was surprised...
Shortly thought they've send me a brand new one ;)

Here are some before and after Pics :)
Before:

Oily and the hell dirty ;)

After:

Reaction score
Country
Hey sweet silvia mate.

How come you want to swap your HKS induction for an OEM one?

Reaction score
Country
Well, actually I fear with that HKS its more about losing than gaining performance ;)
The way its been mounted it will get the warm air from the engine bay instead of fresh cold air with that OEM Box... I don't know for sure but its one point I think about...
Thats one bad thing I've learned from my previouse Honda. The OEM Box worked way better than nearly every aftermarket Induction, cause most of them end up in the engine bay.

After a ride its been really warm in front of the Induction head..

I think I'll have to try and/or read more about that ;)

Reaction score
Country
Instagram
@Peglio13
I am pretty sure I have an oem airbox knocking about mate. Will have a look for you later ;) car looks nice and tidy mate!

Reaction score
Country
Well, actually I fear with that HKS its more about losing than gaining performance ;)
The way its been mounted it will get the warm air from the engine bay instead of fresh cold air with that OEM Box... I don't know for sure but its one point I think about...
Thats one bad thing I've learned from my previouse Honda. The OEM Box worked way better than nearly every aftermarket Induction, cause most of them end up in the engine bay.

After a ride its been really warm in front of the Induction head..

I think I'll have to try and/or read more about that ;)
Oh I see mate, that's cool. :thumbs:
Do like the look and sound of the HKS tho.

Reaction score
Country
Ok... yesterday I started to clean the car.

Unmounting the Front Bumper to reinforce it. And the Mesh will be renewed.. I don't know what the previouse Owner did to the car... but he used 3 different types of mesh, cracked the bumper and repaired it very badly... Doesn't want to speak about the paintjob...
Next object were the headlights. I have to refine them to remove that ugly yellow look... I also have to change the lights for German streets.
The wipers will get new paint and the metal things will be sandblasted and refined aswell :)

The Strut Brace looks a bit ugly, so I think I'll try to polish it, as well as the engine damper.

Can someone tell me, why they drilled holes into that spark plug cover? I can't find a clue why that should be a good idea :confused:

Reaction score
Country
Small update :)
Just fitted my Takata Seatbelt for the drivers Seat. Usually I'm driving alone, so there is no need of a second one.

I also ordered a pair of brand new Yashio Factory LED Taillights and some Nismo Clear Winkers.
Hopefully they'll arrive fast :) Can't wait to take a look at the Yashios.

Last edited:
Reaction score
Country
What's that mat under the bonnet, Silvias didn't come with those.

drifter

Reaction score
Country
Can someone tell me, why they drilled holes into that spark plug cover? I can't find a clue why that should be a good idea :confused:
Probably ventilation for the coils as they can get hot. You can buy vented covers. I just took mine off :)

Reaction score
Country
Haha yeah the Takata with OEM Seat is indeed overkill ;) But the Takata wasn't sold with my old Civic so it's just a bonus ;) I don't really know if it stays installed with the OEM Seats or if I wait until I change the Seats some day.

@Clarkey: Well.. Actually I don't know why there is a mat under the bonnet. I thought it has to be there (OEM). I guess its a heatshield or something like that, but I really don't know.

@drifter: Hmm yeah I saw you can buy vented ones... but couldn't find a clue why someone would drill holes by himself (It really looks awful). Maybe its a good idea to just take it off as well :)

Reaction score
Country
The standard seats aren't designed to be used with a harness so it's actually more dangerous with the harness than the stock belt now :nod:

The car looks good though, look forward to more updates.

Daveizz

Reaction score
Country
Clean car buddy,

Not sure (maybe your running a piggybak on the ECU) if not there is no way your engine is running 286ps mate.
Guessing it's for the looks, but unless you are running serious horsepowers the torque engine damper has no use.
And indeed what the other guys are saying, the belts are overkill on standard seats and probably dangerous as well!
Just my 2 cents :p

Reaction score
Country
Yeah that's what I thought as well... I have never seen a dyno map, so its just the value they told me when I bought the car. The damper was already installed, I usually wouldn't buy one myself, but its quiet nice for the looks :)
Just today I found this article..
http://www.speedhunters.com/2014/06/takata-ask-the-expert-answers/
Hopefully I do understand everything right, but it seems its no problem to use a harness with standard seats :confused:
Never heard about its more dangerous.. Can you explain, why its more dangerous or what happens when using a harness with OEM Seats at a crash? Would be interested.. If its really dangerous, I will unmount it and wait until I get some proper bucket seats.

Reaction score
Country
The takata harness is designed to have no more than 20 degrees in the angle between horizontal, and the harness going to the rear (ie, towards the rear seat area, not directly down). It can compress your spine in a crash if it isn't installed correctly

Reaction score
Country

Yesterday the geniune Yashio Factory LED Taillights arrived :) Can't wait to fit them on monday.
Takata will be removed until I get a proper bucket seat.

Reaction score
Country
Some small updates.
I now sold the Takata Seatbelt in case I won't buy new seats too soon. With that money I ordered a HKB Boss and Nardi Deep Corn Wheel. I also fitted the Taillights which (in my opinion) are the best option on a pewter S15 :)
Last weekend I took the car for a ride and got some last pictures of the car. It will now rest in my garage until 2016 I guess, because German TUV regulations and crap like this...

Well... here are some final (awesome) pictures, a friend of mine took in Dusseldorf last weekend.