What's new

French S15 Spec S

A

Adibou

So after introducing myself, I'm introducing to you my S15 Spec S bought in Japan in february.

First she was like that :

But in France, we have to probate the car following various procedures, very long and very expensive, so I demanded to the japanese guy to keep the 18" rims and to mount up origin rims.

She's like that from now :

She arrived from Japan last wednesday, I have to bring it back home during the next week.

For the moment, I have to put it the more as origin as possible to probate it.
Afterwards I will put some perf stuff !

Did you know where I can find origin oil filter, origin air filter and other origin parts ?

Thank you for reading, hope to see you soon :)

Reaction score
Country
loving those standard rims, looking juicey haha. best bet for OEM parts is RHDjapan, FRSport or direct from nissan- some parts work out cheaper from each so you will have to shop around

Reaction score
Country
would and inspector even know the difference between a nissan oil filter and a generic one? let alone a airfilter?

A

Adibou

JDM_virgin : Thanks for the links ! I'll keep the standard rims for drifting when she will be probated ^^
I'd like to swap with a SR20DET from S15 later

spoonman : The french inspectors are very punctilious. If I missed the first appointment to the control center, I gotta go again there and this is too much expensive !

Sorry for my bad english, I'll make efforts ^^

A

Adibou

Thank you Afterburner ^^

Some news of the car, I went to Le Havre to take it back home.

We did the levels, did a full check up of the car before going.
Everything is ok, we have 8h of road to do, no time to loose !

She's running perfectly, I enjoyed the steering which is very smoothy and precise, very different that the S14.
The engine is a less asthmatic but for a 2.0l it's not too bad.

The next day I did the oil drain, changed the air filter, the oil filter and went with friends to mountain.
The tires are too much tired, I couldn't accelerate as much as I wanted.
So I purchased 4 new Falken tires.

My friend's RX7

Really happy of the car
Pressed to finish the registration afterwards hostilities will begin :mad:

A

Adibou

Did someone know if the brakes/brakes pads are the same that the Nissan Primera or anyelse Nissan ?

I bought brakes from a S14a but it didn't correspond.

Thank you !

Reaction score
Country
JDM import S15 Spec S.......... Single POT brakes front and rear, they are the same as the non turbo S14. not 100% sure but the might be the same as P11 primera.

Save yourself money on the stock Spec S brake system and just buy some 4 POT (S14/S15 turbo) front brake calipers and just bolt them on to the front, then once you are feeling $$$ buy full skyline brake system 4POT front, 2POT rears with drum handbrake and a BM50 or 57 brake master cylinder with the booster.

Reaction score
Nice car, the photo with the red FD RX7, all you needed was a white car to make the photo very patriotic.. lol